BUCKEYES @ MARIOTA - Monday; Jan 12; 8:30pm ET ESPN

jetrider

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The speed is a worthless stat. Mike Vick Rama 4.2. RGIII ran a 4.3. The NFL kills these guys. And if you take the legs away from Mariota, he doesn't have the arm to compensate.

His accuracy blows but his mental make up makes me believe he'll work on it. The arm strength is most definiely there. Since when is mobility a negative. He's 6'3 with a bigger frame than Vick or RGIII. With character and leadership to boot. I think he's worth the risk.

His accuracy blows but his mental make up makes me believe he'll work on it. The arm strength is most definiely there. Since when is mobility a negative. He's 6'3 with a bigger frame than Vick or RGIII. With character and leadership to boot. I think he's worth the risk.

Agree to disagree, I guess. That arm is depressing.

Agree to disagree, I guess. That arm is depressing.

From what I just saw I think Geno has better arm strength than Mariota.  I'm not comparing their abilities to read/adapt to defenses, but I saw only a few Mariota throws tonight where I said "wow". 

Winston is obviously more NFL ready than Mariota, but honestly they are both major franchise killing prospects.  If we don't trade down and out of this trap top 10 this franchise will wallow in mediocrity for half a decade

If we are really having such a problem figuring out if either of these quarterbacks in the draft are going to be franchise type players then we should go with the sure fire in cooper. I have heard countless comments on his size but the man is 6'1 200-some pounds. I honestly don't see the problem in that. He has stick hands and can run his routes nicely. His route running could use polishing but so could any rookie wide out. Kid reminds me of Julio Jones.. comes from the same school. SIGN ME UP.

If we are really having such a problem figuring out if either of these quarterbacks in the draft are going to be franchise type players then we should go with the sure fire in cooper. I have heard countless comments on his size but the man is 6'1 200-some pounds. I honestly don't see the problem in that. He has stick hands and can run his routes nicely. His route running could use polishing but so could any rookie wide out. Kid reminds me of Julio Jones.. comes from the same school. SIGN ME UP.

Yes I agree but I'm worried he won't be there at 6

After this season it's very nice to celebrate a National Championship with the Ohio State Buckeyes!

Urban Legend, Coaching did make a difference 

Lets hope the Jets choose a winner!

not that it matters, but i think TCU would have beaten u

congrats tho

not that it matters, but i think TCU would have beaten u

congrats tho

Thanks for the congrats and OSU vs TCU would have been a great game, maybe next year?  

I also agree that TCU deserved a shot (great team) but hard to overcome loss to Baylor and "co-champion" line from Big12 - maybe 6 or 8 teams will help but there will always be someone left out...  

Still better then BCS that would have had Bama vs Florida State

Glad the Buckeye got a chance, they proved they belong and exorcised a few demons... 

Winston is obviously more NFL ready than Mariota, but honestly they are both major franchise killing prospects.  If we don't trade down and out of this trap top 10 this franchise will wallow in mediocrity for half a decade

mariota played well. he doesn't play defense you know

If the Jets do indeed hire Quinn (and hire Shanahan as his OC), Mariotta may actually be a decent fit for the Jets at 6. Shanahan was RGIII's coach his rookie season and made adjustments to the offense that allowed RGIII to have a very good rookie season. Obviously the wheels eventually came apart in Washington, but I'm not sure if that was a result of the coaching or the player. 

After this season it's very nice to celebrate a National Championship with the Ohio State Buckeyes!

Urban Legend, Coaching did make a difference 

Lets hope the Jets choose a winner!

Congrats

As A Bama fan I wanted FSU in 1st rd, felt they were weakest team...the natty was the Sugar Bowl

Archived