Jets Front Office Moves, Hiring Former Jags GM?

Morrissey

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guy failed as a GM, but he ain't the GM here. Looks like he worked as a scout with the franchise since their inception and they were actually pretty damn successful for an expansion team up until the bottom fell out.

I'm sure a lot of people will trash this hiring because he failed spectacularly as a GM, but I have no problem with some fresh blood.

Guy failed as a GM, but he ain't the GM here. Looks like he worked as a scout with the franchise since their inception and they were actually pretty damn successful for an expansion team up until the bottom fell out.

I'm sure a lot of people will trash this hiring because he failed spectacularly as a GM, but I have no problem with some fresh blood.

He's the reason the bottom fell out. Terrible contracts and worse drafting.

I know it isn't good.

My first thought was that time he picked that Samoan DT with a 3rd round grade tenth overall.

Oh yeah. Still doenst trump a 5 win team taking a punter in the 3rd.

Trading up for Blackmon was a good decision too.

Pretty much a flawless résumé.

So he was responsible for that raid of UCLA when they got Mercedes Lewis and Jones Drew?

You're kidding? He might be worse than Matt Millen. This guy drafted a punter in the 3rd round.

Holy sh*t this better not be true. He's Idzik level bad.

Do you know what his role will be? His responsibilities?

Perhaps he replaces Graves as Asst GM.

So he was responsible for that raid of UCLA when they got Mercedes Lewis and Jones Drew?

I have no idea what he was responsible for. I just know he was a scout for them for many years and surely hit some home runs, even if he struck out like a 12 year old girl facing Aroldis Chapman when he was the GM.

Archived