CJ Spiller

drsamuel84

Teaming him up with a bruiser like Chris Ivory would be great.  I don't like the idea of bringing in a free agent running back but he's only 27 and hasn't taken too much  of a beating with Fred Jackson and had a 1,200 yard year when Gailey was the head coach.  I think he'll be a much better value than Demarco Murray who someone will overpay for but at the right price he would compliment Ivory well.  

I'm not sure what he's going to do. He gets hurt a ton, and has only had that one good year. The potential is there, we've all seen it. He keeps tweeting like he's all on board with the Bills and Rex, but we know money will change that. I think the Bills let him walk, having Bryce Brown, unless they give up on him. Tough to see what he really has as our offensive line was horrific this season. 

I'm not sure what he's going to do. He gets hurt a ton, and has only had that one good year. The potential is there, we've all seen it. He keeps tweeting like he's all on board with the Bills and Rex, but we know money will change that. I think the Bills let him walk, having Bryce Brown, unless they give up on him. Tough to see what he really has as our offensive line was horrific this season.

our O line was pretty good in the run game. I think we were 3rd in the league in rushing YPG with a 4.5 average per carry. I agree he gets injured a lot, though.

Personally, I would pass.  He has underachieved his entire career outside of one year, and he's too fragile.

Running back is a position where low mileage is key.  Draft a running back, run him into the ground, and dump him after his rookie contract before the inevitable decline begins.

Spiller, he's more proven even though he pretty much sucked last year. But he's not available anyway, he's under contract next year and he's not making much. I don't see them cutting or trading him.

He is an unrestricted free agent this offseason.

He is an unrestricted free agent this offseason.

Really? I just checked, it says he's under contract for 2015 for a little over 2 million. Maybe it's an option or something. If he's available maybe Chan will give him a call. Wouldn't mind adding him to complement Ivory. Could be a sick combo.

Really? I just checked, it says he's under contract for 2015 for a little over 2 million. Maybe it's an option or something. If he's available maybe Chan will give him a call. Wouldn't mind adding him to complement Ivory. Could be a sick combo.

He was drafted in 2010 and has never signed an extension. Been five years. His rookie deal is up.

Edit - Actually, 2010 was the last year before the wage scale. I'm still 99% sure he's a free agent.

C.J. Spiller signed a 5 year / $25,672,087 contract with the Buffalo Bills, including a $2,000,000 signing bonus, $11,854,169 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $5,134,417.

So he still has one more year...I think. Maybe like I said it's some sort of option thing the Bills did or didn't pick up (yet). No clue.

That's five. He's a free agent.

Spiller offers a skillset that Powell simply can't. I'd love to bring Powell back but as a # 3 guy. Gailey loves getting guys out in space, so essentially Spiller will be able to do the things we were hoping Chris Johnson would do last year, and then some.

100% agree.

Archived