Andrew Luck

Villain The Foe

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wilson got lucky Lynch is a beast. Normally going 14-29 with 4 ints doesn't win a game.

Normally is right, but its not like thats the only win he's had in the playoffs. Before this afternoons game, in Russell's prior 6 playoff games he was 5-1, completed 64% of his passes, threw for 9TD's to just 1 int and also rushed for a TD with a rushing avg. of almost 6 yards a carry. 

Dude throws 4 picks early yet in O.T. who does Pete Carroll lean on? It wasnt Lynch. 

Luck will own this conference for the next decade.

They draft a good RB, get him some better protection, and its over...

Brady is an old fart and the Pats won't get home field advantage again.

Indy goes 14-2 or 13-3 at worst next year, clinches home field. Bookmark this post if you like

Indy goes 14-2 or 13-3 at worst next year, clinches home field. Bookmark this post if you like

False Reggie Wayne is retiring other WRs aren't that good and the defense is very weak 

Brady may be an old fart but he just gave that young boy a major ass whipping. You say that Luck will own the conference because Brady will be retiring soon, but Flacco isn't. Also, even if Luck does own the conference, Wilson is owning the playoffs. In 3 years Wilson is 6-1 in the playoffs with 2 SB appearances and a SB win. The QB's he beat?

RG3

Drew Brees

Colin Kaepernick

Peyton Manning (Superbowl)

Cam Newton

Aaron Rodgers

You can put Brady's name next to the rest of them in 2 weeks. Luck may own a conference, but Wilson is owning the league. 

The colts are probably one of the worst ran franchises in the NFL they've just been lucky enough to have the first pick in the draft at the right time (drafting Manning and Luck) but have done an awful job building a team around them.  Trading a first rd. pick for Trent Richardson has to go down as one of the worst trades in NFL history.

The colts are probably one of the worst ran franchises in the NFL they've just been lucky enough to have the first pick in the draft at the right time (drafting Manning and Luck) but have done an awful job building a team around them.  Trading a first rd. pick for Trent Richardson has to go down as one of the worst trades in NFL history.

You're totally right on that one. You know what the Colts need to do? Rehire Tony Dungy.

Yeah, like we haven't heard this before....Brady is washed up, the Pats draft terribly, they are ripe for the picking.  And here they are again in the Super Bowl.

Normally is right, but its not like thats the only win he's had in the playoffs. Before this afternoons game, in Russell's prior 6 playoff games he was 5-1, completed 64% of his passes, threw for 9TD's to just 1 int and also rushed for a TD with a rushing avg. of almost 6 yards a carry.

Dude throws 4 picks early yet in O.T. who does Pete Carroll lean on? It wasnt Lynch.

I didn't say Wilson wasn't good. I said he got lucky today.

If he stays on course he'll be a top QB once the old guys retire but Luck is definitely a better QB.

Yeah, like we haven't heard this before....Brady is washed up, the Pats draft terribly, they are ripe for the picking.  And here they are again in the Super Bowl.

Yeah, its totally wrong to say that.

Because Brady will keep dominating until he is 55, the Pats don't suck at drafting skill positions like WR, the AFC East isn't going to improve at all.

I didn't say Wilson wasn't good. I said he got lucky today.

If he stays on course he'll be a top QB once the old guys retire but Luck is definitely a better QB.

Luck is not a better QB when it counts, in the playoffs. 

To keep it fair, lets disregard wins and losses in the playoffs. In 5 games Luck completed just 59% of his passes, thrown for 9 TD's and 10 INT's...and thats not even counting the Pats game. 

This is the guy that people are saying is the best QB in the league not named Rodgers and Brady. He's thrown an INT in every playoff game except one, and in the games that he's thrown an INT he's thrown for multiple INT's in those games except one. 

Brother, if my team was down a TD in a playoff game whether wildcard or Super Bowl, and I had the option of picking Wilson or Luck to get my team back in it, I'm picking Wilson and it wouldnt even be hesitation in doing so. 

Pats have been RIPE FOR THE SLAUGHTER on this site and a certain other that shall remain nameless for YEARS.  Brady may not be tearing up records the past couple years, but he can still make all the throws, is as healthy as he has ever been recently, and doesn't rely on mobility at all.  He is probably good for another three years barring significant injury.

Brady may be an old fart but he just gave that young boy a major ass whipping. You say that Luck will own the conference because Brady will be retiring soon, but Flacco isn't. Also, even if Luck does own the conference, Wilson is owning the playoffs. In 3 years Wilson is 6-1 in the playoffs with 2 SB appearances and a SB win. The QB's he beat?

RG3

Drew Brees

Colin Kaepernick

Peyton Manning (Superbowl)

Cam Newton

Aaron Rodgers

You can put Brady's name next to the rest of them in 2 weeks. Luck may own a conference, but Wilson is owning the league. 

Well no sh*t. Luck had nothing around him. Some scrub group of running backs, worthless old fart receivers like Nicks and Wayne. Doesn't have the elite protection that Tom does. No defensive front on the other side. I said the Patriots would win and they did, and they are the better team at present. It has nothing to do with Tom vs Luck, one team is much better equipped to win in post-season than the other.

I was talking specifically about the AFC, don't know why Wilson comes into the discussion.

Flacco is not a better QB than Andrew Luck.

Brady might be top dog, but he is 38. Peyton is finished. Other than Brady or Roethlisberger, who does Luck have to contend with in future seasons? Andy Dalton?

Indy is a playoff team since Luck arrived, they are a VERY YOUNG team that have improved with every season and they will only get better. Like i said, i'm happy to revisit this subject at the same time next year.

Well no sh*t. Luck had nothing around him. Some scrub group of running backs, worthless old fart receivers like Nicks and Wayne. Doesn't have the elite protection that Tom does. No defensive front on the other side. I said the Patriots would win and they did, and they are the better team at present. It has nothing to do with Tom vs Luck, one team is much better equipped to win in post-season than the other.

I was talking specifically about the AFC, don't know why Wilson comes into the discussion.

Flacco is not a better QB than Andrew Luck.

Brady might be top dog, but he is 38. Peyton is finished. Other than Brady or Roethlisberger, who does Luck have to contend with in future seasons?

Indy is a playoff team since Luck arrived, they are a VERY YOUNG team that have improved with every season and they will only get better. Like i said, i'm happy to revisit this subject at the same time next year.

Then if all of this information is apparent to you then stop talking about how he's going to run the conference for a decade. Wilson comes up in the conversation because the thread that was created surrounded Luck and Wilson. But if you dont like Wilson I'll tuck him away and we can deal purely with Joe Flacco. 

You want to talk better QB's? Put away regular season stats and go check playoff stats. You see, the playoffs are where all the good teams meet so the stats are more relative to the player. Go look at Andrew Luck and Joe Flacco's playoff Stats. Matter of fact, I'll leave the links here for you. 

Andrew Luck

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LuckAn00/gamelog/post/

Joe Flacco

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FlacJo00/gamelog/post/

Andrew Luck has thrown 12 INT's in just 6 playoff games. Flacco has thrown just 10 INT in 15 playoff games. 

This is entirely too reactionary.  Sometimes we forget that he's only been in the league 3 years.  Russell Wilson has as well, but as has been mentioned, his squad is loaded with talent.  I don't think Villain was necessarily suggesting Wilson > Luck but I'm sure it crossed his mind given the nature of the thread.  Luck has had to shoulder a much larger burden, dragging that franchise to postseason victories almost on his own.

This is entirely too reactionary.  Sometimes we forget that he's only been in the league 3 years.  Russell Wilson has as well, but as has been mentioned, his squad is loaded with talent.  I don't think Villain was necessarily suggesting Wilson > Luck but I'm sure it crossed his mind given the nature of the thread.  Luck has had to shoulder a much larger burden, dragging that franchise to postseason victories almost on his own.

You know whats funny? Why is it when guys like Andrew Luck lose then people talk about all of the pieces that he's missing yet when Russell Wilson wins they talk about how its only because he has all these pieces? It sounds a bit contradictory to me.

Not saying you did that. Just reading your post brought that to mind. All the time people talk about all of the weapons available to Wilson that he utilizes rather well yet when a favorite player loses football games those same people use the excuse that they didnt have what they criticize Wilson for having. 

Archived