Spiller: Me and Jets would "be a perfect match"

Gastineau Lives

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5566/cj-spiller

Impending free agent C.J. Spiller said he and the Jets "would be a perfect match."

"I’d be foolish not to have those guys on my list," said Spiller. "I had my best years in the league with [new Jets OC Chan Gailey]. So it’d be dumb not to give it serious thought." We agree with Spiller's assessment. The Jets should have an easy call to release Chris Johnson, and if they want to re-invest that money into another speed complement to Chris Ivory, then Spiller would be the perfect fit. Under Gailey in 2012, Spiller totaled 1,703 yards and eight touchdowns on 250 touches.

Make it happen, Tanny.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Impending free agent C.J. Spiller said he and the Jets "would be a perfect match."

"I’d be foolish not to have those guys on my list," said Spiller. "I had my best years in the league with [new Jets OC Chan Gailey]. So it’d be dumb not to give it serious thought." We agree with Spiller's assessment. The Jets should have an easy call to release Chris Johnson, and if they want to re-invest that money into another speed complement to Chris Ivory, then Spiller would be the perfect fit. Under Gailey in 2012, Spiller totaled 1,703 yards and eight touchdowns on 250 touches.

Make it happen, Tanny.

Spiller is the only player that I was ever jealous of the Bill having. Stevie Johnson was good but I loved Spiller coming out of college.

Make it happen, Tanny.

Who is Tanny? Tannenbaum?

Make it happen, Tanny.

LMAO

he'll be 28 by the time the season starts - he might have another good year in him - maybe 2...

But once a guy like that hits 30 he's done....2 year deal max.

They would likely sign him to nothing more than that given his injury history, but you have to remember that he doesn't have the mileage on him that a typical back at 28 has.

HAHAHAHAHAHA :rl:

I'm dying to find out where Maccagnan fits on the Tannenbaum-Idzik spectrum. Or where Bowles fits on the Mangini-Rex spectrum. It seems like we have been going to extremes in our hires. It's like we're a bunch of chicks in our early thirties looking for a husband. JUST SOMEONE NORMAL PLEASE.

Considering his age and recent production he could be signed for pennies on the dollar. 

His age actually worries me in that he knows this is probably his last contract...He's going to try and eek out every penny he can.  There's likely a team that thinks they're a piece away from winning and will throw a lot of money at him.

While we have a lot of cap space - that will be spent quickly with the number of holes we have to fill.  RB is pretty far down the list of things we need.

I'm dying to find out where Maccagnan fits on the Tannenbaum-Idzik spectrum. Or where Bowles fits on the Mangini-Rex spectrum. It seems like we have been going to extremes in our hires. It's like we're a bunch of chicks in our early thirties looking for a husband. JUST SOMEONE NORMAL PLEASE.

I think Maccagnan is going to seem like a free spender this offseason simply because we have so many holes to fill and he's got a ton of money at his disposal. I just hope we get value rather than just headline grabbing names. 

Tanny always seemed motivated by getting press to impress Woody. Idzick's signing of Chris Johnson reeked of his lack of personnel acumen. He could have gotten a cheaper and more valuable asset in Justin Forsett yet he signs the name he's heard of. 

His age actually worries me in that he knows this is probably his last contract...He's going to try and eek out every penny he can.  There's likely a team that thinks they're a piece away from winning and will throw a lot of money at him.

While we have a lot of cap space - that will be spent quickly with the number of holes we have to fill.  RB is pretty far down the list of things we need.

Nobody is paying more than $5mil a year for a non-starting RB.  Name the team you think that is "one CJ Spiller away"?  If we cut (I think we actually have a team option) CJ2YPC and sign Spiller we will SAVE money.  This is a no brainer.

17 ******* threads about a sh*tty 1-dimensional player, all because he played well once with Gailey.

All we've learned about Gailey this week is that he can squeeze good play out of sh*tty players, which is what he did with Spiller. How about we give him some good players and see if we can maybe raise the bar a little?

right. our hires have been extremes with the guy who wears a wifebeater shirt in public w/gold chains and a old fart in a track suit. It's hopefully time for 'normal' ;)

Spiller fell off of a cliff. He's not very good anymore....

Lets just pretend that you're correct (which, imo, you're not) and say that Chris Johnson =CJ Spiller.....why don't we at least cut Johnson (thereby saving some money) and get the "equally valuable" runningback in CJ Spiller who has less miles on him and doesn't bitch about not getting carries.  To summarize:

LOSING:

-RB who Bitches about carries

GAINING:

-Cap Space

-"Equally" Talented RB with less mileage

What the hell is the problem?

Archived