Deflate-Gate \ Patriots Cheating Again Thread: MERGED

indygirl4jets

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure beats being a fan of a 4-12 football team that hasn't even had a winning record in 4 years.

Enjoy the Super Bowl next Sunday.

that's what you don't get.  integrity matters.  honor matters.  sportsmanship matters.  

when the jets win the superbowl, as a fan I don't get a ring.  I don't get a winners share check.  I don't get to go to disneyworld (it's ok, I'm vaccinated)

as a fan all I get is bragging rights.  The past* have been dragged through the mud for a week and exposed as frauds, liars and cheaters

if I was a chowd I wouldn't wear my stuff in public, and I would want belicheat fired

enjoy the shame

Jim Miller just reported Solder TD should not have counted. Pats pushing their shell game again

the shell game is fine, the refs are still behind in enforcing it.  

Just like the eagles offense gets held up to make sure the refs are in place, and mangini's stupid fast subsitution tactic forced the league to stipulate the defense must have time to substitute, if the past* want to send an OT out and keep a WR in they have to give the defense fair time to be notified and adjust

I guess the past* are a soft finesse team when you get down to it, they can't just line up and beat you man on man

I'd like to know what in tarnation you base that assumption on.

I heard a better theory..much better theory on the delay this afternoon, but Goodell hates Belichcik.  He might love Kraft, but Belichick not so much.

I can't wait to see the look on Goodell's face when he is presenting the Lombardi trophy to Kraft and Belichick next Sunday.

Priceless!

We can hope, but this sh*t storm is not going to help.

the NFL is is in full stall mode.  I just saw on the news a 30 second spot is going to cost $4,500,000.00 this year, a record high

goodell is going to protect the ratings at all costs an go ahead with the game

not much I can do except roast chowds and not watch the fiasco

It does not.

However, their job is to ensure the balls are up to league's standard.

It does not make the Patriots innocent.  As Brady professed, he likes it at 12.5 PSI, the equipment guys break then in and he chooses.  I am guessing they come in under 12.5 

After that it is the league responsibility to ensure the ball is within standard two hours before the game. 

If they allow it to go unchecked, not all of the blame is on Brady and the Patriots. 

Do you ever grow tired of having to make the behavior of your franchise "ok" in your mind via rubbish like above??

Sure beats being a fan of a 4-12 football team that hasn't even had a winning record in 4 years.

Nope. It actually doesn't.

I rather be a fan of the worst team in sports than root for a team that has zero respect for the integrity of the game and completely tarnished the sporting world as we know it and has turned the NFL into the WWE,

Like I said, I feel bad for you. You don't deserve this.

NFL investigation of balls in AFC title game led by Pash, Wells

The NFL issued a statement Friday to provide an update on the league's investigation if the Patriots intentionally deflated footballs in the AFC Championship Game against the Colts.

The league announced that the investigation is being led by NFL executive vice president Jeff Pash and Ted Wells, an attorney from the Paul Weiss law firm. Wells was tapped to conduct the league's investigation concerning allegations of workplace misconduct with the Miami Dolphins in November 2013.

The statement is below in full:

"Our office has been conducting an investigation as to whether the footballs used in last Sunday's AFC Championship Game complied with the specifications that are set forth in the playing rules. The investigation began based on information that suggested that the game balls used by the New England Patriots were not properly inflated to levels required by the playing rules, specifically Playing Rule 2, Section 1, which requires that the ball be inflated to between 12.5 and 13.5 pounds per square inch. Prior to the game, the game officials inspect the footballs to be used by each team and confirm that this standard is satisfied, which was done before last Sunday's game.

"The investigation is being led jointly by NFL Executive Vice President Jeff Pash and Ted Wells of the law firm of Paul Weiss. Mr. Wells and his firm bring additional expertise and a valuable independent perspective. The investigation began promptly on Sunday night. Over the past several days, nearly 40 interviews have been conducted, including of Patriots personnel, game officials, and third parties with relevant information and expertise. We have obtained and are continuing to obtain additional information, including video and other electronic information and physical evidence. We have retained Renaissance Associates, an investigatory firm with sophisticated forensic expertise to assist in reviewing electronic and video information.

"The playing rules are intended to protect the fairness and integrity of our games. We take seriously claims that those rules have been violated and will fully investigate this matter without compromise or delay. The investigation is ongoing, will be thorough and objective, and is being pursued expeditiously. In the coming days, we expect to conduct numerous additional interviews, examine video and other forensic evidence, as well as relevant physical evidence. While the evidence thus far supports the conclusion that footballs that were under-inflated were used by the Patriots in the first half, the footballs were properly inflated for the second half and confirmed at the conclusion of the game to have remained properly inflated. The goals of the investigation will be to determine the explanation for why footballs used in the game were not in compliance with the playing rules and specifically whether any noncompliance was the result of deliberate action. We have not made any judgments on these points and will not do so until we have concluded our investigation and considered all of the relevant evidence.

"Upon being advised of the investigation, the Patriots promptly pledged their full cooperation and have made their personnel and other information available to us upon request. Our investigation will seek information from any and all relevant sources and we expect full cooperation from other clubs as well. As we develop more information and are in a position to reach conclusions, we will share them publicly."

The Patriots later released a statement on behalf of owner Robert Kraft.

1.) The equipment guys aren't squeezing two pounds of pressure out of the footballs thru the process of breaking them in.

2.) I think it's highly unlikely that the refs completely ignored the footballs the Patriots provided for their offense, or that they picked up footballs under inflated by two full pounds and didn't notice that something was off. At the very least, they'd check the pressure on a couple of them.

3.) Even if the refs completely failed to do their job, that doesn't absolve Brady or the Patriots at all. If Brady managed to steal a 12" dildo out of the counter right under the nose of an oblivious security guard, that doesn't make him any less of a gay thief. It just means that in addition to punishing the criminal, firing the security guard might be in order.

1)  I am not arguing this point, but we do not know that.  It gets cold an d my car tire loses 10PSI and turns on the alert.  WE do not knnow what they do to them,  Again, I think it is unlikely, but you do not know.

2)  I did not say ignore.  Of all their responsibilities, this is probably not on the top of their list and could be neglected.

3)  Again, no arguments.

Official Patriots Press Release :

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE January 23, 2015

STATEMENT FROM PATRIOTS CHAIRMAN AND CEO ROBERT KRAFT

“On Monday, I received a letter from the league office informing me that they would be conducting an investigation into the air pressure of the game balls. Immediately after receiving the letter, I instructed our staff to be completely cooperative and transparent with the league’s investigators. During the three days they were here, we provided access to every full- and part- time employee the league’s representatives requested to speak with and produced every communication device that they requested to search. It is an ongoing process that the league and our team are taking very seriously. I very much support the league’s desire to conduct a complete investigation and welcome the appointment of Ted Wells to lead the process. Competitive balance and the integrity of the game are the foundation of what makes our league so special and I have the utmost respect for those principles. Our organization will continue to cooperate throughout the league’s investigation. Meanwhile, our players, coaches and staff will continue to focus on our preparations for Super Bowl XLIX and the many challenges we face as we prepare for the Seattle Seahawks.”

--PATRIOTS--

Official Patriots Press Release :

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE January 23, 2015

STATEMENT FROM PATRIOTS CHAIRMAN AND CEO ROBERT KRAFT

“On Monday, I received a letter from the league office informing me that they would be conducting an investigation into the air pressure of the game balls. Immediately after receiving the letter, I instructed our staff to be completely cooperative and transparent with the league’s investigators. During the three days they were here, we provided access to every full- and part- time employee the league’s representatives requested to speak with and produced every communication device that they requested to search. It is an ongoing process that the league and our team are taking very seriously. I very much support the league’s desire to conduct a complete investigation and welcome the appointment of Ted Wells to lead the process. Competitive balance and the integrity of the game are the foundation of what makes our league so special and I have the utmost respect for those principles. Our organization will continue to cooperate throughout the league’s investigation. Meanwhile, our players, coaches and staff will continue to focus on our preparations for Super Bowl XLIX and the many challenges we face as we prepare for the Seattle Seahawks.”

--PATRIOTS--

Wow, what a great bunch of guys up there in Foxboro...we have nothing to worry about. I feel better about it all, now.

Here's the old Panther GM that obviously was screwed out of a Lombardi by these ScumBags.

Former NFL GM questions Patriots ‘culture of cheating’

Not a day has gone by in the nearly 11 years since Carolina lost a nailbiter to New England in Super Bowl XXXVIII that ex-Panthers GM Marty Hurney hasn’t questioned whether the Patriots were cheating. Those questions have turned to anger with DeflateGate, admitting it “really pulls up some pretty big scabs.’’

The Patriots barely escaped with a 32-29 Super Bowl win over Carolina back on Feb. 1, 2004. And now, Hurney – who hosts a weekday talk show on ESPN 730 in Charlotte, and is an ESPN NFL Insider – is seething, wondering if Bill Belichick, Tom Brady & Co. cheated that day, cheated again by deflating balls for Sunday’s AFC Championship game win and cheated on how many days in between.

“There isn’t a day that goes by since (that Super Bowl) that I haven’t questioned … that there were some things done that might’ve been beyond the rules that may’ve given them a three-point advantage,’’ Hurney said Thursday on his show.

“This isn’t about deflating balls … It’s an issue of if there is a culture of cheating at the organization that most people look at as the gold standard in this league. Is there a culture of cheating and breaking the rules?

“And I can’t prove anything, and that’s why I’m very angry. And the anger has come back over the last couple of days that commissioner Roger Goodell decided to shred all of the evidence after ‘Spygate,’ because I think there were a lot of things in there that would bring closure to a lot of people.’’

Modal Trigger

Marty HurneyPhoto: AP

The NFL is currently investigating how 11 of the dozen footballs used by New England in Sunday’s 45-7 rout of Indianapolis in the AFC Championship were significantly under-inflated, and not up to league specifications. But Hurney’s ire isn’t just about deflated balls, or spying, but about rampant – and repeated – cheating.

“To me this isn’t about “DeflateGate.” This isn’t about anything having to do about any particular game last week. And it certainly isn’t fodder to get by the first week before the Super Bowl,’’ said Hurney. “This is about a culture. Is there a culture of cheating at probably what most people look at as the best franchise in the National Football League?’’

It’s looking more and more that way. Back in 2007, the Patriots got caught illegally taping defensive signals from the Jets coaches on the sideline in the season opener. It became known as Spygate and it led to accusations that New England had been cheating that way since 2000. And Hurney, for one, has been told his Panthers were victimized by Patriots cheating as well.

“There are people who swear to me that the Patriots taped our practice down in Houston during Super Bowl week. I can’t prove it. I don’t know,’’ said Hurney. “And I hate talking like this because I feel like a bad loser, but it just gnaws at you and this latest incident brings it back up.

“You go to ‘Spygate’ after our Super Bowl and things came out about a rumor about a video guy, and he had tapes and he goes to Hawaii and kind of disappears … These are all rumors and I can’t substantiate any of this. But it gnaws at you.’’

For his part, Hurney made no alibis for the Panthers’ own faux pas during that 2003 season. Several Panthers reportedly bought steroids from a South Carolina physician, including three of the five starters on the offensive line.

“That was wrong. The organization didn’t know anything about it, and we took steps and we addressed that. We weren’t going to put up with that. (Panthers owner) Jerry Richardson wasn’t going to put up with that,’’ said Hurney. “To me, this isn’t about deflating balls; it’s about a continuing culture of alleged cheating. And to me, everybody’s talking about Bill Belichick and Tom Brady. When is Robert Kraft going to come up and explain why, if they are found guilty of this, why do these things keep happening in this organization?

“They were 6-6 in the playoffs (after Spygate). Now they’re getting to the Super Bowl and you’re saying this is all behind them and this comes up. This isn’t about deflating balls; this is about is there a culture of cheating that they’ll do anything to get an edge. This is a bigger issue, and I think most people are missing the issue. It’s an issue of if there is a culture of cheating at the organization that most people look at as the gold standard in this league. Is there a culture of cheating and breaking the rules?’’

The denial strategy is designed to save the personal reputations of Bellichick and Brady but falls far short of the mark as to the Pats' culpability .  Quite simply, no one else could have done it.  According to all reports, the balls were handed over to the Pats and no one else had access to them.

In the civil law, there is a doctrine called "res ipsa loquitur," which is a latin term which means "the thing speaks for itself."  What it means as a legal principle is that where -- as here -- a particular party has exclusive custody and control of something they are the responsible party for it.  That standard applies in negligence cases, which is not exactly the same as here, but c'mon guys, nobody else had access to the balls.  Who else could have done it?

I think they file ball tampering charges against Woody. I mean, seriously, which balls? We know BeliCHICK and Brady have no balls.

I can't believe the extent Patsie fans are trying to defend their team's action.

I had a Patsie fan over at a general sports talk message board I frequent reply to this comment I made: "Everyone else does it" is the lamest excuse in the world. Everyone else didn't get caught taping signals, everyone else didn't get caught using deflated balls."

This is what he replied to my above comments in quotes:

"No other team was ever caught because no other team was ever investigated...and no other team was ever ratted out by sore losers like Eric Mangini/Jets and whatever team is behind this "complaint" (Ravens is my guess)

NFL culture pretty much dictates you don't rat out another team for doing what the culture requires you to do to be competitive - why do you think we have zero quotes from active players/coaches blaming the Pats on this?

Spygate was the work of one man with a grudge - Eric Mangini - who tattled like a third-grader - and Deflategate is the work of one organization - Baltimore Ravens? - who are so pissed they were outcoached and outplayed (and embarrassed by some trickery) that they decided to get revenge

I would also wager that the NFL is completely pissed about this whistleblowing over something so minor and commonplace as prepping footballs to a QB's liking, yes even tweaking them to your advantage if the refs will allow it (and they did until "someone" complained)

The Pats have a legitimate libel and slander claim on both these issues but I think they will respond on the field Feb 1 - and if I were Seattle I would be pissed that the NFL just gave the Patriots an incredible amount of extra motivation"

Can you believe this guy?

They can't even step up and admit their team was caught cheating, just the same old song and dance about how everyone does it and anyone who they beat with their cheating ways are sore losers and should keep their mouths shut. Basically if the Patsies beat you by cheating, you should just suck it up and do nothing in response...screw the integrity of the NFL.

I rather be a fan of the worst team in sports than root for a team that has zero respect for the integrity of the game and completely tarnished the sporting world as we know it and has turned the NFL into the WWE,

I hope that Tx is just trolling.  I like the guy.  I say no way he feels good about being a Patriot fan right now.  Just doesn't want us to know.

Like when my Dad coached me in Little league (I wasn't that little) caught a foul ball in the face breaking his nose.  Act like nothing happen coached rest of the game with a blood drenched towel on his face.  

Tx is being brave for us.  Trolling despite wanting to curl up in a corner and cry while he burns his Tom Brady signed Uggs in effigy. 

I can't believe the extent Patsie fans are trying to defend their team's action.

I had a Patsie fan over at a general sports talk message board I frequent reply to this comment I made: "Everyone else does it" is the lamest excuse in the world. Everyone else didn't get caught taping signals, everyone else didn't get caught using deflated balls."

"No other team was ever caught because no other team was ever investigated...and no other team was ever ratted out by sore losers like Eric Mangini/Jets and whatever team is behind this "complaint" (Ravens is my guess)

NFL culture pretty much dictates you don't rat out another team for doing what the culture requires you to do to be competitive - why do you think we have zero quotes from active players/coaches blaming the Pats on this?

Spygate was the work of one man with a grudge - Eric Mangini - who tattled like a third-grader - and Deflategate is the work of one organization - Baltimore Ravens? - who are so pissed they were outcoached and outplayed (and embarrassed by some trickery) that they decided to get revenge

I would also wager that the NFL is completely pissed about this whistleblowing over something so minor and commonplace as prepping footballs to a QB's liking, yes even tweaking them to your advantage if the refs will allow it (and they did until "someone" complained)

The Pats have a legitimate libel and slander claim on both these issues but I think they will respond on the field Feb 1 - and if I were Seattle I would be pissed that the NFL just gave the Patriots an incredible amount of extra motivation"

Wow, now that's what you call a spin job.

I'm jealous.

They can't even step up and admit their team was caught cheating, just the same old song and dance about how everyone does it and anyone who they beat with their cheating ways are sore losers and should keep their mouths shut. Basically if the Patsies beat you by cheating, you should just suck it up and do nothing in response...screw the integrity of the NFL.

So his argument is: these hyper competitive teams will do anything to get that edge to win... except let the NFL know when a team or coach is cheating?

Seriously??!!

Wow, now that's what you call a spin job.

I'm jealous.

LOL

All this.

Honestly, every other Pats Super Bowl trip sucked as a Jet fan.  It was awful seeing your biggest rival succeed while you failed.  This year... Nope.  This year it's a joke and I couldn't care less.  If the Pats win, I don't care, and no one will care.  They've been exposed as serial cheaters, have significantly compromised the game, and at this point, I'm simply apathetic.  Let them win the Super Bowl... A handful of people in New England will delude themselves into thinking it matters while the rest of the country just moves on with their lives, not caring one bit.  The damage is already done... The Pats are in a no-win situation.  Win and you get no credit, lose and you get no credit for even being there, and you continue to face the ridicule of not being able to win without cheating.

I'll look forward to next season when perhaps a team that's actually playing the game has a shot.

Being a fan of a team that cheats is any better?? You can defend or brush off the ways they have cheated but its true and everyone knows it. Brady has had the same equipment manager since 01. They have used every cheating way to their advantage. Good luck in the superbowl. You wont be able to manipulate the balls the way Brady likes them. Another loss for the cheating Pats.

After reading thru 7 pages of post, I think TxPat had it nailed on page 2. Some unknown

Ball boy will be thrown under the bus for the good of the organization.

It will go something like this. Well I over heard Tom tell coach Bill that he like the ball a bit softer then we normally have them.

So I took it on myself to accommodate them without there knowledge. I really didn't feel I was doing anything wrong and did not realize I was breaking any rules. I take full responsibility for my actions, and have tended my letter of resignation to the club.

I am truly sorry for bringing any shame and disrespect to this great and honorable franchise.

On Patsfans.com., the overwhelming consensus is that the cold air caused the Pats' footballs to drop in PSI. They've even acknowledged that Indy's footballs were properly inflated, but their "theory" is that while the officials were testing the Pats' balls, Indy's balls had a chance to warm up to room temperature. It's truly astonishing.

After reading thru 7 pages of post, I think TxPat had it nailed on page 2. Some unknown

Ball boy will be thrown under the bus for the good of the organization.

It will go something like this. Well I over heard Tom tell coach Bill that he like the ball a bit softer then we normally have them.

So I took it on myself to accommodate them without there knowledge. I really didn't feel I was doing anything wrong and did not realize I was breaking any rules. I take full responsibility for my actions, and have tended my letter of resignation to the club.

I am truly sorry for bringing any shame and disrespect to this great and honorable franchise.

I think they blame the officials for putting the balls in play

I'm with you.  Cookies keeps dissapearing in my house when Im alone and I always get blamed.  I even hide the wrappers in the neighbors trash but Mrs Crusher keeps asking, "If not you then who Fatass?"  I need to get a dog.

Don't worry, Mrs. Crusher has no concrete evidence, only speculation.

Archived