Chan Gailey named new offensive cord per nyj

talontsi194

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s a good hire, because Gailey is creative with his offensive systems, and has a great mind for offense; he simply could not be a successfull head coach. There are far worse options on the market, might I just add.

I like this hire, but I am still a little skeptical of his game plans, play calling in big games, does not have any playoff success, it's actually pretty abysmal. To his defense not once did he go into those playoff games with a Franchise QB so, maybe by some miracle the Jets find a franchise QB under his watch, and see what he can do in the playoffs with one.

If what I've read about him is true I'm excited for the hire. If he can be creative enough maybe run the spread. There might be a chance Geno can be a 15-20 range qb.

There were times Geno would make throws and I'd go wow where has that been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An article the other day I read, that BTW Gailey already sounded like he was our OC, was great to hear him say it's not about stats with offense or scoring offense, but winning offense and winning the game. It made me believe he knows if our D is doing well and the O passing is still slow to come he would lean on running and get the jobs done. Morningwig blew like 4-5 games this past year by not understanding that concept. Geno or even Vick were struggling, so what does he do, he dials up more passing especially in FG range in games we could have won with a few more FGs to get Geno sacked by not rolling him out or running the ball. Sure, we need to get better at passing, but when you consistently have a top 5 running game and top 5-8 D, you can use those to help win and even improve passing. This is not rocket science and OC's like Morningwig should know better. Here's to hoping Gailey does run a winning offense to mesh with our entire team D and STs and help Bowles with a lot of his HC experience. he may not have ever been a great HC, but that experience will help Bowles when needed. 

Gailey

By Glenn Naughton

The New York Jets have announced the hiring of offensive coordinator Chan Gailey following speculation that the long-time coach was entertaining multiple offers to fill the same role elsewhere. Gailey broke in to coaching in 1974 with the Florida Gators and has filled countless roles at multiple levels since that time.

Despite having worked with only one elite quarterback (John Elway in 1989-1990), Gailey has managed to do an excellent job of maximizing the production of the signal callers he has worked with. QB’s such as Miami’s Jay Fiedler, Pittsburgh’s Kordell Stewart, and then-Buffalo Bills quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick enjoyed their most productive seasons under Gailey’s tutelage.

The Jets’ interest in Gailey was reported almost immediately after the team announced the hiring of new head coach Todd Bowles.  With this being Bowles’ first time calling the shots, the Gailey hiring makes sense on multiple levels.  His success with young quarterbacks aside, he also brings five years of head coaching experience that could allow him to assist Bowles in navigating any potential rough patches in his first season at the helm.

You can continue the conversation in our .

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
fzSBTGwtWk8

View the full article

@nyjets: We have named Chan Gailey our offensive coordinator- http://t.co/8UdBAC3oJu http://t.co/jdCPvEsNpp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couldn't feel more that this is a mistake. But it's official, so I'll support him 100%. Hope I'm wrong

It's not that he's not qualified, I think he's a lose cannon. A first time HC needs a guy who's with him no matter what. This guy certainly thinks he knows it all.

Archived