Lol. Doug Marrone hired as Jags' Asst. HC / OLine Coach

nj meadowlands

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/20/jaguars-hire-doug-marrone-as-assistant-head-coach/

Lol.  Doug Marone.

Jaguars hire Doug Marrone as assistant head coach
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 20, 2015, 12:05 PM EST
marrone2.jpg?w=234AP

When Doug Marrone opted out of his contract as the Bills’ head coach at the end of the season, many league observers figured he must have had a strong indication that he was going to get another head-coaching job elsewhere. It didn’t turn out that way.

Today, Marrone accepted a job as assistant head coach and offensive line coach for the Jaguars, according to multiple reports.

That’s obviously a step down from his previous gig, but Marrone still gets his $4 million 2015 salary from the Bills, as well as whatever the Jaguars are paying him. So don’t feel too sorry for Marrone.

Now the question is whether Marrone can turn around a Jacksonville offensive line that was one of the NFL’s worst last season. If he can, he’ll bolster his reputation and improve his chances of getting another head-coaching job next year. If he can’t, there’s a good chance that the entire coaching staff in Jacksonville will be fired at the end of the 2015 season, and that Marrone will wind up wondering why he walked away from Buffalo.

He still gets a 5 mill paycheck from the Bills. So he is still LOLing his way to the bank.

Exactly; I don't get the joke here.  So he did'nt get a HC job.  He is the assistant HC and if the Jags HC screws up and gets fired (which he probably will) he will positioned to take over. Not to mention jobs will that open up over the next year or two.   All in all if I had to choose between Jacksonville and Buffalo, I think I would choose Jacksonville, lol. 

Exactly; I don't get the joke here.  So he did'nt get a HC job.  He is the assistant HC and if the Jags HC screws up and gets fired (which he probably will) he will positioned to take over. Not to mention jobs will that open up over the next year or two.   All in all if I had to choose between Jacksonville and Buffalo, I think I would choose Jacksonville, lol. 

Assistant HC isn't a real title.

He is the Jaguars OL coach.

He gets 5 million from the Bills and if the Jags offensive line improves his stock will go up next year. If he had stayed with the Bills (And EJ Manuel as his QB) he would have gone 5-11, gotten fired and his stock would plummet.

Way too early to determine Marrone made the right move.

Yup , if Jacksonville has a uptick in offense , especially O line , combined with the impending debacle up in buffalo, marrone could be right back in play for a good job in 2 years.

Assistant HC isn't a real title.

He is the Jaguars OL coach.

I got that; whether it is a real title or not it is part of his title and as another poster wrote, if the Oline improves his stock goes up. He is probably next in line to be HC there, if Bradley Fs up; he gets his $5 million from the Bills plus his OL Coach salary and is now in Jacksonville instead of Buffalo. All things considered it could have been worse. 

"Blah blah blah he gets his money" come up with a better line.  The guy opted out because he thought he would get a better job and it backfired.  He's a douche.

he's got some egg on his face, but he didn't wind up coaching at northwest connecticut state and he is well positioned for a possible HC gig with jacksonville

I, for one, am just grateful we aren't knee deep in a tampering investigation with the bills right now

in the end, that may have scared of some teams

but we are neck deep in a tampering investigation with the Patriots. Woody isn't trained for media talk.. he was like a kid saying things he didnt know not to say.

"Blah blah blah he gets his money" come up with a better line.  The guy opted out because he thought he would get a better job and it backfired.  He's a douche.

Pretty much this. He also ****ed over all his assistants too, as a bunch now don't have jobs. So he gets his 4 million (maybe 2-2.5 after taxes?) and now can coach OLs, a position that regressed the worst in his tenure here, and was a total disaster. We didn't even have a single 100 yard rusher this season in a game.

Hes a conservative tool, and he'll end up just being another random football coach.

Jetblue, you are right. He is the HC in waiting should bradley get canned. 

By the way, who is the gal in your avatar? Totally hypnotic....similar to Savage's avatar....damn....hard to look away. 

LL

Pretty much this. He also ****ed over all his assistants too, as a bunch now don't have jobs. So he gets his 4 million (maybe 2-2.5 after taxes?) and now can coach OLs, a position that regressed the worst in his tenure here, and was a total disaster. We didn't even have a single 100 yard rusher this season in a game.

Hes a conservative tool, and he'll end up just being another random football coach.

Rex is a tool too. Just wait until it's 3rd and 7, the D put themselves in a good position to get the Offense back on the field and then.. BAM! Blown coverage, 54 yard Touchdown. Or when it's 1st and goal and the Bills D have their opponent backed up to the 2 yard line and the D is in position to make a play or aggressively go after the safety and then.. BAM! 98 yard touch down run endzone to endzone. Or when his dry as dirt offense finally musters together a drive good enough to get them in the redzone.. then BAM! Interception for six. I don't know why.. but Buffalo fans REALLY think they have made a significantly positive change. Rex has went 8-8,6-10,8-8 and then 4-12 the last four seasons. You guys went 9-7 this year.... LOGIC.

He still gets a 5 mill paycheck from the Bills. So he is still LOLing his way to the bank.

Yeah I am sure he is, - I am sure he much rather do this than get 8 mill over the next two years that he was under contract for.  he may never get a chance at being a NFL head coach. He is not Parcells who could afford to screw with an owner knowing he would always be in demand. It would not surprise me at all to think that some owners would not give him a shot after treating Pegula like that.

Yeah I am sure he is, - I am sure he much rather do this than get 8 mill over the next two years that he was under contract for.  he may never get a chance at being a NFL head coach. He is not Parcells who could afford to screw with an owner knowing he would always be in demand. It would not surprise me at all to think that some owners would not give him a shot after treating Pegula like that.

In this league if you are young and have a winning season under your belt with a struggling franchise you will have owners lining up. It may not happen this season but his will be a name that will be in circulation for the next few seasons and that's if the people at Jax don't have some future plans for him.

Look at Jack Del Rio.

Archived