David Lee Throws Geno Under The Bus

Jet9

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on what? A genie and three wishes?

Marrone didn't want  EJ.  Rex is committed to develop him.    We just hired Todd Downing from the Detroit Lions on Friday as QB Coach.   By the way,  I like your comment:  "a genie and  three wishes?"   LOL

Marrone didn't want  EJ.  Rex is committed to develop him.    We just hired Todd Downing from the Detroit Lions on Friday as QB Coach.   By the way,  I like your comment:  "a genie and  three wishes?"   LOL

The problem is Rex needs to be paired up with either a good qb or a good OC to be successful.  He had neither with the Jets and he definitely doesn't have that in buffalo.

Rex is just a glorified DC and he lets the OC do whatever they want which is exactly what you don't want to happen when the OC is Schitty or Soprano.

While much of what Lee commented on

Is accurate, he is the one ultimately responsible.

Yet more then Lee or Geno, Marty is the one who should be really called on the carpet. What we saw was an OC force his players to fit his system. What we should have seen, especially with a young rookie was, a OC fit a system to his players talent.

It's my hope that this will be the approach Chan will take next season. Upon which we will know for sure that Geno was with the wrong coach or just doesn't have the talent to be a starter in the NFL.

Thought the beginning of this was haiku.

The problem is Rex needs to be paired up with either a good qb or a good OC to be successful.  He had neither with the Jets and he definitely doesn't have that in buffalo.

Rex is just a glorified DC and he lets the OC do whatever they want which is exactly what you don't want to happen when the OC is Schitty or Soprano.

We hired Greg Romn as our OC.  I think he's good.

We hired Greg Romn as our OC.  I think he's good.

I suppose he's fine but I don't know how much control Harbaugh had over the offense in Frisco.  I'm guessing Harbaugh pretty much ran that show and called all the plays.

As far as qb goes Buffalo is in the same situation we are.

nothing he said is wrong

Except for the fact that he said it. He didn't make a peep here, when he was Geno's coach. Now he's in Buffalo, with a new gig, and a new chapter to write... and he's focused on the Jets and politicking to make sure everyone knows Geno was to blame, not him.

This is Rex's M.O., not surprised at all to see his cronie assistance mirroring the delusional self-absorption.

All he said was that Geno was inconsistent and loose with the football. Everyone knows this was true, he was a turnover machine. Lee then complimented Geno on his improvement over the last 5 games and talked about his potential. Hardly throwing anyone under the bus.

All he said was that Geno was inconsistent and loose with the football. Everyone knows this was true, he was a turnover machine. Lee then complimented Geno on his improvement over the last 5 games and talked about his potential. Hardly throwing anyone under the bus.

You aren't interpreting it right. The first part of the statement means "Rex and the rest of us lost our jobs because of Geno", and the rest of it means "GFY Jets you should keep starting him".

"Geno had his ups and downs during my time with the Jets. He made some mistakes here and there, as any young QB would. He's young and has potential. But I'm happy for the opportunity now here in Buffalo......." 

You aren't interpreting it right. The first part of the statement means "Rex and the rest of us lost our jobs because of Geno", and the rest of it means "GFY Jets you should keep starting him".

Rex and his crew got a fresh new 5 year contract because Geno was so bad they could scapegoat him and cover up their crappy coaching. They should send Geno a thank you note.

You got to fix that, Rex lets the OC do whatever he wants as long as it involves running the ball and the wildcat, if the OC fails Rex claims no responsibility whatsoever. 

What a effin loser. See this is why we still do not know what we have in Geno. Rex did force the offense to be super conservative and run the wildcat, and only concentrate on not turning the ball over, a philosophy that causes more turnovers.

But this guy is his coach, one of the most important relationships on the team, and he decided not coach the guy, and now he is blaming the season on Geno. F him a million times over. So glad this loser is gone and whoever we have at QB can get some REAL coaching.

We do have a good OC - we just hired Greg Roman from the 49er's.  We'll get a good starting QB too

I suppose he's fine but I don't know how much control Harbaugh had over the offense in Frisco.  I'm guessing Harbaugh pretty much ran that show and called all the plays.

As far as qb goes Buffalo is in the same situation we are.

Yes,  our QB needs help -  We will definitely hire 1 maybe 2 QB's for the 2015 season.

Greg Roman was one of our prospects for HC.  The Pegulas and staff intereviewed him before they interviewed Rex.   They liked Roman.

That's all well and good. 

Take this however you want: I actually don't hate Buffalo. I don't love them, but they're alright. that said, I think you guys are looking at a few lean years. I don't think your owner is all that and you have Rex now. If I'm a Bills fan I'm not happy right now. Roman is probably the only one worth a damn. You're going to hate Rex and your owner in a year. 

Nothing Lee said is controversial.  Smith did kill us with his inconsistent play.  What will be

interesting to see is if Smith looks any better if Gailey incorporates the "spread" into our

offense.  If Smith does improve it will be a mark against Lee/Mornhinweg because they

forced him into being a "West Coast" QB

That's all well and good. 

Take this however you want: I actually don't hate Buffalo. I don't love them, but they're alright. that said, I think you guys are looking at a few lean years. I don't think your owner is all that and you have Rex now. If I'm a Bills fan I'm not happy right now. Roman is probably the only one worth a damn. You're going to hate Rex and your owner in a year. 

I maybe over optimistic but I am looking to make the playoffs this year.  Like I mentioned earlier, our defense is good.  I have faith in Greg Roman and Rex already said that Greg will pretty much have free rein over the OL.  Both Greg and Rex are in Mobile, Alabama right now.  What do you think of Bryce Petty?  Wouldn't mind having him.

It seems that Buffalo has two QB coaches. 

Archived