Revis looked TOO Happy!

32EBoozer

There's this thing called loyalty. It's a lost art, I suppose.

It's a business and the NFL stands for "not for long".  Revis did the right thing.  I hold no grudge against him.  Having said that, it is painful that he might win a Superbowl w/ the Pats.

Why wouldn't he be happy? He is playing in the Super Bowl. I'd be over the ******* moon.

THIS. Its not his fault Idzik/Woody were too stupid to even try and bring back him to the Jets.  Say what you want, but the entire trade situation to Tampa worked out perfectly for the Jets; they got picks (turned one into Richardson) saved money, let Tampa pay for a year while he came back from a serious injury and then had the chance to resign him after he demonstrated he was fully healthy amd could still play.  But NOOOOOO, we don't need all pro caliber players....lets hold on to that money and sign some journeyman CB who doesn't even make it out of Training Camp.  Watched him tonight just SMDH.

THIS. Its not his fault Idzik/Woody were too stupid to even try and bring back him to the Jets. Say what you want, but the entire trade situation to Tampa worked out perfectly for the Jets; they got picks (turned one into Richardson) saved money, let Tampa pay for a year while he came back from a serious injury and then had the chance to resign him after he demonstrated he was fully healthy amd could still play. But NOOOOOO, we don't need all pro caliber players....lets hold on to that money and sign some journeyman CB who doesn't even make it out of Training Camp. Watched him tonight just SMDH.

This. Fvck Idzik.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

It's a business and the NFL stands for "not for long". Revis did the right thing. I hold no grudge against him. Having said that, it is painful that he might win a Superbowl w/ the Pats.

Yeah I agree. Players with contracts get cut all the time, and don't see all the money they originally signed for. Loyalty it a 2 way street, and the teams don't hold their end up, so neither should the players.

With that being said it still sucks seeing him in a Pats uniform, going to a SB. I hope Seattle can pull it off, but I would of had more confidence in GB. Still can't believe they blew that game.

really?   Didn't Cromartie have a contract with the Jets in 2014?    that's right....the Jets didn't honor the contract and cut him.  

They are responsible for whats guaranteed in the contract and they did that.. Where Idzik screwed up is not signing him for what the Cards did.. Revis holds out on contracts he agreed to..

Yeah I agree. Players with contracts get cut all the time, and don't see all the money they originally signed for. Loyalty it a 2 way street, and the teams don't hold their end up, so neither should the players.

With that being said it still sucks seeing him in a Pats uniform, going to a SB. I hope Seattle can pull it off, but I would of had more confidence in GB. Still can't believe they blew that game.

I disagree...Packers D would be LIT UP by Brady and Gronk. IMO.

If that's the case if Klecko ever makes it he will go in as a Colt.. However that's not the case..LOL

I know you are joking but Revis, if he wins a SB and comes back to the Pats and plays say 3 years.  

He will forever be a PAT in the nations mind. 

Much as Reggie is thought of as a Yankee not an A.

**** him. He's a mercenary. That's all he'll ever care about. 

Get over yourself.  This is his job.  The problem was he out performed his contract and guys like Antonio Cromartie were getting paid more than he was.  I'd be pissed too.  Now he's paid what he's worth and is going to the superbowl, why wouldn't he be happy.  Honestly I don't see too many Pats that are unhappy,   Doesn't mean I can't stand them, but I'm fine with Revis.  He would have come back if we didn't have douches for a GM and Owner.  If I think back over the years how many stupid decisions that Woody has been part of, he's been the problem all along and he's not going away.  

Archived