Divisional Playoff Games Weekend Thread

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You would hope. He looked as sad as fat Magic Johnson out there.

No zip on his ball at all. To go through another grueling rehab for what ever ails him at his age, there's no point. And if he had the misfortune of  some bad hits, he takes the risk of getting seriously hurt. 

No zip on his ball at all. To go through another grueling rehab for what ever ails him at his age, there's no point. And if he had the misfortune of  some bad hits, he takes the risk of getting seriously hurt. 

Twenty-million dollars can usually make a very convincing argument.  

It's like a switch flipped in midseason and Peyton instantly got old.

This is going to be kind of sad to watch if he comes back.

Reports are that he's had a pretty significant quad injury, which as sapped a lot of his throwing power. I can't remember who it was, possibly simms or mort, that said no Qb in recent history uses their legs more to generate power on their throws than Peyton.  If that's the case, I wouldn't be surprised to see him come back for the remaining two years of his contract. If he injury is more severe, sure, he could hang em up.

Go Colts

Go Packers

Go Seahawks

75% chance we're happy when this season wraps. All 3 teams are teams I can respect, and the Colts are my wife's team, so I'm always happy to see them advance (except when it's at the expense of the Jets).

That 75% chance is obscured obviously by the fact that the Patriots cheat.

Twenty-million dollars can usually make a very convincing argument.  

Reports are that he's had a pretty significant quad injury, which as sapped a lot of his throwing power. I can't remember who it was, possibly simms or mort, that said no Qb in recent history uses their legs more to generate power on their throws than Peyton.  If that's the case, I wouldn't be surprised to see him come back for the remaining two years of his contract. If he injury is more severe, sure, he could hang em up.

He is coming back, He wants that money. As long as it is not neck related I can not see him passing up 45 mill dollars. Plus if he is not playing all those commercials dry up.

75% chance we're happy when this season wraps. All 3 teams are teams I can respect, and the Colts are my wife's team, so I'm always happy to see them advance (except when it's at the expense of the Jets).

Yeah...happy. Wait, aren't we Jets fans?

So they way you figure it, the Pats have a 25% chance of winning the SB?

So they way you figure it, the Pats have a 25% chance of winning the SB?

No, I'm just saying 3/4 or 75% of the teams left would make me happy if they won. I think the actually chance of them winning would be 50%, if they get in, based on being one of 2 teams playing the game. The odds would be different than the chance. I don't want to get into how to figure out the chance of them both getting in and winning, you do it.

No, I'm just saying 3/4 or 75% of the teams left would make me happy if they won. I think the actually chance of them winning would be 50%, if they get in, based on being one of 2 teams playing the game. The odds would be different than the chance. I don't want to get into how to figure out the chance of them both getting in and winning, you do it.

already done.. will be updated by Tuesday

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/playoffodds

Seriously??

Pats easily kick the Colts ass in Foxboro, just like they always do.

And then they easily knock off the Packers or Seahhawks in the Super Bowl.

2005: "Really? Pats have won 2 straight SBs, they'll take care of Denver in a rout. Who cares if its on the road. Brady will make Champ Bailey look like a fool."

2006: "Pats will easily kick the Colts ass in the AFCCG, just like they always do. Game will be over by half."

2007: "We've won 18 games in a row, you really think BB and Brady will screw up a perfect season against Eli friggin' Manning? Delusional."

2009: "Are you kidding? Pats haven't lost a home playoff game in the BB era, you think that streak is gonna end against Joe friggin' Flacco? DELUSIONAL."

2010: "45-3. Fat buffoon. Delusional. Foxboro. Brady might hang 100 on the Jets in this game."

2011: "You really think BB and Brady will screw up a Super Bowl against Eli friggin' Manning again?!"

2012: "You really think BB and Brady will lose another home playoff game to Joe friggin' Flacco?!"

2013: "You guys are funny. Pats win and Peyton chokes like always. Brady throws for 400 and then wins a SB in the Jets building"

For the record: I agree that the Pats take care of the Colts pretty easily, but assuming they do you should be praying they go up against the Packers and not the Seahawks. Even you can't be that delusional  :tongue:

For the record: I agree that the Pats take care of the Colts pretty easily, but assuming they do you should be praying they go up against the Packers and not the Seahawks. Even you can't be that delusional  :tongue:

Seahawks can not cover TE's and short, quick passes.

Pats need to change their offense to incorporate those types of plays.

Seahawks should be prepared for Rodgers before moving on to how to shut down Andrew Luck

The Pats offense already heavily incorporates those types of plays. And there isn't a team in the league better equipped to shut down a TE (or a timing based offense for that matter) if they choose to focus on the position. Their LBs all cover well and their safeties are of course exceptional and especially suited to defending the elite TE's in the league.

Of the top TE's they've faced this year, Greg Olsen just had the most productive game against them since week 2 (4 catches 58 yards). Here's how they fared against offenses that heavily feature the TE in the regular season: Julius Thomas (3 for 17), Jason Witten (2 for 24), Travis Kelce (3 for 37), and Greg Olsen (1 for 16). The one outlier was the San Diego game where Antonip Gates ripped them for 7-96-3. In fact that's the only outlier in the last two years (at least), as they shut down Jimmy Graham (x2), Vernon Davis (x3), Julius Thomas, Greg Olsen, and Tony Gonzalez last year. Where they struggle to defend the TE most is in the red zone, as most teams do. Of course, you have to get into the red zone first.

Archived