David Lee Throws Geno Under The Bus

Jet9

Uh....you're the QB Coach dude. 

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/48762/former-qbs-coach-david-lee-says-geno-smiths-mistakes-killed-us?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

"Rex and I talked about it. [smith] had some inconsistency, and the up-and-down part is what killed us," Lee said. "He would get loose with the football. We played good enough defense to win over there both years, but his play, it'll cost you and it cost us. But he also did some great things. The last five games this season he was the seventh-rated passer in the league. He had a perfect passer rating in his last game at Miami. The potential and ability is there." 

Good luck with EJ.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Except that HE'S the QB coach. I'm no Geno fan, but Lee sounds like an incompetent making excuses. 

Hes blaming a rookie/2nd year qb for making mistakes lol why was he the starter if he was that bad? who made that decision?

F*ck him.

Hey, guess what, dumbass? Geno is better than EJ Manuel. Have fun with that, a$$hole.

EJ Manuel is anything but an a$$ (you finish the rest).  He smart, hard worker and will get there in time.  I doubt he'll be starting QB this season but don't discount him as a failure 

Except that HE'S the QB coach. I'm no Geno fan, but Lee sounds like an incompetent making excuses.

Geno is an adult.... He carrys the ball out, late in his second season.

he is much more responsible for his issues than Lee.

Are you implying Lee should have held Genos nuts hostage and sliced them for every pick?

Im sure he did all he could.

No ..... still learning how to navigate on this board... haven't used this format in a while

That's not a board thing. It is more of an English language thing. I was not speaking of Manuel's character, I was speaking of Lee's. Lee is an a$$hole. EJ is just a terrible QB.

That's not a board thing. It is more of an English language thing. I was not speaking of Manuel's character, I was speaking of Lee's. Lee is an a$$hole. EJ is just a terrible QB.

Don't know anything about Lee. EJ will get there.

While much of what Lee commented on

Is accurate, he is the one ultimately responsible.

Yet more then Lee or Geno, Marty is the one who should be really called on the carpet. What we saw was an OC force his players to fit his system. What we should have seen, especially with a young rookie was, a OC fit a system to his players talent.

It's my hope that this will be the approach Chan will take next season. Upon which we will know for sure that Geno was with the wrong coach or just doesn't have the talent to be a starter in the NFL.

The problem is he shouldnt have said anything to begin with.

Not saying either of you are wrong. He is clearly blaming Geno. While he was wrong to say it, IMO he wasn't wrong in what he said. 

Not saying either of you are wrong. He is clearly blaming Geno. While he was wrong to say it, IMO he wasn't wrong in what he said. 

He must have had something to say about deciding on the starter also. he conveniently said something negative about Geno to cover his own incompetence. he should have just kept his mouth shut.

Archived