CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL JETS FANS!

GREENLANTERN

I just wanted to take a moment and congratulate all Jets fans on this major accomplishment. IMO this needed to be done a long time ago. There hasnt been much I have been proud of, or reason to celebrate, and have had my faith tested alot in the last fifteen years(meeting the face of the franchise and realizing I dont like him at all, PSL's, and the circus atmosphere that has been around the last few years).

But over the past few days I really have a renewed faith. This house cleaning, well its almost unbelievable its finally happening. I am so happy for all Jets fans, you all deserve to be hopeful and prideful again, to not be ambarrassed, to have enjoyment, you have earned it. You have paid your dues. I hope the team will win a superbowl in the next 5 years, not for me, but for my kids to have a renewed faith in this team and for all of you who so deserve it.

Been a fan since 1982. My wife took me to my first Jets game when I was 25, never forget the feeling I had pulling up to the stadium and seeing a sea of Green Jets jersey's. I said to my wife, "These are my people"! LOL. Anyway just wanted to say congratulations and keep the faith, there is alot to be hopeful about. Its a new day.

Green Lantern   

I just wanted to take a moment and congratulate all Jets fans on this major accomplishment. IMO this needed to be done a long time ago. There hasnt been much I have been proud of, or reason to celebrate, and have had my faith tested alot in the last fifteen years(meeting the face of the franchise and realizing I dont like him at all, PSL's, and the circus atmosphere that has been around the last few years).

But over the past few days I really have a renewed faith. This house cleaning, well its almost unbelievable its finally happening. I am so happy for all Jets fans, you all deserve to be hopeful and prideful again, to not be ambarrassed, to have enjoyment, you have earned it. You have paid your dues. I hope the team will win a superbowl in the next 5 years, not for me, but for my kids to have a renewed faith in this team and for all of you who so deserve it.

Been a fan since 1982. My wife took me to my first Jets game when I was 25, never forget the feeling I had pulling up to the stadium and seeing a sea of Green Jets jersey's. I said to my wife, "These are my people"! LOL. Anyway just wanted to say congratulations and keep the faith, there is alot to be hopeful about. Its a new day.

Green Lantern

solid post..

with the green lantern mantra as your signature no less..

LOLz nice!!

I just wanted to take a moment and congratulate all Jets fans on this major accomplishment. IMO this needed to be done a long time ago. There hasnt been much I have been proud of, or reason to celebrate, and have had my faith tested alot in the last fifteen years(meeting the face of the franchise and realizing I dont like him at all, PSL's, and the circus atmosphere that has been around the last few years).

But over the past few days I really have a renewed faith. This house cleaning, well its almost unbelievable its finally happening. I am so happy for all Jets fans, you all deserve to be hopeful and prideful again, to not be ambarrassed, to have enjoyment, you have earned it. You have paid your dues. I hope the team will win a superbowl in the next 5 years, not for me, but for my kids to have a renewed faith in this team and for all of you who so deserve it.

Been a fan since 1982. My wife took me to my first Jets game when I was 25, never forget the feeling I had pulling up to the stadium and seeing a sea of Green Jets jersey's. I said to my wife, "These are my people"! LOL. Anyway just wanted to say congratulations and keep the faith, there is alot to be hopeful about. Its a new day.

Green Lantern

We have a ways to go but we are on the road to recovery post Ryan Era and we have something to be proud of.

Green Lantern   

Good post.

I feel like I just came out of rehab.

Terry Bradway was axed in a move by new GM Mike Maccagnan. Solid move. Bradway was much despised by Jets fans and rightfully so. In doing my homework on him Bradway has made some really dumb moves and it is shocking that he has been a constant in the front office even while other GM's come and go. He was GM when he drafted bust DT Dwayne Robertson and CB Justin Miller. He traded up to get Robertson and had a hand in the poor drafts of the recent past. New blood was much needed and I am glad to see decisiveness in the GM seat now. I had wondered why all the hate for Bradway in the past, but like I said, once I went back and traced his moves I saw what others already saw. Cluelessness.

You met Max?!!

Terry Bradway was axed in a move by new GM Mike Maccagnan. Solid move. Bradway was much despised by Jets fans and rightfully so. In doing my homework on him Bradway has made some really dumb moves and it is shocking that he has been a constant in the front office even while other GM's come and go. He was GM when he drafted bust DT Dwayne Robertson and CB Justin Miller. He traded up to get Robertson and had a hand in the poor drafts of the recent past. New blood was much needed and I am glad to see decisiveness in the GM seat now. I had wondered why all the hate for Bradway in the past, but like I said, once I went back and traced his moves I saw what others already saw. Cluelessness.

Pounded table for russell wilson. POUNDED

Don't forget Big Vern

I love the house cleaning. This is a new organization starting from the inside. The evaluators, the draft pickers, the hierarchy are all changed and brand-new. This is a clean break from the past that's with this team needed at this time

....It keeps getting better.  John DeFilippo getting interviewed.  New QB coach is on the horizon.... see below:  from GangGreennation.com

".....John DeFilippo is the guy that has made Derek Carr look, in my opinion, like an actual franchise quarterback. Carr finished the year with 3,270 yards, 58.1% completion, 21 touchdowns, 12 interceptions, and 4 fumbles.

What's interesting is that DeFilippo was the assistant quarterbacks coach here, for the New York Jets, during Mark Sanchez's rookie year."

Green Lantern   

We'll have to start making some....  " Way to Go...Woody !  "    signs for the first game.

Pounded table for russell wilson. POUNDED

What if that story was true?  Our franchise would've been in a much stronger position if we had QB settled.  I'm not upset Bradway was fired but, unlike most Jet fans, I didn't hate the guy.  I remember in (I think) 2002 when he was our GM, he patiently took phone calls from fans on (I think) WFAN once a week.  He remained on keel when we were like 1-6 or 2-5.  That same year, we ended up winning the division (Chad took over) and he was the exact same guy at the end of the year as the beginning.  I think it said something for his character to take the heat like that (taking phone calls and all).  I do think he drafted a lot of busts but some of that is bad luck.  I think many GMs would've drafted Gholston and Robertson where we did.  Anyway, I'm not really trying to defend him because, again, I am not upset he's gone.  But I didn't hate him and I remember he too was a Parcells guy (a la Bowles).

That Robertson pick hurt. We traded 2 first rounders to get him. If we stayed put we could of taken Troy Polamalu with the first of those two picks. Then go back to the previous draft and we could of and SHOULD of taken Ed Reed instead of Bryan Thomas. Imagine having Ed Reed at FS and Polamalu at SS for a decade?

In the second round of the Robertson draft we took Victor Hobson and the following pick Arizona took Anquan Boldin. Boldin would of been the perfect guy to replace Coles, who I believe was the reason we had a second 1st rounder that year from Washington for not matching the contract he signed as a restricted FA.

You can't go back and play super GM after the fact with every pick, it's not fair, plenty of teams passed up on future probowlers for trash/average talent......but trading up for Robertson was a bad move, and the year prior taking Bryan Thomas over Ed Reed when we needed a Safety and we took 2 DEs a couple years before in Abe and Ellis was a really REALLY bad move.

Hope Maccagnan is the guy to replenish this roster and have more success than our previous regimes. It would be a huge plus to start getting guys in the later rounds to be contributors again like Tannenbaum did at times with Brad and Eric Smith, Leon Washington, Kerley, Slauson, etc.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Green Lantern   

Thanks for your excellent post.  Been a fan since the Superbowl year and I agree with you and others that we finally seem to have hope and competence as fans and as an organization.  I can't help but be a Jet fan, and I just want to see improvement, intelligence and the development of some pride for the fans, the players and an organization that won that one Superbowl with one of the greatest players to ever play, in one of the greatest tactial games of all time. Joe has had his problems, but he shouldn't be estranged from the New York Jets.  Woody, make your next smart move, work behind the scences to bring Joe back, while he's still alive.

Great thread! Forgot all about Justin Miller...Dewayne had red flags flying with the no cartilage in his knees...

Really glad Bradway is gone. U never know how bad it was until you look back.

But...I won't be truly happy until they get rid of that stupid aviator drum line in the stadium. Make it happen Mac!!!

Great thread! Forgot all about Justin Miller...Dewayne had red flags flying with the no cartilage in his knees...

Really glad Bradway is gone. U never know how bad it was until you look back.

But...I won't be truly happy until they get rid of that stupid aviator drum line in the stadium. Make it happen Mac!!!

Justin Miller wasn't the problem with that years Bradway Bustfest...he was our second second round pick

With our first one, our first pick since we had no one, Big Terry scooped up a Kicker, the Nuge

Green Lantern   

These are my people is what you thought when you drove up?   My first thought was what a bunch of ugly losers with zero respect for themselves.  I fit right in.

Justin Miller wasn't the problem with that years Bradway Bustfest...he was our second second round pick

With our first one, our first pick since we had no one, Big Terry scooped up a Kicker, the Nuge

Brings back some memories; the Jets needed a TE (among other things) and Terry and his crack medical staff determined that Heath Miller was an "injury risk" so he traded a 1st for Doug Jolly and a 2nd from the Raiders (Nuge),  Jets selected CB Justin Miller in the second as well, I think Justin was Bradways only pro-bowler (as a KR)

without the trade the Jets could have taken Heath Miller and his 9 year career, 532 receptions, 6,000 yards (and still going) Doug and Justin are gone but at least Nugent is still in the NFL (if the Bengals count) 

A fresh start was long overdue 

Green Lantern

Thank you, what do we win?

What if that story was true?  Our franchise would've been in a much stronger position if we had QB settled.  I'm not upset Bradway was fired but, unlike most Jet fans, I didn't hate the guy.  I remember in (I think) 2002 when he was our GM, he patiently took phone calls from fans on (I think) WFAN once a week.  He remained on keel when we were like 1-6 or 2-5.  That same year, we ended up winning the division (Chad took over) and he was the exact same guy at the end of the year as the beginning.  I think it said something for his character to take the heat like that (taking phone calls and all).  I do think he drafted a lot of busts but some of that is bad luck.  I think many GMs would've drafted Gholston and Robertson where we did.  Anyway, I'm not really trying to defend him because, again, I am not upset he's gone.  But I didn't hate him and I remember he too was a Parcells guy (a la Bowles).

Dude he literally pounded the table. Bloodied his fists. Why would he lie about it? Totally makes sense that story got out only after Russell Wilson became Russell Wilson and Bradway was worried about keeping his job in the new Idzik regime. POUNDED, BRO, POUNDED.

Archived