DO THE NY JETS GO AFTER BIG BEN OR OTHER TOP VETERAN QB

mattyh3000

Big Ben in a Jets uniform would be unbelievable

I'd definitely take him as our QB.....no question Ben is better than anyone else we've had at QB since Vinny in 98, but there's no way Pittsburgh would release or trade him IMO short of another rape allegation....and even then I wouldn't be sure they'd cut him.

When you have a SB winning, franchise QB you don't get rid of him. No way the Steelers would let Ben go without an excellent plan B in place.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I'm willing to go Foles/Glennon, Draft Pick, Geno.

Buh-bye Simms. I wanted you to shine but you just don't have it.

This is probably the most realistic option. I think Philly holds on to Foles unless they somehow get Mariotta though.

There is still a long way from now until the draft and a lot can happen with the combine, etc so you never know if Mariotta or Winston will be available at 6 (even though at the moment it doesn't look probable). I don't watch much college football, and only know the basics on both prospects, but if McCaggnan is willing to take a shot on one of them I'm all for it.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Sanchez had way more talent around him the Geno, the last 2 years he had Geno level talent and was an abomination.

I agree, that Sanchez is better, but pretending that Sanchez didn't have a good team around him when they went 2x to the AFCG is absurd

I never said Sanchez didn't have a good team we had a top running game and a top defense the only thing we really lacked was a TE with Balls and a Top end WR then when we lost guys like Moore and Woody and Edwards the jets decided it was ok to bring in criminals and malcontents to fill the WR spots and bring in absolutely terrible players on the O-line off the street. We could have made a big move for the SB in year 3 with Sanchez but the personnel was handled horribly. Geno in year one had garbage just like Sanchez did in year 4 but in year 2 Geno had more than capable talent at both RB and WR and he stunk and will continue to stink. I think Macagnan and Bowles know that and will act accordingly they certainly wont come out in a presser and say OMG Geno stinks even though they probably know it to be true.

We don't know how they feel about this years draft prospects so they may grab a stop gap player like Matt Moore or go for a more long term option like Foles if the word is true that Kelly wants Mariota. I guess we will just have to see how it plays out I just hope they see Geno for what he is and move on.

Big Ben would be a dream--- any QB of that caliber would be.  I'm on the Glennon bandwagon and drafting someone.  As a Jets fan, we all have optimism and patience, thinking a player will improve, but after the last few years, I, along with most others, realized our players don't seem to improve and Geno will always suck so we definitely need someone.  I think Locker is a good QB from what I've seen.  He tore us up in Tennessee a few years ago but then again we seem to make a lot of random QBs look like f'n Montana in his prime. With that said, Locker's career completion % is 57.5 so it's probably not a better option than Geno.  Who knows what Gailey will do.  Sure, he's done things with other teams but every situation is different.

Only acceptable bc your name is, The Troll.

2:1 TD/INT ratio and was the QB for all but one of the Bucs' wins the last two seasons. He's young and has shown he can play. Certainly a much better option than the Hoyers and Lockers of the world, and I'd take him over any QB in this draft.

You know Matt Moore isn't a horrible idea either.

As far as draft licks go though, I look at the NFL starting QBs and see very very few first rounders. I'm also positive that 2nd+ rounders don't get the same time or effort put in by the organizations.

Matt Moore is horrible, I'd rather bring back Tebow

Seriously, he is a JAG

Here is a name that may become avail, Jake Locker

You don't want Moore because he's a JAG but want Locker  :o

JN can't go one week without somebody starting a thread and trotting out the same JAG parade of losers like Locker, Bradford, McCoy, Glennon, Grossman, Schaub, Moore  ... 

A stockpile of JAG QBs won't make this team better, won't take us to the next level, and fans that want them are the same fans that expect us to make the playoffs every year.

Mariota may be available, he's stock may have slumped some since the National Championship game. A lot of media outlets talking about jameis Winston going 1.Philly may trade up to gab Mariota, which means Marky Mark, and Foles will be available. I'd like to see Foles in a Jet Uni.

2:1 TD/INT ratio and was the QB for all but one of the Bucs' wins the last two seasons. He's young and has shown he can play. Certainly a much better option than the Hoyers and Lockers of the world, and I'd take him over any QB in this draft.

No Troll, Matt Moore is taking us to the promised land

My top choice as well...go get Glennon.

If I remember correctly, you were willing to offer a 3rd rd. pick for Glennon. That would leave us only with a 1st,2nd,5th and 6th rd. pick this year. I don't see Maccagnan

doing this. Now if Glennon got cut... then I'd be on board for this. Kid's got upside, but I don't see Mac pulling that trigger... nor TB releasing Glennon fwiw

Really don't see the promise in Glennon if he had anything to show the Bucs wouldn't be #1 overall and going QB. Glennon and every QB from last year's draft is a bust.

Glennon played well as a rookie and was benched before the Bucs even had a training camp.  Lovie gave him zero opportunity to compete.  The kid beat the Seahawks as a rookie and IIRC colmpled 66% of his passes against that secondary.  He showed enough as a rookie that any team with an ounce of sense would have given him the job in year two to see if he could build on that.  Lovie screwed that kid over.

If I remember correctly, you were willing to offer a 3rd rd. pick for Glennon. That would leave us only with a 1st,2nd,5th and 6th rd. pick this year. I don't see Maccagnan

doing this. Now if Glennon got cut... then I'd be on board for this. Kid's got upside, but I don't see Mac pulling that trigger... nor TB releasing Glennon fwiw

We need a QB, don't we? Is that not worthy of a draft pick?

Just stupid to hoard that third round pick we could use to get Glennon, then turn around and draft someone like Bryce Petty in the 2nd round that has never played in a pro style offense. What's better: a young guy that's had NFL success with a third rounder or a developmental prospect with a second rounder? Come on, now.

We need a QB, don't we? Is that not worthy of a draft pick?

Just stupid to hoard that third round pick we could use to get Glennon, then turn around and draft someone like Bryce Petty in the 2nd round that has never played in a pro style offense. What's better: a young guy that's had NFL success with a third rounder or a developmental prospect with a second rounder? Come on, now.

Bryce Petty is labeled a project in my eyes. He's a project because he has to read adjust everything and he could pan out and he could not. But a 2nd is WAY to soon to be picking players like that. the earliest I say is the 5th. The last two projects we had with 2nd round picks were Hill and Vlad. No thank you.

Bryce Petty is labeled a project in my eyes. He's a project because he has to read adjust everything and he could pan out and he could not. But a 2nd is WAY to soon to be picking players like that. the earliest I say is the 5th. The last two projects we had with 2nd round picks were Hill and Vlad. No thank you.

Right, but the point is essentially the same.  We need a QB, so what does it matter if we use a pick to trade for one that has NFL experience, or use one to draft a QB who has no NFL experience.  Either way, you're spending a pick on a QB but one option gives you a guy who has showed the ability to succeed in the  NFL.

Archived