seriously wat are the chances

broadwaywill

I doubt that anyone will have a chance to trade up to the top 3 this year, depending on what houston's new head coach wants to do. But whoever they hire will certainly be pressured into drafting bush, even if the smart move for them is to trade down.

In now way shape or form do the jets trade up for the " big 3".

we have 2 choices.

1. stay put and take the BAP.

or

2. Trade down and stock pile extra picks.

Choice #1 may be the Jets only option.

Trading down with the 4th pick (after the Big 3 go off the board) my be extremely difficult. A team would have to have their eye on a very specific player to move up to #4.

\

Isn't that the reason anyone moves up in any draft? :wink:

Point well taken Dierk.

But don't you agree there is a considerable drop-off after Bush, Lienart and Young?

I think Ferguson will be a great NFL tackle and the more I read up on Cutler I like the guy.

But the bottom line, will teams be willing to trade up (not to mention the $15-$20 mil signing bonus it will cost them) to grab someone other then the top 3 guys?

Point well taken Dierk.

But don't you agree there is a considerable drop-off after Bush, Lienart and Young?

I think Ferguson will be a great NFL tackle and the more I read up on Cutler I like the guy.

But the bottom line, will teams be willing to trade up (not to mention the $15-$20 mil signing bonus it will cost them) to grab someone other then the top 3 guys?

It all depends how anyone's particular draft board winds up.

It CAN work to the Jets benefit that there is the top 3, and then everyone is a wash at that point. Say if someoen else identifies a grades a particular player very higher than the "wash" and feeel he may not be there at their pick, they may want to trade up.

It can happen, not saying it will happen.

Just like the the very first pick of day 2 is often coveted, sometimes it works to a team's benefit when the next level of graded players drops immediately to their position.

A lot to happen before that, and it depends on team's boards

Trading down with the 4th pick (after the Big 3 go off the board) my be extremely difficult. A team would have to have their eye on a very specific player to move up to #4.

way too early to make that kind of statement. wait until the senior bowl, combine, and pro days are over.

if someone shoots up the board - cutler, ngata - the jets could be sitting in a great spot at 4. if cutler moves ahead of leinart the jets would be in a premium spot. if leinart is there at 4 i could see the broncos using both #1's and a 2 or 4 to move up and grab him.

i personally hate the idea of giving a $20M+ signing bonus to an unproven player. we already have 1 huge unmoveable contract killing the franchise we don't need 2.

i personally hate the idea of giving a $20M+ signing bonus to an unproven player. we already have 1 huge unmoveable contract killing the franchise we don't need 2.

I totally agree with this.

Nothing pisses me off more then handing out $15-$20 million SB to a college player that has never played a down in the NFL.

I'd rather end up with more picks than Vince YOUNG..

Cutler seems more ready to play a pro offemse anyway..

I'd love if we can somehow end up with 1 of the top 3 rbs (white or Williams), one of the top 3 Qbs (Cutler) and of the top 3 O linemen..

It's possible...

It all depends how anyone's particular draft board winds up.

It CAN work to the Jets benefit that there is the top 3, and then everyone is a wash at that point. Say if someoen else identifies a grades a particular player very higher than the "wash" and feeel he may not be there at their pick, they may want to trade up.

It can happen, not saying it will happen.

Just like the the very first pick of day 2 is often coveted, sometimes it works to a team's benefit when the next level of graded players drops immediately to their position.

A lot to happen before that, and it depends on team's boards

Exactly. the 4 pick is where you start if you want anybody else besides the "big 3" .

D'Brickshaw Ferguson would problably qualify

Archived