Chan Gailey not a sure thing

AFJF

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bottom line is that if Chan says no, then you HAVE TO go to plan B, at this point it would be helpful to know who Plan B is. However, as we don't know who plan B is then we have to stew in the unknown for a while. 

New GM seems to have been trained by some great folks over years,,I am sure he has a Plan B in place, but smartly not sharing w/media

New GM seems to have been trained by some great folks over years,,I am sure he has a Plan B in place, but smartly not sharing w/media

Yeah, given this market's media...they will make Plan B look really bad. Better to keep cards close to the vest no matter how badly fans and the media want to know. Let's see how this all plays out. I like the moves so far...

My Wish List:

Rex out - DONE!

Idzik out - DONE!

Scouting Dept Out - DONE!

Amazing but they did it. Now, its all gravy...one way to go..up!

Go Jets! I like the Bowles pick. 

LL

Yeah, given this market's media...they will make Plan B look really bad. Better to keep cards close to the vest no matter how badly fans and the media want to know. Let's see how this all plays out. I like the moves so far...

My Wish List:

Rex out - DONE!

Idzik out - DONE!

Scouting Dept Out - DONE!

Amazing but they did it. Now, its all gravy...one way to go..up!

Go Jets! I like the Bowles pick. 

LL

Great post,, we all need to Bleed Green more and be damn positive,,LL makes great points, the plan is coming together

Bottom line is that if Chan says no, then you HAVE TO go to plan B, at this point it would be helpful to know who Plan B is. However, as we don't know who plan B is then we have to stew in the unknown for a while.

Initial OC rumors for Bowles were Gailey & AZ QB Coach Freddie Kitchens (was also Coach in Dallas for Parcells when Bowles was there)

One positive is not many leaks have come out. Then again Jets beat writers are still in full Rex obsession / depression.

One positive is not many leaks have come out. Then again Jets beat writers are still in full Rex obsession / depression.

that shows the agenda they were on w/paper sales/link hits and back page material..

screw the local team now, still milk the Circus's Ringmaster one last time

Initial OC rumors for Bowles were Gailey & AZ QB Coach (name escapes me).

Yeah, I think they are coming to the realization that without Rex they may need to...GASP...do some actual writing. lol

LL

@RapSheet: With the #Ravens hiring Marc Trestman, don’t be surprised if #Broncos OC Adam Gase lands with #Jaguars. That was his other strong option.

Oops Ian

@JasonLaCanfora: The Jags are hiring Greg Olson to be their offensive coordinator. The market is thinning out of the best candidates

Yeah, you don't want to float names right now. There's a ton of OC openings unfilled, and so far the league is all interviewing the same 4-5 guys. Don't put them on the scent of an ace up the sleeve, if you've got one.

@RapSheet: With the #Ravens hiring Marc Trestman, don’t be surprised if #Broncos OC Adam Gase lands with #Jaguars. That was his other strong option.

Oops Ian

@JasonLaCanfora: The Jags are hiring Greg Olson to be their offensive coordinator. The market is thinning out of the best candidates

I feel like the media was high on Gase getting a HC gig or being a hot OC commodity, but the hiring decisions have shown that the NFL teams seem to think Gase was a product of Peyton... like the fans have been saying for a while.

I feel like the media was high on Gase getting a HC gig or being a hot OC commodity, but the hiring decisions have shown that the NFL teams seem to think Gase was a product of Peyton... like the fans have been saying for a while.

It could also be teams think he may be 1 and gone (HC in '16).

Rich Cimini

‏@RichCimini If Chan Gailey falls through, I think Mike Sherman w/b interested in Jets' OC job. Not sure if it's mutual. Has HOU background w/ Maccagnan.

Speculation.

I've not seen report of any OC interviews by the Jets, hopefully it's just not being reported.

Really don't like what I read today regarding his quotes to the media. He says multiple teams are chasing him, he hasn't said anything positive about the jets, and he will be a disaster every time he talks to media person. He's too old school, we need some fresh blood.

We need to pass on this guy. Mark my words, it will be a mistake if he's hired.

Archived