Chan Gailey not a sure thing

AFJF

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What sense would it make to Hire an Adam Gase when you will probably be installing a new offense again in a year if this cat is as good as advertise. Hire Chan Gailey, allow him to bring in his protégé who ever it is and let him continue to develop that person so the transition from Gailey to the Protégé would be seamless.

Hire Chan Gailey already .

This could be a negotiation ploy by Gailey since it appears the Browns are also interviewing him.  So maybe Bowles still wants him but Gailey is the one putting the breaks on.

There are a few open OC jobs still.  Jags, Baltimore, Browns, 49rs, Bears, StLouis.

I would vote Gase for the simple reason that having Gase and Bowles on the same staff will result in back page gold.

Other than that I am not too impressed by what i have heard about Gase. The Broncos did not retain him and let him walk out of the building.

If Peyton comes back who will call the game Kubiak or Peyton??

Jets’ deal with OC Chan Gailey has not gotten done, and there are questions as to whether it will, leaving Gailey and Jets’ futures uncertain. “Everybody made it seem like a done deal – everybody except me,” Gailey said Monday. Three other teams have talked to Gailey about joining their staff and he is contemplating whether to do it, he said. He only wants to coach with the right team in the right situation. But those reports of Gailey joining the Jets were premature and Gailey said the two sides are at a crossroads, “but nothing’s happened yet.”

Jets’ deal with OC Chan Gailey has not gotten done, and there are questions as to whether it will, leaving Gailey and Jets’ futures uncertain. “Everybody made it seem like a done deal – everybody except me,” Gailey said Monday. Three other teams have talked to Gailey about joining their staff and he is contemplating whether to do it, he said. He only wants to coach with the right team in the right situation. But those reports of Gailey joining the Jets were premature and Gailey said the two sides are at a crossroads, “but nothing’s happened yet.”

Oh boy

This is very disconcerting. How could Bowles not know if Gailey was going to take the job? I can't believe Bowles didn't have conversations with Gailey before he was offered the HC job. I wouldn't let this drag on. I had heard that Trestman was also a consideration before he settled on Gailey. If that's so, get him in here ASAP for an interview. OC is too important a postion on this team to screw around with. If Gailey dosen't want to be here, find someone who does - NOW!!

It would not shock me whatsoever if that is why the Gailey hiring hasn't happened yet. Many expected Gase to get a head coaching job. With the falcons locking up Kyle Shannahan and keying in on Dan Quinn, it doesn't look like it is going to happen for him this year. I'd love to have Gailey but IMHO, Gase is the better coach for the modern day NFL. ESPECIALLY if you want to develop a QB.

Maybe Bowles should make a pitch to get him as OC. I know it's a lateral move and Gase has other options but I hope we don't overlook anyone that can potentially help. Jets had addition by subtraction in letting David Lee and Sanjay Lal follow Rex to Buffalo so make a pitch for Gase. What do we have to lose?

Before we start blaming woody or the jets organization maybe we should consider the idea that gailey might be asking for something unreasonable. It has been documented that it might take a lot to get him back to the game because his wife prefers that he stays retired. He might be asking a lot.

Before we start blaming woody or the jets organization maybe we should consider the idea that gailey might be asking for something unreasonable. It has been documented that it might take a lot to get him back to the game because his wife prefers that he stays retired. He might be asking a lot.

ya, the son of a gun might be asking for a QB ;)

Chan Gailey: No word from Jets

By Adam Schefter | ESPN

The New York Jets' deal with offensive coordinator Chan Gailey has not gotten done, and there are questions as to whether it will, leaving Gailey and the Jets' futures uncertain.

"Everybody made it seem like a done deal -- everybody except me," Gailey said Monday.

Gailey, who spent the past two seasons out of the NFL after coaching the Buffalo Bills in 2012, said reports about him joining the Jets were premature and that the two sides are at a crossroads.

"Nothing's happened yet," he said.

Gailey, 63, said three other teams have talked to him about joining their staffs and he is contemplating whether to do it, as he only wants to coach with the right team in the right situation.

In 10 seasons as a coordinator and head coach, Gailey presided over two top-10 offenses -- the 1997 Pittsburgh Steelers and 1998 Dallas Cowboys -- but his teams made it to the playoffs in six of those 10 years.

We need Woody Johnson to step up and make a statement about this.......Oh NO NO NO. The next time I want to hear from Johnson is when he announces he is selling the team.

Jets hit the market, the Dolans will be the first ones to make an offer... they almost won the bid last time around, how would you that? 

http://www.newsday.com/from-the-archives-johnson-johnson-heir-to-buy-jets-for-635m-1.6726797

Archived