Don't know Marrone from Adam, but I am pissed off that Mehta's evil plan was successful.

Bruce Harper

From what I am hearing, Marrone probably was not the right guy, but it angers me that douchebag Mehta appears to have ruined the career of a young coach by way of his agenda-driven hatchet job.  Now it looks like Marrone won't have an NFL job and it is likely directly attributable to that moron's campaign against him which, by some accounts, scared off Woody.

From what I am hearing, Marrone probably was not the right guy, but it angers me that douchebag Mehta appears to have ruined the career of a young coach by way of his agenda-driven hatchet job.  Now it looks like Marrone won't have an NFL job and it likely directly attributable to that moron's campaign against him which, by some accounts, scared off Woody.

lol. The idea that Mehta ruined a coaches career is laughable. 

From what I am hearing, Marrone probably was not the right guy, but it angers me that douchebag Mehta appears to have ruined the career of a young coach by way of his agenda-driven hatchet job.  Now it looks like Marrone won't have an NFL job and it is likely directly attributable to that moron's campaign against him which, by some accounts, scared off Woody.

I have to agree with you Man. I was really interested in Marrone either but when a hack "reporter" and run your name through the mud like that and get away with it, that bothers me.  In the "old" days you would wonder if some money had exchanged hands to try and ruin the guy. 

From what I am hearing, Marrone probably was not the right guy, but it angers me that douchebag Mehta appears to have ruined the career of a young coach by way of his agenda-driven hatchet job.  Now it looks like Marrone won't have an NFL job and it likely directly attributable to that moron's campaign against him which, by some accounts, scared off Woody.

From an interview I heard with Mike Westoff on 98.7, it was Marrone's interview that soured Woody on him. I'm not sure if it was philosophical or anything but that is what Westoff said caused him not to be hired.

lol. The idea that Mehta ruined a coaches career is laughable. 

Maybe "ruined his career" is a bit strong but it is not unreasonable to suggest that he went from the hot candidate to unemployed as a result of a focused campaign against him.  Not really that big a stretch.  And if he failed this year when the market was perceived as hot for him, there is very little chance that he will be back as a HC in the NFL.

Marrone miscalculated. He went from instant hot commodity to completely off the radar for reasons that go beyond a universally disrespected NY Jets beat reporter. He should've stayed put if he didn't have an under the table offer on the table.

He had a job for the next two years at 5 mill per, he left. Screw him, he took a chance that he would be an in-demand guy and he guessed wrong.

You're giving Mehta too much credit. It's been widely reported that Marrone choked the interview with the Jets.

Also reported today in the Post, I think, that Woody cooled on him as a direct result of a media campaign against him.

You can think whatever you want to think. There is no evidence to back that up. Its been reported by people who are both fair to the Jets and unfair that Marrone choked the interview. 

There are 32 of these jobs, I didn't know that Mehta had a hand in Marrone opting out. He should be ashamed making Marrone quit his job yet still get paid the 4 million. 

Marrone is a so overrated, he's a gutless coward who is so conservative it sickens me. He was a control freak ( actually had to approve any pics/articles put up on buffalobills.com) and the players didn't like him. He preached loyalty and longevity and all this crap and bolted from two places after 2 years at both.

He will get his 4 mil (less after taxes!) and take a consultant job with the Texans or something and good riddance to him. 

From what I am hearing, Marrone probably was not the right guy, but it angers me that douchebag Mehta appears to have ruined the career of a young coach by way of his agenda-driven hatchet job. Now it looks like Marrone won't have an NFL job and it is likely directly attributable to that moron's campaign against him which, by some accounts, scared off Woody.

So go hunt down the little bastard and kick his ass

Mehta found buffalo. We all know now that when a story was leaked in the past it was Rex feeding Mehta. Think back over the years and it all makes sense. I'll miss Rex's brash attitude but I like wins better than bullsh*t so I'm all in with Todd

It's more likely attributed to the hit 'n run stunt he pulled on Buffalo which quite possibly blackballed him by other owners.

Marrone is a so overrated, he's a gutless coward who is so conservative it sickens me. He was a control freak ( actually had to approve any pics/articles put up on buffalobills.com) and the players didn't like him. He preached loyalty and longevity and all this crap and bolted from two places after 2 years at both.

He will get his 4 mil (less after taxes!) and take a consultant job with the Texans or something and good riddance to him.

Hey good to see you here.

Bowles, Quinn, and Fox were all MUCH better candidates than Marrone.  Marrone was a .500 coach in Syracuse and only has two years in the NFL and hasn't done tons to impress me besides the times he blew us out.  This is the same Bills team that lost to the Raiders when going for a playoff spot.  Plenty of better options than Marrone.

I'll never buy the garbage that "the media had an impact on Woody not picking Marrone".  That

to me is the media trying to "gas themselves up" and thinking that they have influence.  I think

Marrone and his agent (Sexton) figured it was a layup to get the Jet job and didn't properly

prepare.  So when Marrone interviewed with Woody and saw he wasn't a "boob" it was too late

and he blew his opportunity.  Woody has hit a grand slam over the past month and him being

prepared and informed about his team exposed Marrone.  That's why he didn't get the job

Lol..you guys give Mehta way too much credit. Manish Mehta is not a football genius, he is not an ex-player, ex-gm, nor recognized as a football expert. He is a journalist who most people point to as a hack. Its laughable to think that Manish Mehta is the reason that Marrone was not given the Jets Job. You have to hand it to Woody that he listened to his genuine football men, Casserly and Wolf and hired guys who have good football backgrounds and are not rah rah types and not bean counters. We need leaders of men, not an accountant and a comedian....Marrone looks like he has an axe to grind and honestly, when I thought of Marrone, it made me think of Kotite. I think the right moves were made and we will see that first hand in 2015. 

LL

Also reported today in the Post, I think, that Woody cooled on him as a direct result of a media campaign against him.

Lol. That Daily News is a rag, but The Post? That's Journalism Central right there!

Get a grip, man. -  Raoul Duke

Archived