MetLife named highest grossing stadium in the world.

joewilly12

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are dead wrong I was there as well and sat there every Sunday during the 1-15 season the place was filled with many angry Jets fans but they were there opposing teams fans were far and few between.

No exaggeration FACT.

Disclaimer not against PSL holders or those who chose not to be a PSL holder its all a matter of choice just against those spewing false nonsense.

He is dead right

I was one of the 3000 or so Jet fans at a typical game in.that 1-15 season...Jets vs Eagles.

The crowd was about 32000. There were 29000 Eagle fans surrounding our tiny group of 3000 along with 40000 empty seats vacated by all YOUR loyal fans that PSLs drove away.

Here's my opinion, Joebaby...you weren't there then. You aren't there now. Maybe your newfound billboard buddies will invite you to a game someday so you can see the inside of the new stadium for the first time

Im supposed to IGNORE sg3 BUT he has chosen NOT TO IGNORE ME 

I was there every game during the 1-15 season and other ugly seasons  as well and and I do go to games at Metlife not every week and you want to LIE about the game day experience compared to Shea and Giants stadium you are a LIAR 

Never did opposing teams fans OUT NUMBER Jets fans STOP the lies. 

In the old stadium pre-PSL fees if you chose to opt out of a game for weather or family obligations you only lost the cheap price of the ticket today you  lose the PSL fee and game ticket price more to lose thats why they are being sold on the open market to anyone. 

Hey, remember at the old stadium (before PSL's). the fun we had at halftime at the gate D spiral by your old seats? lol NOW THAT WAS FUN!

gal-giants-stadium-39-jpg.jpg

I had the BEST time of my life there, laughed so hard each time someone took their shirt off, it was magical, took the sting of the Herman Edwards era off brilliantly.

But I didn't discover this Gate D Spiral show until 2006 and I'd had my tickets since 2001! And then camera phones became the rage and social media killed it forever.

It was fun though, wow. Combining an amateur strip club and a football game is genius. Hmm. There's a business there. Let me think about that. We have Tailgate Joe. Why not "Topless Tailgaters"? Big RV, barbecue grills, music, and 100% guaranteed first-time amateurs all under the age of 20.

SAR I

/end thread

We're never going to be allowed to love our PSL's, Dave.

We were naive and taken advantage of. We didn't realize it, but we basically paid money for the rights to buy more tickets. Can you believe it? How did we let this happen? Aren't we smarter than that?

SAR I

This is so wrong I don't know where to begin.Ticket Prices: Re-read my earlier post. Ticket prices went up from $75 to $125 between 2001-2008 in Giants Stadium. In MetLife Stadium, the prices never went up, have been $125 since opening day. The Jets haven't raised gameday ticket prices in 8 years. Compare that with the huge jump from the priopr 8 seasons and there's all this "PSL money" you're talking about. If my seats had increased from $125 to $190 since Metlife opened I'd be $13,000 out of pocket. My PSL's only cost $16,000. GET IT?Reselling Tickets: Set of my 4 seats plus parking is $535 per game. If you would like to donate them to charity, that's awesome, you Paypal me $535, I'll give the seats to you, and you can donate them to charity. So nice of you.PSL Investment: No one said it was. It's a small price increase spread out over 30 years that gives a season ticket holder a chance to get some of his money back. Let's say after 15 years I relocate to California, don't want my seats any more. Instead of just letting the Jets get my primo Row 1 Mezz A seats back to sell to someone else, I get to sell them to someone else, and if I can't get back the full $4,000 per seat I put in I'll at least get back $2,000 and if the Jets are good by then, I might get $6,000 per seat. It's not an investment but it gives the fan the chance to recoup some or all of his money when it comes time to sell. There are new Jets fans born every day. There are new recent college grads in the city getting their careers off the ground every day. There are 4 million Jets fans in the NY metro area and there are only 21,000 season ticket holders. The math is on my side.My Way: My way is the only way. I'm not aware of any PSL owner who is hitting on hard times because the extra $7 or $13 a game is putting him in the poor house. That's fiction from the minds of people who either 1) opted out and quit on the Jets and their old season tickets and feel guilty about it or 2) people who have no clue how money works.SAR I

What was the cost of your ticket at the last home game at GS and what was the cost of the first one at MetLife? There's your price increase plus a PSL.

And as far as having no clue how money works.... If you bought 16K worth of GOLD in 2008 what type of INVESTMENT would that have been for you now?

And nice to see your so charitable with your mega bucks. I mean hell, any 3 series driving person can donate 5K a year right?

Again this is not about people who bought PSLs. God love em. It's about you trying to show everyone how great and smart you are. It went on for way to long at JI and it should end very quickly here I hope. Kills every off season thread. And why would you have even been at gate D, you hate all of those types of people it ruins your Kaki's.

My level of sacrifice? You challenge that? Here, let me defend myself:

-Haven't missed a Jets game live or on TV since 1978.

-Cut two honeymoon's short by a day to get back from overseas to a US TV to see opening day.

-Waitlisted for 14 years, scrounged Newsday and Pennysaver to buy ad-hoc tickets.

-Relocated to New Hampshire in 1996 and saw every road Jets game at Foxoboro from 1996-2009.

-In 2001 found a retiring postal worker on eBay who agreed to sign his Row 1 Mezzanine seats in GS to me for $10,000

-Commuted 10 hours round trip from New Hampshire from 2001-2009 attending 5+ games a year. 45 trips in 9 years in the freezing cold, rain, snow, ice.

-When PSL's were announced, found a fan with 10 seats he didn't want and paid $1,000 per seat for Day 1 PSL seniority.

-On PSL sales day, chose Row 1 Mezz A seats. Hired lawyer to make the assignment of the seats to my name for $2,000.

I know you're a smart guy but after reading this I can't help but think of that old Oscar Levant quote... "There is a fine line between genius and insanity".

What was the cost of your ticket at the last home game at GS and what was the cost of the first one at MetLife? There's your price increase plus a PSL.

Let's see: $125 - $125 = $0

And as far as having no clue how money works.... If you bought 16K worth of GOLD in 2008 what type of INVESTMENT would that have been for you now?

And nice to see your so charitable with your mega bucks. I mean hell, any 3 series driving person can donate 5K a year right?

Again this is not about people who bought PSLs. God love em. It's about you trying to show everyone how great and smart you are. It went on for way to long at JI and it should end very quickly here I hope. Kills every off season thread. And why would you have even been at gate D, you hate all of those types of people it ruins your Kaki's.

There is no reason for personal attacks. Stick to the subject matter. Stick to PSL's and I'll be happy to talk to you.

SAR I

Correction. Roger Goodell did.

Fact: Every NFL team that has instituted PSL's has seen their fans turn a tidy profit should they choose to sell.

I did not purchase Jets PSL's for that reason, I'm in it for me and my family to attend games for 30 years, but the fact is for every NFL team that instituted PSL's their fans who bought PSL's have seen their values rise markedly.

SAR I

I know you're a smart guy but after reading this I can't help but think of that old Oscar Levant quote... "There is a fine line between genius and insanity".

Yes, I agree.

On the PSL front, I'm a smart guy.

On all that driving and physical supporting of an awful NFL team (for the most part), yeah, dumb as they come.

SAR I

Fact: Every NFL team that has instituted PSL's has seen their fans turn a tidy profit should they choose to sell.

I did not purchase Jets PSL's for that reason, I'm in it for me and my family to attend games for 30 years, but the fact is for every NFL team that instituted PSL's their fans who bought PSL's have seen their values rise markedly.

SAR I

seasonticketrights.com must have some misprints.  Half the resales listed are well below face for the Jets.

seasonticketrights.com must have some misprints.  Half the resales listed are well below face for the Jets.

There are 1,211 PSL seats for sale from 461 fans in Metlife Stadium.

There are 70,000 PSL seats owned by 26,615 fans at Metlife Stadium.

So 1.7% of all PSL's are for sale by a few hundred fans who have hit hard financial times, got relocated, or passed away. The traditional turnover of seats at Giants Stadium was 2.0%.

STOP THE PRESSES! PSL's ARE A HUGE FAILURE! SELL THE TEAM WOODY!

SAR I

"Rich" for the purposes of this PSL conversation I would define as making a salary over $100,000 and/or having enough saved to afford $5,000 a year in season tickets to events that can otherwise be seen on free TV.I need no reinforcement for my PSL decision as I view it as the happiest day of my Jets life when I was awarded them and I would have paid double for the same seats in the same facility.A PSL is a bagel. They are both uneccessary and friviolous.If my local bagel shop wanted to charge me $10 a year for the privalege of cutting the line and avoiding price increases for 10 years I'd sign up in a heartbeat.To say "numbers don't matter here" is ridiculous when it's all about money. If PSL's were free, you'd have no issue. I intend to keep my PSL's for 30 years. Therefore they only cost me $13 per game. In the future, adjusted for inflation, they'll only cost me $5 per game. If ever I relocate and I need to sell them, I'll make some money back. What I spent on an entertainment expense 7 years ago doesn't matter now in the same manner that vacations I took in that span are nothing now but memories.Your argument isn't actually about PSL's- your argument is about the merits of being a season ticket holder. It's an emotional decision based on entertainment and family memories. Any season ticket holder burns through money because they enjoy the experience, no other reason. When you see a movie, you get no ROI. When you eat at Peter Luger, you get no ROI. When you pay your phone bill, you get no ROI. But you do it anyway. Because you want to.Start a thread about your favorite vacations, I'll invade it, start crticizing you on how much you spent and how much money you wasted and then you can understand how silly you sound right now.SAR I

invading? Don't get defensive, I'm not criticizing you, I've said all along you should spend your hard earned money on whatever you like.

I'm criticizing your argument on how wonderful PSLs are. You say you need no reinforcement on your decision, I doubt that. if so you would ignore these threads.

SAR I

Fact the New England Patriots and Robert Kraft who have been very successful did not institute PSLs in the new stadium recently built and did I mention they will be playing in the AFC Championship game this season. 

30 years why should your family retain those seats for 30 years? 

Fact the New England Patriots and Robert Kraft who have been very successful did not institute PSLs in the new stadium recently built and did I mention they will be playing in the AFC Championship game this season. 

30 years why should your family retain those seats for 30 years?

Robert Kraft bought a terrible team, the Jets in blue uniforms, and got a sweetheart deal from Massachusets not to move the team to Connecticut. He didn't need the PSL revenue as badly as the Jets and Giants did. Additionally, Boston has 646,000 residents, NYC has 8,500,000. A lot more fans willing to pay a PSL fee down here.

My family retains my seats for 30 years because I decided to spend the $11 a month to make sure they do. Every incumbent Jets season ticket holder and waitlister was offered the same opportunity.

SAR I

I'm criticizing your argument on how wonderful PSLs are. You say you need no reinforcement on your decision, I doubt that. if so you would ignore these threads.

Listen, I didn't want to spend $16,000 to get four seats in the new stadium. Don't get me wrong, I've got far better things to do with that kind of money.

However, there is one thing in this whole endeavour that was so great, so special, and so important it made any amount of money on PSL's worthwhile- I finally got to pick the seats I wanted without some old-timer's great-grandson Giants fan squatting in them.

I don't think you know what it was like to be on the Jets waitlist from 1988 to 2002. That's 14 years of waiting and hoping I'd get that magic envelope in the mail while a members of the Shea Stadium Lucky Sperm Club got to sit there instead. Because granddad decided to pay $4 to see the 1964 Jets, they got to keep the tickets forever? Now it's my turn. I'd have paid twice as much for the privalege.

SAR I

Robert Kraft bought a terrible team, the Jets in blue uniforms, and got a sweetheart deal from Massachusets not to move the team to Connecticut. He didn't need the PSL revenue as badly as the Jets and Giants did. Additionally, Boston has 646,000 residents, NYC has 8,500,000. A lot more fans willing to pay a PSL fee down here.

My family retains my seats for 30 years because I decided to spend the $11 a month to make sure they do. Every incumbent Jets season ticket holder and waitlister was offered the same opportunity.

SAR I

Woody Johnson bought a team that hasn't won since 1969 Woody Johnson didn't need the PSL revenue and neither did MetLife stadium as 2 NFL teams play there 20 home games a year along with Taylor Swift and Jay Z. 

In 30 years your family won't be able to afford the price of admission if they rely on you for income I'm sure you have squandered away your annuity and have  0 in your 401k living the rich and famous lifestyle that you do today good luck and enjoy the game if not sell like you usually do when the going gets tough,

Woody Johnson bought a team that hasn't won since 1969 Woody Johnson didn't need the PSL revenue and neither did MetLife stadium as 2 NFL teams play there 20 home games a year along with Taylor Swift and Jay Z.

In 30 years your family won't be able to afford the price of admission if they rely on you for income I'm sure you have squandered away your annuity and have 0 in your 401k living the rich and famous lifestyle that you do today good luck and enjoy the game if not sell like you usually do when the going gets tough,

You don't pay or go.

Let those who have actually been at Met Life discuss it

In 30 years your family won't be able to afford the price of admission if they rely on you for income I'm sure you have squandered away your annuity and have  0 in your 401k living the rich and famous lifestyle that you do today good luck and enjoy the game if not sell like you usually do when the going gets tough,

Your personal attacks are completely uncalled for.

Do yourself a favor- stop commenting on something you know nothing about. You are not a season ticket holder and you are not a PSL holder. Can you let the season ticket holders and PSL holders have an adult converation without trolling us with your misperceptions just once? Would really be a nice gesture.

SAR I

Your personal attacks are completely uncalled for.

Do yourself a favor- stop commenting on something you know nothing about. You are not a season ticket holder and you are not a PSL holder. Can you let the season ticket holders and PSL holders have an adult converation without trolling us with your misperceptions just once? Would really be a nice gesture.

SAR I

This thread is about MetLife and it being the highest grossing stadium in the world not about your family your possessions your wealth or your season tickets that you keep reminding everyone about.

I apologize if you feel personally attacked it wasn't my intent. 

Listen, I didn't want to spend $16,000 to get four seats in the new stadium. Don't get me wrong, I've got far better things to do with that kind of money.However, there is one thing in this whole endeavour that was so great, so special, and so important it made any amount of money on PSL's worthwhile- I finally got to pick the seats I wanted without some old-timer's great-grandson Giants fan squatting in them.I don't think you know what it was like to be on the Jets waitlist from 1988 to 2002. That's 14 years of waiting and hoping I'd get that magic envelope in the mail while a members of the Shea Stadium Lucky Sperm Club got to sit there instead. Because granddad decided to pay $4 to see the 1964 Jets, they got to keep the tickets forever? Now it's my turn. I'd have paid twice as much for the privalege.SAR I

Finally you are making sense. The is a great post.

Listen, I didn't want to spend $16,000 to get four seats in the new stadium. Don't get me wrong, I've got far better things to do with that kind of money.

However, there is one thing in this whole endeavour that was so great, so special, and so important it made any amount of money on PSL's worthwhile- I finally got to pick the seats I wanted without some old-timer's great-grandson Giants fan squatting in them.

I don't think you know what it was like to be on the Jets waitlist from 1988 to 2002. That's 14 years of waiting and hoping I'd get that magic envelope in the mail while a members of the Shea Stadium Lucky Sperm Club got to sit there instead. Because granddad decided to pay $4 to see the 1964 Jets, they got to keep the tickets forever? Now it's my turn. I'd have paid twice as much for the privalege.

SAR I

This vicious cycle will continue and one day you will hopefully feel what others felt when they were forced out of their seats. What you paid $16,000 for will also be considered $4 sooner than you think. Enjoy it while you can. 

Archived