Press Conferences?

GangisGreen

Doesn't bother me and they haven't scheduled anything yet. Which is fine, for once they're not worried primarily about the media. Let them do whatever they have to do for now, we'll hear from Bowles & co. at some point. Let the Buffoon, the Bills get all the spotlight in the offseason. Setting up press conferences 20 minutes after making an announcement, sending out pizza's and party, create a big hoopla for the media, talk a big game about how you're gonna dominate and bully teams around next year and be the #1 ranked defense and whatnot. You can have all that sh*t, it's like a curse. Enjoy.

Doesn't bother me and they haven't scheduled anything yet. Which is fine, for once they're not worried primarily about the media. Let them do whatever they have to do for now, we'll hear from Bowles & co. at some point. Let the Buffoon, the Bills get all the spotlight in the offseason. Setting up press conferences 20 minutes after making an announcement, sending out pizza's and party, create a big hoopla for the media, talk a big game about how you're gonna dominate and bully teams around next year and be the #1 ranked defense and whatnot. You can have all that sh*t, it's like a curse. Enjoy.

Exactly.

Doesn't bother me and they haven't scheduled anything yet. Which is fine, for once they're not worried primarily about the media. Let them do whatever they have to do for now, we'll hear from Bowles & co. at some point. Let the Buffoon, the Bills get all the spotlight in the offseason. Setting up press conferences 20 minutes after making an announcement, sending out pizza's and party, create a big hoopla for the media, talk a big game about how you're gonna dominate and bully teams around next year and be the #1 ranked defense and whatnot. You can have all that sh*t, it's like a curse. Enj

QFT!

They had it already. Empty room, press not invited, but Jets gave out quotes from the Presser to beat writers.

What are the odds this would have ever happened under Rex? Just tells you how much things have changed. For the good. Compare that to the Bills carnival...

carnival_ride_001_by_paper_bag_kingdom-d

They've held some sort of press conference but obviously no video/audio so far.

Hear are the official statements on the hiring of Todd Bowles. First from owner Woody Johnson: “I am proud to welcome Todd Bowles as the head coach of the New York Jets,” Johnson said. “From entering the league as an undrafted free agent in Washington to becoming a very successful coordinator in Arizona, Todd has earned everything he has achieved. He is a hard-working and dedicated leader who has garnered the respect of players and coaches. I am confident that Todd and Mike Maccagnan are the right combination to lead this team.”

Next a statement on Bowles from general manager Mike Maccagnan: "Todd is a natural leader and excellent communicator with a great work ethic, who has demonstrated a consistent ability to win by utilizing all of his players. Todd’s eight years in the NFL after not being drafted speaks to his determination, adaptability and resilience and he has first-hand knowledge of how all players can contribute. When we first met, it was immediately clear how sincere and very real he is. While he appreciates the need for discipline, players love playing for him and I believe he has outstanding qualities to help make the Jets a competitive, winning team."

Next we hear from the consultants, starting with Charley Casserly: "Todd Bowles is an excellent football coach. He’s proven that ability, both as a defensive coordinator and as an interim head coach. He does a good job of relating to players and they want to play for him. I have a lot of confidence in his ability to be a head coach in the National Football League."

And then we have Ron Wolf: "I was very impressed with Todd Bowles during his interview. The experience of serving as an interim head coach and running the defensive side of the ball showed through. His preparation in assessing both the Jets and the entire AFC East showed a great attention to detail. His presentation from constructing a staff, to planning, to player philosophy, to his thoughts on making a team better were all tremendous."

Now we hear from the man himself, Todd Bowles: “It’s an honor and privilege to coach the Jets,” said Bowles. “I want to thank Mr. Johnson and Mike Maccagnan for this opportunity. I can’t help but be humbled by the chance to coach this team. I am going to do everything I can to build a consistent winner.”

On point!!

I believe the press conference will be Friday.  I think they are delaying it because the team's

radio outlet (98.7) is wrapped up broadcasting the Knick game from London in the middle

of the afternoon (3 pm).  That would prevent the team from getting maximum exposure for

Bowles, Maccagnan and Woody.  In addition the Senior Bowl starts next week and the whole

front office needs to be there

They may not have Pressers (would be a very welcome change of pace for us tbh).

Sheesh, a lot of people on this thread are sourpusses. :) Them taking an hour to have a press conference isn't going to kill anyone, and we're all curious to hear from them...

Wasn't the Rex announcement on Sunday, and the press conference was Wednesday?  So a few days later might be the norm.

Sheesh, a lot of people on this thread are sourpusses. :) Them taking an hour to have a press conference isn't going to kill anyone, and we're all curious to hear from them...

Wasn't the Rex announcement on Sunday, and the press conference was Wednesday?  So a few days later might be the norm.

There is nothing provided in a press conference that we Fans "need".

So why have one? We know who we hired. What they say is irrelevant, what they do is what will count.

It'll be nice to win football games for a change, instead of trying to win the NY Papers backpages.

I admit I would love to hear from them - but in reality what are they going to say?  You're not going to get anything you want to hear - it'll be a lot of canned answers.

We're not dealing with Rex's bluster anymore - and I couldn't be happier for it.

Nope. They announced the hiring of Rex and immediately set up the press conference a couple days later while sending out "WELCOME REX" Pizza's to create some headlines. We haven't even scheduled a press conference yet.

There is nothing provided in a press conference that we Fans "need".

Well, the games don't "need" to be televised either, but this is entertainment!

To Fidelio - yeah, we won't really learn anything major, but you might get a sense of their style.

Also, press conferences *are* a part of the job.  Some have speculated that Mac is soft-spoken, and will have trouble with them.  So I'd like to hear how he handles himself.

Well, the games don't "need" to be televised either, but this is entertainment!

To Fidelio - yeah, we won't really learn anything major, but you might get a sense of their style.

Also, press conferences *are* a part of the job.  Some have speculated that Mac is soft-spoken, and will have trouble with them.  So I'd like to hear how he handles himself.

agree, Presser will and must happen

Nope. They announced the hiring of Rex and immediately set up the press conference a couple days later while sending out "WELCOME REX" Pizza's to create some headlines. We haven't even scheduled a press conference yet.

The situations are entirely different. In Buffalo, their coach walked out on them after their first winning season in a decade. They needed to create some instant buzz, and Rex -for all his faults- brings the buzz.

The fan base here is tired of Rex's bluster and the fire John Idzik guys. There's plenty of info out there about these hires, and I think Jet fans are just happy that it appears that competent people have been hired, and are happy to let them get in with their jobs. When the press conference happens, a low key affair would be in order.

Archived