YOUR Sean Mannion

Paradis

Sean Mannion - QB - Beavers

Oregon State redshirt senior QB Sean Mannion has looked "undraftable" at Senior Bowl practice, according to CBS Sports' Dane Brugler.

"So far we've seen undraftable QB Sean Mannion in practice. Just like most of his 2014 game film," Brugler tweeted. The Beavers prospect finished with 3,164 passing yards this season to go with 15 touchdowns and eight interceptions. The Beavers won four of their first five games, but just won one game the rest of the way, with Mannion under center. Mannion will be lucky if a team pulls the trigger on him late on Day 3, due to his size (6-foot-5, 229 pounds) and four-year-starter experience.

Why this guy's name keeps getting thrown around as an option is beyond me. Pretty sure i've seen it here in this forum a few times. 

Why this guy's name keeps getting thrown around as an option is beyond me. Pretty sure i've seen it here in this forum a few times.

Lmao, I got scolded by a couple of guys on the main forum who suggested we pass up on Winston and draft Mannion in the 3rd. All because I told them he is absolutely horrible and shouldn't be drafted before the 5th round AT THE EARLIEST.

Lmao, I got scolded by a couple of guys on the main forum who suggested we pass up on Winston and draft Mannion in the 3rd. All because I told them he is absolutely horrible and shouldn't be drafted before the 5th round AT THE EARLIEST.

Mannion is a joke.  So is anyone saying he's a better pro prospect than Winston.

He's Kyle Boller 2.0 - but maybe worse.

I'd rather just get Cody Fajardo as a UDFA who is basically a poor man's Mariota.

I haven't really watched Fajardo much but have heard him described like you said. Brandon Bridge is another kid I like in that mold of a VERY raw athletic QB. Bridge has a terrific arm, size and mobility, he just needs some time with NFL coaches.

I stand by what I have stated.  My Sean Mannion is the developmental prospect that most interest me.  What he has to learn is what you hire a QB coach to correct, not FIX.

Re-watching the Senior Bowl and he's interesting.  He's definitely a pure pocket QB, he doesn't have great

movement skills.  His footwork seems to be inconsistent which causes accuracy issues.  You're right, his 

issues are why a QB coach is on your staff

Re-watching the Senior Bowl and he's interesting.  He's definitely a pure pocket QB, he doesn't have great

movement skills.  His footwork seems to be inconsistent which causes accuracy issues.  You're right, his 

issues are why a QB coach is on your staff

We have Matt Simms on our Roster as a developmental prospect. I can assure you that Sean Mannion is far and away a better prospect. If you build an OL over the next 3 yrs, that kid would be ready to sit behind that OL and cut defenses to pieces. Right now (and he's not ready to lead any NFL team) Mannion does 2 things that Geno Smith who starts in the NFL hasn't learn.

He steps up in the pocket to avoid the pass rush that he feels'

He reads defenses pre snap  and reads the whole field.

He also panics big time when he doesn't have an escape outlet.

he had a decent Senior Bowl yesterday. Better than Bryce Petty imo. 

He had a decent career at State College, but Fans don't like him because he's not your modern day style QB. He can't run .  What he can do is throw the Football and extremely well when he's protected . When he's not protected is when all his flaws come out, because he panics .

Archived