Posting something other than HC/GM. Are the Patriots One and Done?

Jimmy IRisH

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Terrell Davis did more for Shanahan and Elway when it came to winning bowls..

I think Terrell Davis did more for Shanahan and Elway when it came to winning bowls..

Yep, pretty good when you cheat to circumvent the salary cap to keep Davis and Elway.

How many Bowls do the Broncos win without those 2 guys?

So you're saying Walsh was TWICE as lucky as BB by lucking into both Montana and Young.

No, I believe Walsh was a legitimate innovative mind and great coach. BB is a miserable, cheating miscreant who lucked into the BEST draft pick of all time. 

Yeah, I'm behind enemy lines too. I really can't stand Pat fan attitudes. The last weekend the Jets played the Pats this season the stupid recipe lady in the Providence Journal even published a recipe for what she called a "Jets blowout snack," or something along those lines. I was just hoping the Jets would have beaten the Pats and then I would have written in thanking her for the recipe, but I really didn't think the Jets really would blowout the Pats, but thanks anyway. With the Jets losing it wasn't worth it.

Anyway, yes I really think the Ravens can beat them again. That's what I expect anyway.

I was glad to see Baltimore win becuase I think they are the ONLY AFC team that can beat New England. Pittsburgh would have had an outside shot, but I think Terrell Suggs makes Tommy boy sh#t his tidy whities.

Well, at least your post is Half objective.

It's at least 75 % objective.  No reasonable fan could ever believe Belichick knew exactly what he had in 6th round draft pick Tom Brady.  And it's easy to argue that Belichick didn't do anything innovative, either.  After all, he wasn't winning d*ck with Drew Bledsoe. 

And I'm still waiting from TX to find out exactly what amazing, NFL-changing system Belichick runs on offense that made Brady little more than a "System QB".

Well, at least your post is Half objective.

Guy has a losing record without Brady, that's an objective fact

52-60 Career Record.. 1 Playoff season, 1 Playoff win. 2 winning seasons in 7 years.... He makes Rex, Herm and Mangina look like all time greats in comparison..

Luckiest POS in nfl history

It's at least 75 % objective.  No reasonable fan could ever believe Belichick knew exactly what he had in 6th round draft pick Tom Brady.  And it's easy to argue that Belichick didn't do anything innovative, either.  After all, he wasn't winning d*ck with Drew Bledsoe. 

And I'm still waiting from TX to find out exactly what amazing, NFL-changing system Belichick runs on offense that made Brady little more than a "System QB".

Actually, ANY reasonable fan would think BB knew what he had considering he kept four QB'S on the roster the year he drafted Brady. If he didn't, he would have exposed him on the PS. NEST PAS?

D

52-60 Career Record.. 1 Playoff season, 1 Playoff win. 2 winning seasons in 7 years.... He makes Rex, Herm and Mangina look like all time greats in comparison..

And wouldn't you know that one playoff win was against the Tuna's Pats... :animal0029:

Actually, ANY reasonable fan would think BB knew what he had considering he kept four QB'S on the roster the year he drafted Brady. If he didn't, he would have exposed him on the PS. NEST PAS?

D

He drafted Brady has a favor.  He was described as a gangly, scrawny kid coming out of college.  Belichick 100 % had no clue what he had in him when he drafted Brady.

He drafted Brady has a favor.  He was described as a gangly, scrawny kid coming out of college.  Belichick 100 % had no clue what he had in him when he drafted Brady.

That may be true, but he clearly saw something from the scrawny kid after his first camp to keep 4 QBs on his opening week roster. You can't deny that.

Just like Montana and Young made Walsh, Marino made Shula, and Starr made Lombardi. Not to mention what Elway did for the biggest cheater in NFL history, Mike Shanahan.

Marino made Shula?  The guy had a better record without Marino than with him.  He was a bona fide Hall of Fame coach for years before Marino even got to Pitt.  Bart Starr?  LOL. 

Walsh and Shula won before Free Agency and the salary cap.

Very easy to keep a good team together in those days.

Which team was Shula keeping together?  The Colts or the Dolphins?  

I was glad to see Baltimore win becuase I think they are the ONLY AFC team that can beat New England. Pittsburgh would have had an outside shot, but I think Terrell Suggs makes Tommy boy sh#t his tidy whities.

Ravens match up really well against the Patriots.  I love Ngata matching up against the JAGs the Pats have on their OL.   Revis will cancel out Steve Smith but they have other guys who can make plays and catch those bombs from Flacco.

The rest of that draft was pretty terrible as far as I remember for the Patriots.  Getting the greatest qb of all-time in round 6 after blowing their picks the first 5 rounds is such a fluke.

Belichick drafted Brady.

Why did the Jets pass on him 6 times?

Every time the Jets draft a QB, all they do is turn out to be a bunch of Ryan Leaf's.

Belichick drafted Brady.

Why did the Jets pass on him 6 times?

Every time the Jets draft a QB, all they do is turn out to be a bunch of Ryan Leaf's.

True or False? Does Bill Belichick have a worse record without an all time great at QB then any Jets coach of the last 18 years.

Why did the Pats pass on him 5 times?  Because they knew d*ck about him, just like everyone else.  Belichick is not Nostradamus.

Pioli drafted Brady. 

OMFG it is going to be hilarious if the Pats season is over by 7:30PM tomorrow night.  The media has really been sucking their d*cks passionately the entire season even more than normal.

Amazing. Simply amazing. Cindy has made Bellicheat the coach that he is and just think - The Patsies took Cindy in the 6th round.

True or False? Does Bill Belichick have a worse record without an all time great at QB then any Jets coach of the last 18 years.

Still not sure what your point is. The early '90's NFL is a heck of a lot different than it is since Free Agency and the Salary Cap came into effect.

To answer your question. It's TRUE. Belichick had a sub .500 record in Cleveland. He also got screwed over by Art Modell.

Archived