Report: NFL investigating whether Patriots purposely deflated footballs during win over Colts

CM28

Yep, that .25 PSI difference would have had a huge impact in the outcome of a 45-7 blowout.

Yes, otherwise why risk cheating? Sure it was a 45-7 blowout, but you never know how things play out if a few plays go differently early in the game. The colts laid down at a certain point. Either way, I wouldn't expect much more from you and your repeat offender head coach. 

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you look at DQwell Jackson's interception again you will see a great catch with all hands and no body, in the rain.   More evidence that the NE footballs were probably softer and easier to grab.

To me this shows that a deflated ball in the rain / cold can make a Linebacker who has 4 INTs in the last 6 years look like Kellen Winslow.

If you look at DQwell Jackson's interception again you will see a great catch with all hands and no body, in the rain.   More evidence that the NE footballs were probably softer and easier to grab.

To me this shows that a deflated ball in the rain / cold can make a Linebacker who has 4 INTs in the last 6 years look like Kellen Winslow.

By comparison, now look at Herron playing with Indy's footballs dropped 2 passes in a row. These represented both the first and second passes Herron dropped this season. 

it's just so awesome that the past* fans once have been reduced to spin control after belicheat cheats

I'm sure after the game they had glorious fantasies about trolling the living sh*t out of us for 6 months

BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

he has to cheat again

so funny

it's just so awesome that the past* fans once have been reduced to spin control after belicheat cheats

I'm sure after the game they had glorious fantasies about trolling the living sh*t out of us for 6 months

BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

he has to cheat again

so funny

Problem with the cheating there really is no downside to doing it...they'll continue to game the system until the NFL starts vacating wins, which will never happen.

Problem with the cheating there really is no downside to doing it...they'll continue to game the system until the NFL starts vacating wins, which will never happen.

yup, totally agree.  The only other possible way it changes is if fans stop watching, ratings go down, and advertisers stop paying full dollar, and TV networks stop forking over billions for the rights to roger dodger

which will never happen

sigh

By comparison, now look at Herron playing with Indy's footballs dropped 2 passes in a row. These represented both the first and second passes Herron dropped this season. 

Pats have put Goodell in a really bad spot. He cut them slack in Spygate, and now they turn around and something underhanded in a game they would have won by 3 TDs anyway.Further Goodell has been a media punching bag for some time now. He came down like a ton of bricks on the Saints and made a mess of the Rice and Peterson cases.They don't vacate wins, but they could yank draft picks. Bellicheat probably doesn't care about because once Brady is out the door he'll be gone too. That figures to be sooner than later.  

Would note arguably the key play of the game ws not impacted. Cribbs' fumble/muff of a punt was with a K ball, not a ball the Pats had anything to do with. Again, moe proof how stupid this was. 

Pats have put Goodell in a really bad spot. He cut them slack in Spygate, and now they turn around and something underhanded in a game they would have won by 3 TDs anyway.Further Goodell has been a media punching bag for some time now. He came down like a ton of bricks on the Saints and made a mess of the Rice and Peterson cases.They don't vacate wins, but they could yank draft picks. Bellicheat probably doesn't care about because once Brady is out the door he'll be gone too. That figures to be sooner than later.  

Would note arguably the key play of the game ws not impacted. Cribbs' fumble/muff of a punt was with a K ball, not a ball the Pats had anything to do with. Again, moe proof how stupid this was. 

Bellie views cheating as very cheap "term insurance" 

Hopefully he is treated like Pete Rose when HOF committee reviews him

I didn

Yeah I dont get the sense Belichick cares all that much about late first rounders...especially knowing how far ahead they are in the division.

I didnt think the NFL had the K ball anymore...

First the Pats deflate footballs.

Next they deflate Super Bowl Ticket Prices and interest.

Super Bowl tickets are cheaper than they were last year. You can thank the Patriots for that.

On average, tickets were selling for $2,879 on Monday, according to SeatGeek, a search engine that tracks online sales.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/19/news/economy/super-bowl-tickets/index.html

Yeah we should all be so lucky as to be in the bad spot Goodell is in. Want to see how easy it is to solve if he wants it to go away? "We checked the game balls from the Patriots side and they were inflated to league regulations. No one takes the integrity of the NFL more seriously than I do." It doesn't matter if half the people hearing it laugh and the other half scream in anger.

I'd be shocked if he does anything at all, let alone between their AFCCG victory and the SB. 

Yeah we should all be so lucky as to be in the bad spot Goodell is in. Want to see how easy it is to solve if he wants it to go away? "We checked the game balls from the Patriots side and they were inflated to league regulations. No one takes the integrity of the NFL more seriously than I do." It doesn't matter if half the people hearing it laugh and the other half scream in anger.

I'd be shocked if he does anything at all, let alone between their AFCCG victory and the SB. 

That's exactly how this ends.

Hope you guys enjoy watching the Pats play in yet another Super Bowl.

Please provide one documented link explaining how the balls were doctored after the offcials verified them prior to kickoff.

heh peanuts for brains, #1 the refs took some balls out of play  #2 Balls are covered in towels, does your peanut size brain know how small pin needles are?  and how quick 5 seconds could deflate a ball. maybe your wife is expert on needles... dick

heh peanuts for brains, #1 the refs took some balls out of play  #2 Balls are covered in towels, does your peanut size brain know how small pin needles are?  and how quick 5 seconds could deflate a ball. maybe your wife is expert on needles... di

Pack of 10 pins for $3.99 --

http://www.modells.com/product/spalding_10-pack_inflation_needles-8463s.do?sortby=bestSellers&from=Search

Goddell has to ensure there is a proper investigation here. He has lost the notion of infallibility he had when he destroyed the Spygate evidence.

You know 10-15 years ago no one questioned the integrity of the league. I did not hear many fans question the preferential treatment given to some teams and their QB's. But now there are quiet a few football fans that are questioning the integrity of the game. It feels like the we are very close to the proverbial last straw where the integrity of the league becomes an huge issue. At the same time the way Spygate was handled it will keep rearing up whenever there is another issue with the Pats.

Add to it  the Saints row and then the domestic violence mis-handling on top of it and right now Goddell is on pretty thin ice. If they try to sweep this under the carpet there might be a huge negative backlash and even the handful few NFL owners who have a special place for Goddell won't be able to save him.

My guess here is, if they league mistakenly tries to sweep this under the carpet it will happen before the Super Bowl but it may backfire big time. What i think is more likely to happen is they will let this investigation drag on till we are well into the offseason when most fans are dialed out before handing out some fines to the Pats.

true but everybody hates them and not just fans.  Other coaches\players.  When SF had all those great years with Montana you could not resist but want them to win superboowl.  They were a team I hated during regular season because I was an LT\Giants fan as well at the time but I rooted for him and loved watching those superbowls, Dallas later with Aikman, I hated dallas but I liked watching them win the superbowls.  Even Elway and Manning, I wanted for them to win superbowl because they deserved it.

Nobody is going to want to watch these guys and when they are done with football no one will be counting playoffs or superbowls they will be talking about how many cheating scandals.

You know what I think could happen Matt? I think that the whole Pats Era will eventually be looked upon the same way as the McGwire-Sosa era of juiced balls and bodies in the mid to late 90's.  It will be just swept under the rug and not much credence will be put upon any of their ill-gotten achievements  

I think it will be most telling if the announcement of their findings is scheduled after the SB. Any announcement prior to the game will be to clear them.

true but everybody hates them and not just fans.  Other coaches\players.  When SF had all those great years with Montana you could not resist but want them to win superboowl.  They were a team I hated during regular season because I was an LT\Giants fan as well at the time but I rooted for him and loved watching those superbowls, Dallas later with Aikman, I hated dallas but I liked watching them win the superbowls.  Even Elway and Manning, I wanted for them to win superbowl because they deserved it.

Nobody is going to want to watch these guys and when they are done with football no one will be counting playoffs or superbowls they will be talking about how many cheating scandals.

I dont think they care, nor do I think the league really cares. The rules aren't really enforced for a reason I guess. The Pats just prepare better than everyone and they cheat better than everyone. Until teams catch up to what Belichick does it will continue to work to their advantage. Teams need to start giving the Pats a taste of their own medicine because I dont see the league coming down hard on them....like I said the only way to actually prevent this would be to advance the Colts.

You know what I think could happen Matt? I think that the whole Pats Era will eventually be looked upon the same way as the McGwire-Sosa era of juiced balls and bodies in the mid to late 90's.  It will be just swept under the rug and not much credence will be put upon any of their ill-gotten achievements  

Meh, maybe. Both Brady and Belichick will still skate to the HOF. They just happen to take advantage of a broken system better than everyone else(and don't feel sorry for it) and they also  prepare better than everyone. 

Please provide one documented link explaining how the balls were doctored after the offcials verified them prior to kickoff.

they are going to destroy the evidence, so there will be no link

c'mon, you've been down this road before

Archived