Dan Shaughnessy didn't vote for Piazza because he thinks he took roids

Blackout

Reggie Jerkson was a roider for his whole career. They helped him get to those two major personal records (most strikeouts in a season, most strikeouts - career) that earned him his spot in the HOF

the Hall of Shame is a JOKE with Pete Rose and his 4400+ hits excluded by that crooked jackass Selig

I dont see how you can have a Hall of Fame without inducting Barry Bonds.

They're not going to have any of the steroid guys from the 90's/2000's in the hall of fame.  They are going to have to build a separate hall of fame in Venice Beach, CA by Mike Piazza's old hangout.

They're not going to have any of the steroid guys from the 90's/2000's in the hall of fame. They are going to have to build a separate hall of fame in Venice Beach, CA by Mike Piazza's old hangout.

Yeah, because there is definitive proof none of the guys already elected from that era did steroids.

Reggie Jerkson was a roider for his whole career. They helped him get to those two major personal records (most strikeouts in a season, most strikeouts - career) that earned him his spot in the HOF

the Hall of Shame is a JOKE with Pete Rose and his 4400+ hits excluded by that crooked jackass Selig

Pete Rose has no one to blame but himself for his current situation.  

Of course Piazza did steroids.  And this is coming from a Mets fan.  There's a strong bet that all of the players who are getting deflated HoF votes used them.  The writers tend to know these things collectively.  And not just clowns like Shaughnessy.

But in the end.....who cares?  Eventually the older reporters will move on from this and the younger ones will vote these guys in.  

Of course Piazza did steroids.  And this is coming from a Mets fan.  There's a strong bet that all of the players who are getting deflated HoF votes used them.  The writers tend to know these things collectively.  And not just clowns like Shaughnessy.

But in the end.....who cares?  Eventually the older reporters will move on from this and the younger ones will vote these guys in.  

Exactly how do baseball writers collectively know things that are not public knowledge?

Exactly how do baseball writers collectively know things that are not public knowledge?

I am not saying the writers have proof on Piazza. But I do know that writers in sports know a lot of things that they never report on.

I am not saying the writers have proof on Piazza. But I do know that writers in sports know a lot of things that they never report on.

Yeah I don't buy it. 

I heard someone say last week that the Piazza suspicion stems from Murray Chass once claiming to see a pimple on Piazza's back. If that's true... its completely ****ed up. 

You know what is far more suspicious than a pimple on Mike Piazza's back? Curt Schilling's career trajectory. 

I'm not a Piazza fan by any stretch of the imagination but he's a Hall of Famer. 

Selig didnt ban Rose.

Bart Giamatti was the commissioner at that time. 

Archived