The Big Mo Debate (to trade, or NOT to trade)

Greenseed4

You trade him but not to turn around and sign Suh, that would be utterly ridiculous. We have more than enough talent on that line. We could plug Coples there and it wouldnt be much of a fall off with the unit as a whole. We need to start spreading the talent around on this team and he's a bargaining chip. We dont have to trade him solely for draft picks, we can trade him for other talent. We need talent all over the place and I dont see anything wrong with plucking from the overstock worth of talent that we have on the d-line which hasn't had a winning season (as a team) since 2010. 

you know I brought up this subject in the off season. you are right. suh shouldn't be in the conversation. the fact is that the jets have a surplus of talent on the dline. doesn't make sense to keep everybody while handing out large contracts. at the time, I thought you would considering trading mo because he was wroth more than Richardson and coples. now its the 12m contract. the jets cant keep and re-sign all their dline talent. something will eventually give. not saying mo must be traded, but I think this offseason, you dangle all 3 lineman and guage the interest. the jets only need 2 of them. however, I think mo is a great talent, I also think coples upside is higher if/when he reaches it.

I personally would trade down, but if we went Sherff at 6 I wouldnt be mad.

I had an interest in trading down when I thought Ronnie Stanley would be available in the draft. Since he is not, my interest in the 1st round is between Shane Ray and Vic Beasley depending on the scheme we will be running. I have a huge interest in Sean Mannion as my Developmental QB Prospect:

I had an interest in trading down when I thought Ronnie Stanley would be available in the draft. Since he is not, my interest in the 1st round is between Shane Ray and Vic Beasley depending on the scheme we will be running. I have a huge interest in Sean Mannion as my Developmental QB Prospect:

I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on him in the mid rounds. I've seen his tape and there's a lot to like but there's also some things that worry me. 

A guy who I like but will be declaring next year is Arizona St. QB Mike Bercovici. Watching some tape of Jaelen Strong had me looking more at their QB at times. 

I would most definitely trade with Philly to get their first and 2nd round picks. I down want any of these top QB's, though if I had to chose it would be Winston. 

I'd rather trade the pick and get Ronnie Stanley at Philly's spot in the first round. 

I just cannot see us as the trading partner for Philly.  Someone ahead of us will reap the benefits of Chip Kelly's Mariota lust.  He will never wait til 6.

I can see trading Mo for CLE's second first round pick they got from BUF in the Watkins trade, the 19th pick overall.  CLE has a need at the position, cap space to sign him, an extra 1st rounder, are a scheme fit and their HC is very familiar with Mo; so it works. 

I just cannot see us as the trading partner for Philly.  Someone ahead of us will reap the benefits of Chip Kelly's Mariota lust.  He will never wait til 6.

You may be right but if Mariota falls to 6 and Cooper and Winston aren't also there (they won't be) we have to draft him and raid the Eagles' draft picks.

Archived