With the 6th pick...

DaBallhawk

2015 Draft  

107 members have voted

1. 1. With the 6th pick the Jets select...

• QB Jameis Winston
    • QB Marcus Mariota
    • OLB Randy Gregory
    • OLB Vic Beasley
    • OLB Shane Ray
    • WR Amari Cooper
    • Player Not Listed
    • Trade Down & Pick Up Multiple Day 1 Picks

Mel Kiper is mocking DE/OLB Shane Ray to the Jets at #6. Sheldon's former teammate.

Analysis: The Jets could go in another direction in terms of defensive system now that former coach Rex Ryan isn't running point on that side of the ball, but they need to add a pure pass-rusher to go with the significant talent they have elsewhere along the defensive line regardless of system. Ray was arguably the most productive pass-rusher in college football this season and is no one-trick pony -- he really shows off an arsenal, a blend of technique, explosiveness and just relentlessness. The Jets have other needs, but if a quarterback isn't available here, I like Ray as a fit. Repeat after me: You can neverhave too many pass-rushers.

QB?

WR?

Pass Rusher?

I'd go with one of the two QB's first. Then OLB Ray/Gregory/Beasley, and then WR Cooper. Who you got?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there a stud MLB/ILB available? Like a Vilma type? I'd trade down to around spot 15 or something and then pick up an ILB/MLB a la Daryl Washington or Kuechly. You have to have a stud ILB in the 3-4 who can run around and make plays. Or get that pass rusher at around 15, there's a handful of them that will be 1st round picks.

Is there a stud MLB/ILB available? Like a Vilma type? I'd trade down to around spot 15 or something and then pick up an ILB/MLB a la Daryl Washington or Kuechly. You have to have a stud ILB in the 3-4 who can run around and make plays. Or get that pass rusher at around 15, there's a handful of them that will be 1st round picks.

One guy that fits that description is kendricks from UCLA. Don't know where he projects slot wise, but a real good player.

If the QB is there, you take one of them.

Otherwise, its January.  The season is still going on.  So much will change between and the draft its very difficult to know who will be available at this point. 

I know one thing, they have the 6th pick so they should be walking away with a day 1 impact player. 

If the QB is there, you take one of them.

Otherwise, its January. The season is still going on. So much will change between and the draft its very difficult to know who will be available at this point.

I know one thing, they have the 6th pick so they should be walking away with a day 1 impact player.

Trade down get Devante Parker and Perryman in the 1st then oline then Bryce Petty

One game does not change two years of film on a single player: if mariota drops it's because he's not worth the top pick, not because scouts changed their entire opinion of him due to one game. That's ridiculous.

Mid-round developmental QBs is a pipe dream for anything more than a future backup. Their success rate is abysmal.

Outside of Winston and Mariota, it's hard to say without the combine and senior bowl.

One guy that fits that description is kendricks from UCLA. Don't know where he projects slot wise, but a real good player.

Just checked him out, he'll probably go in round 2 from the rankings that are out there so far. Looks a bit like Jon Beason or that Borland guy the 49ers drafted. Undersized, "slow", with excellent instincts & a tackling machine. Maybe we can pick him up in round 2.

Top Five according to Kiper:

Winston

Mariota

Leonard Williams

Cooper

Gregory

Just to put the #6 pick in perspective.

I don't know, doesn't look crazy to me. All of those guys are in the top 10 in most mock drafts I'd assume. At least from the ones I've seen so far. Kiper is not the greatest talent evaluator but you can't give him crap for that list. Waiting for Mayock to drop his first mock...

From what I have seen of this draft, that preverbial "mid round developmental QB" is a wasted pick unless you want to draft someone who can't meet the minimum physical requirements of the position. There is no Savage or Mettenberger in this draft.

Any chance Hundley drops ?

Why are the top two QB's even on this poll?

It's a foregone conclusion from almost every legit observer of the NFL, that they will be gone before Pick #3.

I appreciate folks want to fantasize, but neither QB is falling to #6, and both will likely be gone #1 and #2.

Sadly, so will the #1 WR on the board as well.

so, go Lineman maybe, build a killer O-line?

Offensive tackle

Pass rusher

Wide receiver

I want a journeyman QB and a mid-round developmental QB.

This. Seems the Ape and I are very much of like minds of late.

Scary.

It is going to be a very tough choice at 6 for us.  No matter who they take half this forum will be up in arms.

A pass rusher at 6 ........... (begins sweating)  It is and has been a huge need of this team for ages, if Ray is the real deal I would not be opposed to that pick.  A true olb pass rusher could turn this front 7 from being good to being great.

If one or both QB's are there at 6 it will get very interesting because they are very polarizing.

It's a foregone conclusion from almost every legit observer of the NFL, that they will be gone before Pick #3.

I appreciate folks want to fantasize, but neither QB is falling to #6, and both will likely be gone #1 and #2.

Scary.

Ehh, lots of things to shake out before the draft. It's no lock that cooper is the #1 WR, guys like White or Parker could arguably pass him with a good showing.

Scary.

Things happen, guys drop. Obviously not all of the guys listed will be available but to say that neither QB will be there at 6 for sure that's a bit of a reach. We're not talking about Andrew Luck type prospects here, they both have some questionmarks and especially Winston could maybe go at #1 or drop out of the top 10 because of his off field issues and the dumb decision he keeps making.

Scary.

I think Aaron Rogers is a good example of not following conventional wisdom when it come to the draft.

Archived