David Lee Throws Geno Under The Bus

Jet9

I think it's just Todd Downing.  Who else are you thinking?

(AP) -- David Lee has been hired as the quarterbacks coach for the Buffalo Bills. He returns to Buffalo after spending the past two seasons as the New York Jets quarterbacks coach under coach Rex Ryan, who was hired as the new Bills coach.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(AP) -- David Lee has been hired as the quarterbacks coach for the Buffalo Bills. He returns to Buffalo after spending the past two seasons as the New York Jets quarterbacks coach under coach Rex Ryan, who was hired as the new Bills coach.

Okay,  thank you.  I thought Lee was hired as an  Offense Coordinator.  Is Lee good?  How does he treat his players?

I maybe over optimistic but I am looking to make the playoffs this year.  Like I mentioned earlier, our defense is good.  I have faith in Greg Roman and Rex already said that Greg will pretty much have free rein over the OL.  Both Greg and Rex are in Mobile, Alabama right now.  What do you think of Bryce Petty?  Wouldn't mind having him.

I don't know a whole lot about him. I know a lot of guys on here like him. Truthfully I hate reading scouting reports, mock drafts, etc... They tend to have piss poor track records.

I remember thinking the 2 best QBs in last years draft were Carr and Bortles. Looks like it was actually Carr and Bridgewater. But whatever, I came to that conclusion by watching them.

I also don't start looking at the YouTube stuff until March when it comes to guys I don't know. And even that is murky waters.

Quite the rambling response. But I manage a bar and I'm halfway in to a Founders Dirty Bastard.

I don't know a whole lot about him. I know a lot of guys on here like him. Truthfully I hate reading scouting reports, mock drafts, etc... They tend to have piss poor track records.

I remember thinking the 2 best QBs in last years draft were Carr and Bortles. Looks like it was actually Carr and Bridgewater. But whatever, I came to that conclusion by watching them.

I also don't start looking at the YouTube stuff until March when it comes to guys I don't know. And even that is murky waters.

Quite the rambling response. But I manage a bar and I'm halfway in to a Founders Dirty Bastard.

Thank you for your input.  Enjoy your night at work.  

I maybe over optimistic but I am looking to make the playoffs this year.  Like I mentioned earlier, our defense is good.  I have faith in Greg Roman and Rex already said that Greg will pretty much have free rein over the OL.  Both Greg and Rex are in Mobile, Alabama right now.  What do you think of Bryce Petty?  Wouldn't mind having him.

Needs a lot of work from what I've seen of him. After Mariota and Winston, the qb crop is pretty crappy.

Hes blaming a rookie/2nd year qb for making mistakes lol why was he the starter if he was that bad? who made that decision?

Idzick made that decision.

No one on the team, or the coaching staff wanted anything to do with Geno since the moment we signed Vick

I read this somewhere else, but I thought was fitting.  Isn't it weird to have a QB coach who is most famous for taking the QB out of the play?   

Lee seems like a useless guy, much like Lal.  Someone who seems to just have friends in the league, but hasn't really done much with most of the talent they have been given.  I think at one point, Lee was actually brought in by the Bills to work with Fitzpatrick, and he regressed badly.  Not like Sanchez or Geno did much under his watch either.  So I guess I'm not too upset about Lee throwing Geno under the bus, because if he's right about it, it'd be a rare occurrence.  

nothing he said is wrong

Agreed, but he didn't have to put it so bluntly and put the losses on one guy. A lot of things didn't work over the past couple of years, it wasn't just the QB play. The DB's sucked, the O-Line struggled bigtime in '13/14, we didn't exactly have elite receivers then either. Special teams sucked. Either way, this guy had dozens of QB's to work with, none of them developd so maybe he should look in the mirror, maybe he's gonna see why things didn't work out. Maybe he had something to do with it. And for everything he said, that pretty much applies to EJ Manuel. 10 times at least. I mean he was even worse, even more inconsistent. So what's the point.

this guy had dozens of QB's to work with, none of them developd so maybe he should look in the mirror, maybe he's gonna see why things didn't work out. Maybe he had something to do with it. And for everything he said, that pretty much applies to EJ Manuel. 10 times at least. I mean he was even worse, even more inconsistent. So what's the point.

Dear David,

dysfunctiondemotivator.jpg

GFY.

Sincerely,

Vinny, Drew, Chad, Chad, Ryan, Mark, Michael, and Geno, 

Geno Smith stinks. David Lee is absolutely correct. 

He can play great in the city of Miami (his hometown) but he plays like garbage everywhere else. It means he has the talent what he lacks is the mental fortitude. 

I have absolutely zero faith in this player. None. if he's the starting QB of the 2015 Jets, I'll take a pass on watching. He's that terrible. He's never getting better. He's Geno Friggin Smith. I've seen enough. 

The guy is obviously a boot licking idiot if he thinks we played good enough D the last two years to win.  As I've said before, Rex Ryan aside the Jets have had the worst set of assistants in the leauge for a number of years.  And beautifully rex has scooped pretty well all of them up.

The great thing is that a lot of what was argued about this past season, will be resolved next season.

Geno Smith hasn't been a good QB.  Now he has an OC with a track record of getting the most out of his QB's.  If Geno is still bad a football, maybe he's too bad at it to be helped. 

There were tons of arguments about the CB's.  Now we have another HC who NEEDS CB's.  If Walls, Williams, and Adams aren't playing at a much higher level, we'll know that they weren't great players.  If Bowles coaches them up and they're much improved, it's on the last regime for not getting it done.

David Lee may not be the world's greatest QB coach, but on this is right. How can you work with any adult American male who fights with stewardesses and cannot figure out the time difference between NY and California. 

SImply Geno Smith is a worthless POS.He was only in the lineup because Rex Ryan is a dumb coward about offense and Idzik wanted his pick to play.  And nobody should be fooled by Smith's annual decent December game or 2 against tomato can teams who already have their contractor bags filled. Smith blows chunks. 

First of all David Lee talking QB's with Rex must have been an exercise in futility for Lee and really, really confusing for Rex. First of all Rex was probably wondering who this guy was that was talking to him about OFFENSE. That must have been a short conversation. Something like, "Rex, Geno doesn't seem to get it when I tell him to audible out of bad plays," to which Rex replies, "Who the hell are you? Get the f-out of my office. Who the hell is Geno?"

Too bad he sucked with sanchez too. He has learned well from rex, master bus tosser

I get the complaints about Lee's comments and I do think it's funny for a QB coach to rip the QB for mistakes, but Geno and Sanchez...how many times did we see each of them throw in to double/triple coverge, or just throw to a guy who was blanketed one on one?  I seriously doubt Shcotty, Sparano, MM, or Lee were telling their QB's to "let er rip when you see your receiver enveloped in defenders". 

like I said, this season we find out if it was the QB or the coaching. 

Side note...WTF is wrong with me? I just had to edit this post because I used "there" instead of "their"...that's one of my biggest pet peeves and I think I've done it three times over the past month or so.  Losing my mind?

Archived