Boycott the SuperBowl

Integrity28

Seriously.

If insufficient discipline is in place in time for the game. Don't tune in.

It's the least entertaining game of the football season for real football fans anyway, and this whole Patriots thing can serve as the catalyst for a boycott that allows fans to take part of the game back. Roger Goodell's NFL has been all about the owners, but not all owners, the ones that help him politically. 

Not about the fans.

The only way to truly see this change is to hit the NFL goliath where it hurts, in the advertising dollars. Boycotting the SuperBowl would effectively hurt ratings, and in turn advertising dollars. It could actually make a difference.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously.

It's the least entertaining game of the football season for real football fans anyway, and this whole Patriots thing can serve as the catalyst for a boycott that allows fans to take part of the game back. Roger Goodell's NFL has been all about the owners, but not all owners, the ones that help him politically. 

Not about the fans.

The only way to truly see this change is to hit the NFL goliath where it hurts, in the advertising dollars. Boycotting the SuperBowl would effectively hurt ratings, and in turn advertising dollars. It could actually make a difference.

Im in.. Cept halftime Katie Perry and like Boobs and stuff.

Seriously.

Not about the fans.

70% of the folks watching the Super Bowl don't even know there is air in a football.

70% of the folks watching the Super Bowl don't even know there is air in a football.

it's not 70%, but you do have a point, lots of casual people watch the game.

Speaking of which; how do you think those casual fans feel about Ray Rice, AP, and now this? But yeah, some pink hand towels will solve all that. NFL is screwing themselves here. 

No

Okay, you and the housewives tune in. 

This is ridiculous.  Some baseless accusations are made of Brady and Belichick and we're supposed to boycott the Super Bowl?

Maybe we should watch the Pooper Bowl next year when the winless Jets face the winless Bills

Baseless? LOL

I think I'll watch the Super Bowl as usual. But it is so clear that the NFL needs to take action. The ball lost 15% of its air while the Colts balls did not. The Pats punishment should exceed the Saints bounty punishment. The NFL is a fraud if they just take a draft pick.

Lol. You guys need to stop. The jealousy of the Pats around here is hilarious.

I'm not jealous. I care about the big picture, and rather than whining out the same anti-Pats cliches we're seeing in other threads, I'm taking it to the next level. This is about Goodell now, if he'd done his job well the first time he got the chance to be the "sheriff" then we're not even talking about this.

What's more American that boycottin' the machine? 

Lol. You guys need to stop. The jealousy of the Pats around here is hilarious.

Most football fans worth a sh*t would be saying this about any team. Especially any team caught twice like NE.

BTW, go visit the rest of the internet, you'll find pissed off fans from all the other 31 teams. 

Americans arent really the boycotting type

besides, why would i boycott a game in which the patriots get crushed

to send a message that we hate what Roger Goodell is doing to a sport-THE LAST sport left, that a lot of us still even just watch. 

It's probably not a bad idea to avoid any product with the term Super Bowl on it. It's advertisers will get that message. Watching the game won't matter all that much.

The ratings reports will show a huge dip, it will absolutely impact ad sales for the following years. It'll hurt them, make no mistake.

The ratings reports will show a huge dip, it will absolutely impact ad sales for the following years. It'll hurt them, make no mistake.

It would. Both will hurt. I already picked up my MLB fantasy magazine. It's time I lay off football for a while - but that's just me.

Seriously.

Not about the fans.

planned on it before hand. taking the family to Disney that week. purposely not going to the magic kingdom for Mondays parade. this jets season took its toll on me

I'm sure 10 random Jets fans skipping out on the Super Bowl is gonna really be a wake-up call for the NFL.

The Seahawks are going to make the Patriots hold their shirt, in much the same way they made Denver their bitch last year and I, for one, and going to love every second of it.

I'm sure 10 random Jets fans skipping out on the Super Bowl is gonna really be a wake-up call for the NFL.

The Seahawks are going to make the Patriots hold their shirt, in much the same way they made Denver their bitch last year and I, for one, and going to love every second of it.

I think you're missing my point. I'm not under some delusion that if JN posters all boycott the SB that it'll make a difference. However, if you know anything about how grassroots movements work, if this IDEA were to be carried to all of our respective network connections, and then all of theirs, and so on... it's feasible that a point could be made.

The problem with this country, amongst many, is that it's more important to people not to tune out for 3 hours than it is to stand for something.

Archived