New England has filed tampering chargers against the Jets

WickedAwesome

All Schefter said is they filed tampering charges. This Pat tool gives no point of reference for any punishment. Johnson may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but all he did was complement a player who will in fact be a free agent.

And that's a violation of tampering rules.

You really think the Jets just get a hand slap and not lose a draft pick for Woody's stupidity?????

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You really think the Jets just get a hand slap and not lose a draft pick for Woody's stupidity?????

why didn't jerry jones get punished ?   childress ?

those were direct calls with an intent to hire a player under contract with another team

not your best trolling, pretty lazy actually

I dont think anything Tex..Look at video again.. its obvious it was him stammering and fumbling with reporters question,,Non intent IMHO,, but who knows, as a ex Jet Goodall always thinks he has to play hard ball with us

Doesn't matter. Tampering is tampering. They're not going to think about if an owner publicly saying he wants a player is worse than an agent being contacted.

We've had some stupid posts here. This could be the dumbest. It could cause grey matter to drip out your ear simply by reading it. 

As to your Niners example, when did Johnson contact Revis's agent? In fact he hasn't. Why don't you mention the Jones/Peterson thing which resulted in in no punishment?

Woody Johnson says Jets want DeSean, causes tampering concerns.

http://nypost.com/2014/03/23/woody-says-jets-want-desean/

^ This right here is the reason we are going to lose a draft pick.  This idiot already got a slap on the wrist once in the last year.  Now second offence won't be so easy to get off of.

I don't think we will swap 1st rd picks.  I do think it could be something like a 4th or 5th though.  

Really doesn't matter what pick it is, we shouldn't be giving up a pick in the first place if we had a competent owner who wouldn't be baited by the media.  Whatever the punishment is will negatively impact the org while trying to start off on the right foot.  Macc Daddy getting his first taste of dealing with an idiot like woody.  Hopefully he tells him he no longer can talk about the New York Jets football operations to the public.

I dont think anything Tex..Look at video again.. its obvious it was him stammering and fumbling with reporters question,,Non intent IMHO,, but who knows, as a ex Jet Goodall always thinks he has to play hard ball with us

Personally SJ, I don't think anything becomes of it.

However, based on the two teams and the player involved, it wouldn't surprise me if the league decides otherwise.

The great thing about the ignore function is no posts from the three pats troll douchebags..TX, yazscumski and wickedasswipe

Much better than begging for bans that won't happen

Well, we knew it was just a matter of time.

As per Adam Schefter -

"Tampering charges against Jets have been filed for comments team owner Woody Johnson made last month about Patriots CB Darrelle Revis, and NFL is looking into the matter, per an NFL official. The league is trying to determine whether there was a violation and if there was, how severe of a fine should be levied against Johnson and the Jets. At a press conference to discuss the firing of Rex Ryan and John Idzik, Johnson openly praised Revis and added, “I’d love for Darrelle to come back.” The NFL’s tampering policy says, “Any public or private statement of interest, qualified or unqualified, in another club’s player to that player’s agent or representative, or to a member of the news media, is a violation of the Anti-Tampering Policy.” Revis’ contract has an option for 2015 valued at $20 million, which the Patriots are likely to decline, which would make him an unrestricted free agent, when the Jets would be allowed to speak to and of him, legally"

Actually, I think this tweet is the verbatim:

Woody on Revis as free agent last year: "If I thought I could have gotten Darrelle ... I probably would have taken him."

He was speaking in past tense, not in present tense. We're not losing a draft pick.

I'm curious if Philly will file tampering charges vs. Rex for his comments about Sanchez this week.

Actually, I think this tweet is the verbatim:

Woody on Revis as free agent last year: "If I thought I could have gotten Darrelle ... I probably would have taken him."

He was speaking in past tense, not in present tense. We're not losing a draft pick.

I'm curious if Philly will file tampering charges vs. Rex for his comments about Sanchez this week.

That part of the interview is not the problem as it is past tense.  Reporter followed up if Revis is available again would you want him.  And to that Woody says yes.  He was coaxed by the media but you can't just say oh no punishment cuz the media caused it.  Well thats part of his job and their job.  They did their job correctly, Woody did not.

That part of the interview is not the problem as it is past tense.  Reporter followed up if Revis is available again would you want him.  And to that Woody says yes.  He was coaxed by the media but you can't just say oh no punishment cuz the media caused it.  Well thats part of his job and their job.  They did their job correctly, Woody did not.

I guess I don't remember that part. Either way, we aren't losing our first rounder or whatever a bunch of people are freaking out over. If it is a monetary fine, I'd consider it worth paying if I'm Woody just to have put that out there.

Its an attempt at a FU from the pats as they know a small fine is all that could happen here. Honestly all it does is just bring more attention to Revis coming back to the Jets and raising his price. 

The Pats have resigned Chung and Bolden recently and I am sure reached out to Revis/Mcourty. I think they finally understand Revis is all about that money and know hes leaving to the highest bidder. 

I guess I don't remember that part. Either way, we aren't losing our first rounder or whatever a bunch of people are freaking out over. If it is a monetary fine, I'd consider it worth paying if I'm Woody just to have put that out there.

No it won't be crazy like a 1st or 2nd or even 1st swap.  But it could be something like a 4th or 5th possibly and that does hurt.  This will be the 2nd time in a single football season that Woody is going to be looked at for tampering.  No matter what the pick number is, it could possibly start the org off on the wrong foot.  If we lose any draft pick, thats a pick that could have been traded, could have surprised with a reach in talent.  No matter what if we lose a pick it sucks because our owner shouldn't be talking to the media.  I'm just hoping that's the last we really need Woody to say for a long long time now if Macc and Bowles have success.

Key words, "if he was available again".

I don't think it matters much....then everyone can say they "misspoke."

Woody isn't a new owner and should know better. Just plain dumb.

I understand what you're saying but misspeaking and contacting agents are two different things. If the Jets truly had any interest in Revis, wouldnt they have done that last spring when Revis called? This is nonsense and another reason why the Pats are the most hated team in the league. The Jets have no interest in Revis.

I understand what you're saying but misspeaking and contacting agents are two different things. If the Jets truly had any interest in Revis, wouldnt they have done that last spring when Revis called? This is nonsense and another reason why the Pats are the most hated team in the league. The Jets have no interest in Revis.

Actually no to the bolded.  Woody in that same interview as the tampering said he would have if he knew he was going to get Revis for as cheap as the Patriots did.  He basically threw Idzik under the bus but that line of questioning is what lead us to the tampering charge.

Legally Woody ****ed up and we will have a punishment.  What it is we'll see but this is the 2nd time they have to look closely at something Woody said in the last year, which means less of a chance for a slap on the wrist.

The NFL's tampering policy says, "Any public or private statement of interest, qualified or unqualified, in another club's player to that player's agent or representative, or to a member of the news media, is a violation of the Anti-Tampering Policy."

Savage69, on 18 Jan 2015 - 12:45 PM, said:Savage69, on 18 Jan 2015 - 12:45 PM, said:Savage69, on 18 Jan 2015 - 12:45 PM, said:

Everything he liked about the Jets is in Buffalo now..

This is exactly 100% right on true. Having said that, Rex and Mevis can have each other. Amazing how we are still reaping the rewards of trading away and not resigning (plus getting 2 draft picks in the process while Revis rehabbed in TB for free) the best player this franchise ever had.

Patriots are s*umabgs. Eventually, they will get what they deserve because Dickichick is such a miserable gavone.

Archived