First HC Hired - Rex to Bills

JetsFanatic

I can't tell what "everyone should think". These are opinions.

Problem for you is that coaches should be judged on the entirety of their career.

One could say, the last 4 season, Rex was totally inept, while leaving out 2 decent runs. 

And I would agree with that opinion just like 1 winning season in 6 doesn't say HOF coach in that time period

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a sick feeling that Rex will be cheered coming into MetLife Stadium for the first time.

I wonder if Rex will call ahead and tell people to cheer, in this scenario.

I agree 100% Max I think the problem is Woody hasn't hired anyone for the masses to hate yet so they are still stuck on a coach that's not even here anymore.. LIke a vampire needs blood most Jet fans need someone to feed and crap on..

I don't know why it's not okay to be talking about the coach that just took us to 4-12, never made good on ANY of his promises from 6 years ago, just becoming the head coach of a division rival. WTF else are we supposed to be talking about?

I wonder if Rex will call ahead and tell people to cheer, in this scenario.

I don't know why it's not okay to be talking about the coach that just took us to 4-12, never made good on ANY of his promises from 6 years ago, just becoming the head coach of a division rival. WTF else are we supposed to be talking about?

I remember 2007 when Mangini went 4-12 and most were saying both Chad and Clemens sucked plus they never should have let Pete Kendall go and start Adrian Jones instead..

I agree 100% Max I think the problem is Woody hasn't hired anyone for the masses to hate yet so they are still stuck on a coach that's not even here anymore.. LIke a vampire needs blood most Jet fans need someone to feed and crap on..

So true. Sounds like Quinn is the guy. I am hoping Seattle loses in the Championship game as a result of a few Wilson mistakes. Hopefully Quinn's defense is perfect. :)

So here is the deal...who cares.

Rex is now the coach of the Bills. Jets fans rooted for him before, now we HAVE TO root against him. Hopefully Woody Johnson gets it right in his decision to replace Rex. Because we want this team (the Jets) to win a Super Bowl. Nothing else matters.

I said this to you on page 2 of this creepy thread. You never pay any attention to me. It hurts.

I wanted Rex fired. He needed to be fired. I didn't want him to be hired when they did it.  That said, you can't find a better way to make your point than this?

Wasn't my most eloquent moment but the Rex supporters nonsense pushes my buttons because there is no objective argument to back up Rex being a good HC. And any objective look at the success of his defense seriously brings into questions whether he is really a good DC as well.

I can BACK THE CLAIM UP

Team Record first two years: 9-7 (lucky playoff run), 11-5 (good team, two great playoff performances against NE (Rex's best moment) and Indy (worst TO call ever)

Team Record last four years: 8-8 (lost offense),7-9 (lost team), 8-8, 4-12

Clearly a worse record then when he started

Defense points: 2009 14.8 (1st) 2010 19.0 (6th) 2011 22.7 (20th) 2012 23.4 (20th) 2013 24.2 (19th) 2014 25.1 (24th)

His vaunted defense is worse every year in points allowed. Yet, each year he has had an influx of 1st round defensive talent that he helps choose, and the defensive makeup becomes more and more his guys.

Clearly worse on defense on points since he started

Defense, yards allowed 2009 4039 (1st) 2010 4664 (3rd) 2011 4993 (5th) 2012 5174 (8th) 2013 5359 (11th)  5235 (6th)

So again, his vaunted defense has given up more yards every season since he has been here, except for this year but only improved but 100 yards and is 1200 yards worse than his first year and 600 yards worse than his  second year when his defense was new and not figured out yet. yet the personnel each year becomes more and more the personnel he chooses

Focusing on this year, we were worst in takeaways.  We were 24th in opponent scoring percentage. Unlike what people think our offense DID not cause our defense to face more drives,  we were 19th in total drives against,

Here's a BIG one to show how bad Rex's defense is and how much people have caught on: We were 30th in 3rd down efficiency against  at 45%. We were first  in 2009 before people started figuring out the Rex defense.

Another big one: We were 26th in Red Zone efficiency against at 59.18%.

Rex with his exotic and super complicated defense is NOT A GOOD DC. Stats show it. The NFL has figured him out

Wasn't my most eloquent moment but the Rex supporters nonsense pushes my buttons because there is no objective argument to back up Rex being a good HC. And any objective look at the success of his defense seriously brings into questions whether he is really a good DC as well.

Who said he was a good HC?? What you and others get mad at is that some people like him..

Who said he was a good HC?? What you and others get mad at is that some people like him..

Liking. Liking is like when Joe Torre came back to yankee stadium when he was manager of the Dodgers. Fans cheered him because of what he did for the Yankees. Liking Rex would be like liking Dallas Green or stump merril in a similar situation. Which is pretty funny

And we beat the Steelers that were a playoff team big whoop.. Here's where the haters go wrong. They act like Rex having Sanchez or Geno is on Par with the Pats having Brady or any other team with a franchise QB. Now if you say what if the Jets had Brady or Rogers etc.. They simply say Rex would have them hand off 50 times and pass 10 times handcuffing the QB. They have to base everything on lies or things that never happened except in their head..Now Rex is not a good HC and must work to get better or he will fail just like EVERY JET HC before him except Weeb.. BTW Tebow beat Pitt in the playoffs,Sparano won the east over the Pats and Marrone beat the Pats and Packers.. So all those HC's must suck too??

Miss my point...my point was Rex beating the JETS is no big deal and of course its gonna happen.  Its not evidence of anything pro or negative REX.

Liking. Liking is like when Joe Torre came back to yankee stadium when he was manager of the Dodgers. Fans cheered him because of what he did for the Yankees. Liking Rex would be like liking Dallas Green or stump merril in a similar situation. Which is pretty funny

Not true you can like a person even if they suck at their job look at Tom.. BTW is he still working??

Miss my point...my point was Rex beating the JETS is no big deal and of course its gonna happen.  Its not evidence of anything pro or negative REX.

When we play the Bills I want to win 50-0..

Not true you like a person even if they suck at their job look at Tom.. BTW is he still working??

Who said he would never get a job? It wasn't me. I did say that justification would come if he ruins a decent team ( like Herm did with the Chiefs) and then we'd never hear from him again.

romper room thread..disgusting. this board sucks lately. rex haters can not and will not let it go. same exact posters that were all aboard the blind faith brigade idzik train, insulting any one in their path, only to back track months later. wonder what excuses they will concoct if rex does well in buffalo? i would hope he falls flat on his face if it would shut the romper roomers up, but it would have the opposite affect. this board blows lately. only a public execution of rex will please them, and even then, i am sure the conspiracy theries would start jumping from their little brains to the keyboard. wake me up when the free agency starts

romper room thread..disgusting. this board sucks lately. rex haters can not and will not let it go. same exact posters that were all aboard the blind faith brigade idzik train, insulting any one in their path, only to back track months later. wonder what excuses they will concoct if rex does well in buffalo? i would hope he falls flat on his face if it would shut the romper roomers up, but it would have the opposite affect. this board blows lately. only a public execution of rex will please them, and even then, i am sure the conspiracy theries would start jumping from their little brains to the keyboard. wake me up when the free agency starts

I thought e.e.cummings had passed away. maybe not

I'm going to look at it. But I'm looking at it because I want to, and not because you told me to.

lol :)

How come no Tuna,Groh or Hermie??

I cam up with the "that's all folks" during the Mangini years, which is when i created that one - no point in going backwards. i was posting on the espn football boards back when herm was with us, and frankly i was only doing it for fantasy football insights. getting laid was still relevant in my life back then

He's under contract through next yr.

How can Buffalo even think of installing "The Wrecks" defensive system when Buffalo had a much better "D" than us last year. 289 pts/allowed   vs.401 for Jets

They actually force Turn-Overs.

They actually have a secondary also.

Archived