Francessa: Jets have more talent that Colts.....except at QB.

Warfish

Agree, disagree?  This seems to fly in the face of the oft-quoted "Rex had no talent to work with" claim.

I don't want to get into yet another Rex debate, but with the talent we had we should have won 7-8 games. And this was year 2 of a 3 year rebuild. If Rex could have eliminated the ridiculous penalties we watched over and over for 6 years and he would have been more flexible with his defensive scheme he would still be coach going into year 3 of the rebuild with 40-50 million in cap room.

Agree, disagree?  This seems to fly in the face of the oft-quoted "Rex had no talent to work with" claim.

While I agree 100%, the QB difference is huge.

I do think a better coach would have had the Jets at least 8-8 or 9-7 this year though, Rex and his clown staff were absolutely atrocious this year.

nah. they have better LBs and a much better secondary.

they are better than the jets at key positions, while the jets are better at the marginal, 1% positions that don't make a huge difference. the wonderful legacy left behind by rex ryan.

When you cannot stop the run, it destroys a lot of other advantages.  The Colts D-lineman are pussywillows.  A slug like Blount bowled them over.

This. And the difference having an Andrew Luck as your QB as oppose to a Geno Smith is ginormous.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

So swapGeno with Luck, and the Jets are in the Super Bowl?  Im sincerely asking.  And if so, then Rex is a great HC that got saddled mostly his own fault with horrendous QB play, and if he lucked into an Andrew Luck would be HC for life here?

I like Rex, but I also know he had to be fired, it just wasn't going to work here anymore.  Rex plus elite QB probably equal Super Bowl, but insert coach, and Elite QB means Super Bowl for most HC's.

So swapGeno with Luck, and the Jets are in the Super Bowl? Im sincerely asking. And if so, then Rex is a great HC that got saddled mostly his own fault with horrendous QB play, and if he lucked into an Andrew Luck would be HC for life here?

I like Rex, but I also know he had to be fired, it just wasn't going to work here anymore. Rex plus elite QB probably equal Super Bowl, but insert coach, and Elite QB means Super Bowl for most HC's.

Yeah I wouldn't say definitely SB, but definitely playoffs IMO.....and once you get in, and you're capable of playing D and running the ball you have a shot against anyone.

It was time for Rex to go.....but if we got Luck instead of Sanchez then no question Rex is still here and we're going to the playoffs....add in a couple corners and we're a legit SB threat.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I agree Fitzpatrick looks like a logical pick up, plus it will elevate the Jet I.Q no end, we will be top of the Q.B quiz show, with Geno holding his books.

I keep seeing Fitzpatrick brought up but I wonder if Fitzpatrick is the reason gaily got fired. He was playing great in buffalo but as soon as he got paid he collapsed. It was an awful signing and gaily may have paid for it with his job. Something tells me he might not want Fitzpatrick.

I keep seeing Fitzpatrick brought up but I wonder if Fitzpatrick is the reason gaily got fired. He was playing great in buffalo but as soon as he got paid he collapsed. It was an awful signing and gaily may have paid for it with his job. Something tells me he might not want Fitzpatrick.

He may not want Fitzpatrick now, but  let's see how he feels after looking at Geno.

in hindsight, it really is kinda ridiculous that we went 4-12, the team really isnt that bad

i mean apart from corner and qb we have talented players

our OL isnt terrible, probably middle of the pack, WRs arent bad, we have good running backs, TE is eh but still

we probably couldve won at least 4 or 5 more games this year

i think its a testament to bad coaching and very few lucky breaks (like some of the breaks we got last year)

The two positions that killed the Jets. Revolving players at corner and a awful QB.

Probably 7-9 with "better" secondary play.

The two positions that killed the Jets. Revolving players at corner and a awful QB.

Probably 7-9 with "better" secondary play.

No team is winning many games with worst QB play in NFL.  Had to be some talent there to keep some games close, but another 20+ turnover season and 4th/5th string CB's starting....4 wins is what you get.  With a good QB and improved CB play, they can become a 10 win team.  QB is that important, and for a defense that loves to blitz, CB's are almost as important.

No team is winning many games with worst QB play in NFL. Had to be some talent there to keep some games close, but another 20+ turnover season and 4th/5th string CB's starting....4 wins is what you get. With a good QB and improved CB play, they can become a 10 win team. QB is that important, and for a defense that loves to blitz, CB's are almost as important.

7-9 in spite of Geno but the revolving door at secondary gives you 4 wins. The offense in whole was a mess...

Archived