Villain's Post Head Coach & OC Mock Draft. Jan 16th.

Villain The Foe

I'd trade down our 1st round pick to either a team like Philly or the Ravens and pick up their 1st and 2nd rounder. I would trade the 1st round pick to TEN  for their 2nd round pick 3rd round pick.

2nd rd. OT Ty Sambrailo Colorado St. 

2nd rd. ILB Denzel Perryman Miami

2nd rd. WR Devin Smith Ohio State

3rd rd. RB Ameer Abdullah Nebraska

3rd rd. OLB Hau'Oli Kikaha Washington

4th rd. QB Shane Carden East Carolina

5th rd. CB Steve Nelson Oregon

6th rd. OLB Dadi Nicolas Virginia Tech (Trade our 7th rounder this year and our 5th next year to move up to the 6th round). 

EDIT: MOCK UPDATED GIVEN RONNIE STANLEYS RETURN TO NOTRE DAME. 

Ronnie Stanley is going back to Notre Dame.

The WR corps would be pretty weak without Harvin (assuming he's gone with the 4th rounder). Smith is more of a home run guy which would be great with more consistent threats but I'm not sure he'd be an excellent fit for the team minus Harvin.

Ronnie Stanley is going back to Notre Dame.

The WR corps would be pretty weak without Harvin (assuming he's gone with the 4th rounder). Smith is more of a home run guy which would be great with more consistent threats but I'm not sure he'd be an excellent fit for the team minus Harvin.

Thanks for the input. I didnt know that Stanley wasnt declaring. I think he's the most consistent LT in the draft that simply isn't getting the love for some reason. I just love Smith and his hands. I dont know why Ohio didnt use him in space with quick throws but he seems to be able to run nice routes. I like that he can get behind the defenders as well. 

What do you think of Ameer Abdullah? There was another poster here who mentioned him in their Mock and after reviewing him I was highly impressed. With Chan Gailey as the OC I think that drafting a guy like this is a requirement, not to mention that his quickness ability to bounce off tacklers and his cuts have made him a damn good return guy as well. 

That's too bad about Stanley going back to School. He was fast becoming my top offensive LT prospect. I would have traded up from the 2nd round for this kid after taking Shane Ray with the 1st pick. Provided we're staying with a 34 scheme.

That's too bad about Stanley going back to School. He was fast becoming my top offensive LT prospect. I would have traded up from the 2nd round for this kid after taking Shane Ray with the 1st pick. Provided we're staying with a 34 scheme.

Yeah, that one caught me off guard well. Everything that I seen from that kid is solid. There were a couple other Tackles getting more attention, but he was my personal favorite in regards to pass protection of the class. It was like on every snap he stayed in between the defender and the quarterback. Its cool that he's going back to school but he didnt have to. 

The two guys I really wanted from this draft was Stanley and Devin Smith, and I have to throw in Ameer Abdullah after another poster brought him to my attention.  Atleast Smith is for sure entering the draft. 

Seems like Steven Nelson is looking rather impressive. 

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=CFB&id=133300&line=38845&spln=1

CBS Sports' Dane Brugler notes that Oregon State senior CB Steven Nelson "has been impressive" at Senior Bowl practices.

"As expected, CB Steven Nelson has been impressive. Patient but competitive. If I can steal him in the 3rd, Id consider my draft a success," Brugler tweeted. The Oregon State prospect had a solid senior season with two interceptions and 60 tackles and was named to the All-Pac-12 second team. Brugler wrote earlier, that the 5-foot-10, 199-pound Nelson, may be "the most competitive cornerback on the Senior Bowl roster." Jan. 20 - 2:42 pm et

Seems like Steven Nelson is looking rather impressive. 

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=CFB&id=133300&line=38845&spln=1

CBS Sports' Dane Brugler notes that Oregon State senior CB Steven Nelson "has been impressive" at Senior Bowl practices.

"As expected, CB Steven Nelson has been impressive. Patient but competitive. If I can steal him in the 3rd, Id consider my draft a success," Brugler tweeted. The Oregon State prospect had a solid senior season with two interceptions and 60 tackles and was named to the All-Pac-12 second team. Brugler wrote earlier, that the 5-foot-10, 199-pound Nelson, may be "the most competitive cornerback on the Senior Bowl roster." Jan. 20 - 2:42 pm et

Looks like several of your guys performed well at the Senior Bowl.  Nelson, Smith, Abdullah definitely stood out... 

Looks like several of your guys performed well at the Senior Bowl.  Nelson, Smith, Abdullah definitely stood out... 

They didnt do bad at all. This Division 3 OT, Ali Marpet was playing Guard yesterday. I heard talks about him given that he played division 3 but I knew nothing on him. This kid is a wall. He handled the pressure one-on-one and maintained his block all game. He also had a key block on a double team to get the RB in for a touch down in the redzone. I can't wait for the Combine. The Oline and RB positions look great this year. 

I also liked what Varga from Yale did. Nothing extraordinary, but he's a solid, versatile player which you can never have too many of. He ran the ball for 2 TD's, averaged like 8 yards per carry, blocked at fullback for Cobb, caught the ball out of the backfield and lined up at the TE position. Very impressed with what he did last night. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'd trade down our 1st round pick to either a team like Philly or the Ravens and pick up their 1st and 2nd rounder. I would trade the 1st round pick to TEN for their 2nd round pick 3rd round pick.

2nd rd. OT Ty Sambrailo Colorado St.

2nd rd. ILB Denzel Perryman Miami

2nd rd. WR Devin Smith Ohio State

3rd rd. RB Ameer Abdullah Nebraska

3rd rd. OLB Hau'Oli Kikaha Washington

4th rd. QB Shane Carden East Carolina

5th rd. CB Steve Nelson Oregon

6th rd. OLB Dadi Nicolas Virginia Tech (Trade our 7th rounder this year and our 5th next year to move up to the 6th round).

EDIT: MOCK UPDATED GIVEN RONNIE STANLEYS RETURN TO NOTRE DAME.

Jets need a top talent starter, and you have a very good shot at one at 6 you don't pass that up unless it's for an established veteran QB with talent to win a Super Bowl, something like the 6th pick, and next year's 1st for Big Ben, probably cost more than that TBH, but the Jets better have a starting impact player from that 6 pick, we drafted 12 guys last year, we don't need 10 more, 6 is fine as long as 1 is an instant starter and 2 others play.

Jets need a top talent starter, and you have a very good shot at one at 6 you don't pass that up unless it's for an established veteran QB with talent to win a Super Bowl, something like the 6th pick, and next year's 1st for Big Ben, probably cost more than that TBH, but the Jets better have a starting impact player from that 6 pick, we drafted 12 guys last year, we don't need 10 more, 6 is fine as long as 1 is an instant starter and 2 others play.

My mock has completely changed so there's really no need to defend this one. 

Archived