New England has filed tampering chargers against the Jets

WickedAwesome

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko 2m2 minutes ago

#Patriots have filed tampering charges vs. the New York Jets for Woody Johnson's comments on Revis according to @AdamSchefter

Could be a draft pick swap if history is any indicator of punishment.

Draft pick swap? Are you kidding a fine at most. Of course that POS Kraft has Goodell in his back pocket.

Draft pick swap? Are you kidding a fine at most. Of course that POS Kraft has Goodell in his back pocket.

If I'm not mistaken, past tampering charges have resulted in the teams swapping draft picks.

I'd say best case scenario for the Jets here is that we get your 2nd rounder, but we could also swap 1sts

It was the most benign "tampering" ever. No way we get draft pick penalty, but then it is Goodell's and the NFLs buttboy in Kraft filing it.

Tampering is tampering. It isn't "benign" when the OWNER of a team says at a press conference that he wants a player under contract with New England.

If I'm not mistaken, past tampering charges have resulted in the teams swapping draft picks.

I'd say best case scenario for the Jets here is that we get your 2nd rounder, but we could also swap 1sts

As per Adam Schefter -

"Tampering charges against Jets have been filed for comments team owner Woody Johnson made last month about Patriots CB Darrelle Revis, and NFL is looking into the matter, per an NFL official. The league is trying to determine whether there was a violation and if there was, how severe of a fine should be levied against Johnson and the Jets. At a press conference to discuss the firing of Rex Ryan and John Idzik, Johnson openly praised Revis and added, “I’d love for Darrelle to come back.” The NFL’s tampering policy says, “Any public or private statement of interest, qualified or unqualified, in another club’s player to that player’s agent or representative, or to a member of the news media, is a violation of the Anti-Tampering Policy.” Revis’ contract has an option for 2015 valued at $20 million, which the Patriots are likely to decline, which would make him an unrestricted free agent, when the Jets would be allowed to speak to and of him, legally"

As per Adam Schefter -

"Tampering charges against Jets have been filed for comments team owner Woody Johnson made last month about Patriots CB Darrelle Revis, and NFL is looking into the matter, per an NFL official. The league is trying to determine whether there was a violation and if there was, how severe of a fine should be levied against Johnson and the Jets. At a press conference to discuss the firing of Rex Ryan and John Idzik, Johnson openly praised Revis and added, “I’d love for Darrelle to come back.” The NFL’s tampering policy says, “Any public or private statement of interest, qualified or unqualified, in another club’s player to that player’s agent or representative, or to a member of the news media, is a violation of the Anti-Tampering Policy.” Revis’ contract has an option for 2015 valued at $20 million, which the Patriots are likely to decline, which would make him an unrestricted free agent, when the Jets would be allowed to speak to and of him, legally"

A fine is kind of a blanket term here that could include draft picks.

Just google "NFL tampering swap draft picks" and it'll bring up team after team after team that lost draft picks for tampering

Just google "NFL tampering swap draft picks" and it'll bring up team after team after team that lost draft picks for tampering

Just ban this guy already. Last thing we need are friggin' cheatriot trolls crapping all over threads.

Any interest in betting on this? I'm thinking a grand if it's a 1st, 500 if it's a second... You pay out at a grand if nothing.

You in?

Any interest in betting on this? I'm thinking a grand if it's a 1st, 500 if it's a second... You pay out at a grand if nothing.

You in?

I think the punishment is based on the quality of player, which is based on his contract (I might be wrong).

Considering Revis is under contract for 20M next year, that, if I'm right on this, would make this a very high end tampering charge.

1st is probably unlikely, but a 2nd isn't outside the range of possibility

Because it makes contract negotiation more difficult for the Patriots when other teams are saying they want him while under contract.

What negotiation?

He's under contract for next season, for $20,000,000.

Are you saying that the Pats don't intend to honor that contract?

Archived