Report: NFL investigating whether Patriots purposely deflated footballs during win over Colts

CM28

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha ha same cast of characters responding ..i love it.

Anyways..

If the pats really did this. This is petty. No point in it..but the whole thing still is funny.

Again, how many times do I have to say that deflating the balls is not the reason the Pats won?

It merely follows an all too familiar pattern with the Pats under Belichick. He apparently does feel the need to do underhanded things to give his team an edge. You've got to ask yourself why. He admitted to taping signals for a decade. He obviously felt he gained an advantage from it, otherwise why did he continue to do it for so long, even continuing to do it for a year after the league sent out a warning in response to a team complaining about the Pats doing it?

Why come up with plays that skirt the spirit if not the letter of the rule last week against the Ravens? 

He does these things because he feels the need to. Why does he feel that way? That I can't answer. We need EY for that. 

Again, how many times do I have to say that deflating the balls is not the reason the Pats won?

It merely follows an all too familiar pattern with the Pats under Belichick. He apparently does feel the need to do underhanded things to give his team an edge. You've got to ask yourself why. He admitted to taping signals for a decade. He obviously felt he gained an advantage from it, otherwise why did he continue to do it for so long, even continuing to do it for a year after the league sent out a warning in response to a team complaining about the Pats doing it?

Why come up with plays that skirt the spirit if not the letter of the rule last week against the Ravens? 

He does these things because he feels the need to. Why does he feel that way? That I can't answer. We need EY for that. 

It's the NFL's fault, really. The punishment from getting caught is a joke. Belly has just made the rational choice that winning a SB is worth a slap on the wrist. And he is right. It would be as if the NCAA took away only 1 scholarship and fined the HC a small amount of money for recruiting violations.

I never condoned anything the pats ever done wrong. Once proven they were wrong.

Just rival fans assume fans represent the actions of their team 100 percent..idk

This isn't a court of law. Once you have the reputation for cheating, yeah you lose the benefit of the doubt. Welcome to reality.

It's the NFL's fault, really. The punishment from getting caught is a joke. Belly has just made the rational choice that winning a SB is worth a slap on the wrist. And he is right. It would be as if the NCAA took away only 1 scholarship and fined the HC a small amount of money for recruiting violations.

I said this already...

1. Offensive line will hold on every play, because the NFL can't call penalties on every snap

2. Offense will run up score, because majority of plays and drives will be extended, regardless of any lost penalty yards - worth risk

3. Corners will hold or illegally contact on every play, because the NFL can't call penalties on every snap

4. Our defense will stifle the top offenses in the league, enough so that our defense can let our offense run out to a lead and hold it - worth risk

5. Cheat in whatever other way we can, because if we get to and win the SB, it'll be worth the cost of losing draft picks - which is worst case scenario

In other words, since they don't take away wins, the game plan is that there is no penalty or punishment that outweighs winning the SB.

I can feel my self-worth growing exponentially!!!! 

I said this already...

I can feel my self-worth growing exponentially!!!! 

felt bad for you so set it up for you. your self-worth owes me a beer

like max said, even when agreeing with you, you are a highly disagreeable person.

Oh, and incase you geniuses didn't know (not that you honestly care), ALL the balls are provided to the officials BEFORE the game, with pressure gauges. They are then KEPT by the referees and given to the ball attendent at the start of the game.

I know you think Belichick just keeps all of them in his hoodie and the referees ask him for one every time they need, but that isn't how it works.

Cry some more, your tears taste delicious.

I'm starting to think your brains are deflated.

NFL taking game-integrity issues very seriously
Posted by Mike Florio on January 19, 2015, 3:51 PM EST

The NFL has learned the hard way that improperly handling investigations regarding off-field issues can create major problems.  As a result, the NFL fully intends to properly handle investigations regarding on-field issues that impact the integrity of the game.

As to the question of whether balls were deflated by the Patriots before or during Sunday’s AFC title game against the Colts, the issue goes much deeper than the contents of the rulebook or the question of whether the Patriots would have won the game with over-inflated balls, under-inflated balls, completely deflated balls, or bowling balls.  The issue speaks to the question of whether the integrity of the game has been undermined.

Per a league source, the Patriots officially have been informed of the investigation, and the investigation will be thorough and transparent.  Consequences, if any, will come in the offseason, with a full explanation from the NFL as to what happened and why punishment was (or wasn’t) imposed.

In this specific case, the investigation will focus on whether the balls were properly weighed and measured by officials before the game started, whether anything happened while the balls were in the custody of the referee, and whether anything happened after the balls were given by the referee to the ball attendant.

The ball attendant becomes a key figure in any investigation regarding ball inflation because the ball attendant is an employee not of the league but of the team.

It’s not the only pending investigation that falls into the “integrity of the game” file.  The ongoing investigation regarding the reported use of cellphones on the sidelines by Browns coaches also has attracted special attention from the league office.

In addition to rectifying any potential impact on game integrity, the NFL also will hope to deter others from committing similar violations in the future.  Which means that the punishments, if any, will be aimed in part at sending a message to anyone else who would be inclined to do anything to get an unfair edge.

Ha ha same cast of characters responding ..i love it.

Anyways..

If the pats really did this. This is petty. No point in it..but the whole thing still is funny.

Its unfortunate that a whole section of this country has to continually defend a lying cheat.  I wonder what the kids of NE will take away from all this.  Watching parents, siblings, etc teach it OK to stretch the rules and f**k someone over as long as you win...and don't forget to relish it and rub it in to anyone who will listen...maybe the are breeding the next congress up there?

NFL taking game-integrity issues very seriously

Posted by Mike Florio on January 19, 2015, 3:51 PM EST

The NFL has learned the hard way that improperly handling investigations regarding off-field issues can create major problems.  As a result, the NFL fully intends to properly handle investigations regarding on-field issues that impact the integrity of the game.

As to the question of whether balls were deflated by the Patriots before or during Sunday’s AFC title game against the Colts, the issue goes much deeper than the contents of the rulebook or the question of whether the Patriots would have won the game with over-inflated balls, under-inflated balls, completely deflated balls, or bowling balls.  The issue speaks to the question of whether the integrity of the game has been undermined.

Per a league source, the Patriots officially have been informed of the investigation, and the investigation will be thorough and transparent.  Consequences, if any, will come in the offseason, with a full explanation from the NFL as to what happened and why punishment was (or wasn’t) imposed.

In this specific case, the investigation will focus on whether the balls were properly weighed and measured by officials before the game started, whether anything happened while the balls were in the custody of the referee, and whether anything happened after the balls were given by the referee to the ball attendant.

The ball attendant becomes a key figure in any investigation regarding ball inflation because the ball attendant is an employee not of the league but of the team.

It’s not the only pending investigation that falls into the “integrity of the game” file.  The ongoing investigation regarding the reported use of cellphones on the sidelines by Browns coaches also has attracted special attention from the league office.

In addition to rectifying any potential impact on game integrity, the NFL also will hope to deter others from committing similar violations in the future.  Which means that the punishments, if any, will be aimed in part at sending a message to anyone else who would be inclined to do anything to get an unfair edge.

You're using Florio articles. Are you really that desperate?

If there were justice in the world, Pats would get obliterated. Sadly the world is a very unjust place.

For those of you who are NFL conspiracy theorists, get your tin foil hats ready. NFL loves a good story and Brady coming back and winning won after so long is a "better" story than Seahawks winning 2 straight.

Bill would do any small thing to get an advantage. Its so advanced.  

Our old coach couldn't even properly use the clock let alone think of anything beyond that.

Hey Kleck, in the history of the NFL, can you name a QB who has more playoff wins or more playoff TD passes than this guy?

Totally off topic.  This is a cheating tread.  But maybe they should put an asterisk in your record books.

You're using Florio articles. Are you really that desperate?

"Hey honey! How was your day! Did you get a lot done?"

"Hey Margaret! I did! I spent most of it going on this Jets forum and..."

"The football team?"

"Yeah! So I basically spent the day trying to convince a bunch of strangers who don't give a sh*t that the story about the Patriots today wasn't a national story! Even though it is."

"Uh...so how'd that work out?"

"They didn't care. But hey live to fight another day right?

:pauses:

"I think we need to talk Donnie."

Hey TX, in the history of the NFL, can you name a QB whose accomplishments* are more in question than this guy?

Wake me up when the NFL takes away all his accomplishments, or when he doesn't get in the HOF on the 1st ballot.

Who cares what jealous and envious rival fans think?

Bill would do any small thing to get an advantage. Its so advanced.  

Our old coach couldn't even properly use the clock let alone think of anything beyond that.

Fines and draft picks aren't enough at this point. 

Send those fagholes a message by letting Indy play SB XLIX ... though it won't be as great a game.

We all know what the outcome will be here; insufficient evidence and a slap on the wrist.  

Archived