bradway onWFAN at 5:05

spjets

I wish I could listen in. The Dog and Fatcessa catch a lot of giref, but they do give knock down, drag out interviews, and spare no one.

I bet Dog will ask Bradway about Haslett, and why is he being interviewed in the first place, given his record while there...

I would also like to hear them question him on the comp, and whether that was the best they could get...

I would also like to hear them question him on the comp, and whether that was the best they could get...

At the press confernce at noon, Bradway said he talked to many NFL Execs and they all thought a 4th Rounder was fair comp for Hermie. What BS.

Bradway also said that both he and Woody wanted Hermie back and they would have listened to Herm asking for an extension.

At the press confernce at noon, Bradway said he talked to many NFL Execs and they all thought a 4th Rounder was fair comp for Hermie. What BS.

Bradway also said that both he and Woody wanted Hermie back and they would have listened to Herm asking for an extension.

I saw that, Cat, on the other board. Fatso and Fruitloops, know better. I am sure they will bring up the Jets history, with picks involved for Parcells and Belicheck. Now, I am also sure that they will agree that Herm is nowhere near those coaches in terms of ability. Peter King thought they should have gotten more.

I guess you can argue it either way. I'm curious as to what they think herm is worth...

I think he's alright with his Penny responses, except in regard to his coin. He said that by the start of training camp we'll know if Chad can play football this year.

Doesn't sound as excited as Haslett as people claimed he did in the earlier one.

Good....good

I'm not saying I don't want Penny back. I just want him back 100%, not 90, not 99.

I think some here are blowing the Haslett interview way out of proportion. I'm not going after TB until he makes the pick, unless he really starts dragging his ass

Good....good

I'm not saying I don't want Penny back. I just want him back 100%, not 90, not 99.

I think some here are blowing the Haslett interview way out of proportion. I'm not going after TB until he makes the pick, unless he really starts dragging his a$$

Good call GOB. As much as everyone here makes him out to be a scheming intrinsically evil assclown, he seems to be conducting things in an orderly and logical way.

Bradway did confirm he will be going up to New England to interview Mangini.

Bradway really didnt want to get into it, really didnt want to get into details, so this could be a sign that Mangini is their guy.

Mike and Dog asked about Drob and his knee. Bradway said its pretty much not a big deal, and Drob had other injuries this season. He had a very good season in 2004 yada yada.

Mike and Dog did not ask about Kirk Ferentz, which pissed me off.

Pretty much guaranteed they will bring in a QB to compete with Penny, either a FA or draft pick.

Biggest news of all to us draft followers:

Bradway shut down the idea of drafting a QB at #4.

He pretty much said "right now, I dont see that". Eluded to it having to do maybe do with all the money locked into the QB position.

He pretty much said "right now, I dont see that". Eluded to it having to do maybe do with all the money locked into the QB position.

Maybe Bradway needs to shut his yap. Just because someone asks, doesn't mean you have to answer a question about your future plans. Keep everyone guessing and preserve your leverage in the event of a possible trade down. Hasn't this dingleberry learned anything from the Herm fiasco?

Maybe Bradway needs to shut his yap. Just because someone asks, doesn't mean you have to answer a question about your future plans. Keep everyone guessing and preserve your leverage in the event of a possible trade down. Hasn't this dingleberry learned anything from the Herm fiasco?

Exactly right. You don't hear of Mumbles, Parcells, or any other decent executive/coach telling everyone what they are going to do.

Bradway did confirm he will be going up to New England to interview Mangini.

Bradway really didnt want to get into it, really didnt want to get into details, so this could be a sign that Mangini is their guy.

Mike and Dog asked about Drob and his knee. Bradway said its pretty much not a big deal, and Drob had other injuries this season. He had a very good season in 2004 yada yada.

Mike and Dog did not ask about Kirk Ferentz, which pissed me off.

Pretty much guaranteed they will bring in a QB to compete with Penny, either a FA or draft pick.

Biggest news of all to us draft followers:

Best news all day. Bradway is smart. He now opens the door to for teams to trade up to 4 for a QB ,If one of the big 2 fall. He also said what ive said all yr. We can invest top 4 money into the Qb spot.

Can't do it.

Vilma? he has only been here 2 years..did he not get like a 5 year deal?
he got the typical draft pick 4 year deal i'm pretty sure but why can't the jets do what the giants did with uminyoura and lock up your good young players long term all that does is save you money in the long run.

he got the typical draft pick 4 year deal i'm pretty sure but why can't the jets do what the giants did with uminyoura and lock up your good young players long term all that does is save you money in the long run.

Or the Bengals did in Palmer. I agree it would be a very smart Idea to give Vilma a long term deal.

At this point he cannot be a priority in my eyes. I think you need to work on the aging vets with huge contracts that need to be restructured and then deal with J Abe. Something like this can be done during training camp or even during the season.

At this point he cannot be a priority in my eyes. I think you need to work on the aging vets with huge contracts that need to be restructured and then deal with J Abe. Something like this can be done during training camp or even during the season.
i'm sure they will do all that stuff too.

Next season will be an uncapped year(2007).

If I'm Chad Pennington or Kellen Winslow, I'd worry.

Teams will be able to shed or bring in players big time.

There's also news about each team possibly being allowed to keep, ala basketball two franchise players by allowing them to go over the cap.

A proposal for teams making the playoffs would prevent or hinder them from making free agency moves, unless the players were waived.

Then there's this article I found from profootballweekly.com. Why is it important? Teams, like the Jets, could vanquish players like Chad Pennington from their roster and limit their hit on the cap.

Anyway, just interesting....Read on....It's long but well worth it.

CBA impasse raises new issues

Salary-cap, free-agency rules could change beginning in March

By Jeff Reynolds

Dec. 4, 2005

Nearly three weeks ago, representatives from all 32 teams and the NFL Players Association met in Kansas City to advance discussions geared toward reaching an extension of the current Collective Bargaining Agreement.

The existing CBA runs through the 2007 league year, which begins March 1, 2007, through February

Archived