I liked what I heard from new HC/GM on WFAN interview (link)

SouthernJet

they need a bad cop/ cap guy.  I like what he said, but you can see agents leading him around by his nose

I was kind of poking fun at the people clamoring for the GM of RAW is WAR because Mac sounds like a normal, reserved dude. 

I don't think he's going to be a push over. It's the quiet guys you have to watch out for anyway. 

you don't negotiate a firing.   I'v read a bunch of rumors he is bringing in a cap guy who I would imagine would also be the closer

Former Jaguar GM Gene Smith has been mentioned as a possibility to join Mac as an assistant GM or a key role in the front office, apparently Mac is close to Smith, and mentioned him during his introduction PC

I am hoping it doesn't, the shelf life of GM's in this town is 2 years and if they are not quick of the gate than somebody puts up a billboard wanting your firing,

Oh stop it already. Are you a relative of Idz or something?

Tell me the last GM the Jets fired after 2 years? Now tell me how long Bradway was in the GM role and how long was Tanny in that role? Care to retract the 2 year statement?

Former Jaguar GM Gene Smith has been mentioned as a possibility to join Mac as an assistant GM or a key role in the front office, apparently Mac is close to Smith, and mentioned him during his introduction PC

that's the name I heard.  I haven't seen his name in the press recently.  I wonder whats up

Are you a JETS fan or a Bills fan ?

been a Jets fan since the 70"s, how about you? Let me guess 2 years.

What's the Bills got to do with anything? Oh let me guess, anyone who liked Rex is now a Bills fan. More great deductive reasoning there.

Oh stop it already. Are you a relative of Idz or something?

Tell me the last GM the Jets fired after 2 years? Now tell me how long Bradway was in the GM role and how long was Tanny in that role? Care to retract the 2 year statement?

Oh..yeah...Bradyway...Tanny....Idzik....same person.

If i want to carry this conversation along further I would have asked how long will you give the new guy. But I won't. Enjoy your weekend.

I seemed to have cock blocked a lot of honeymooners here. It's all so rosy in the beginning. Enjoy the new GM.

It was just a question. I remember how everyone thought Idzik was the greatest hire. Practically had him in the ring of honor.

I have noticed the same pattern, but I feel it's different this time. I feel Bowles is a little of all of them but also his own. He comes off as a motivational guy that won't have to run his mouth to get guys to listen. Definitely more personality than Mangini (but his personality was as flat as a sidewalk), and smarter than Herm. Seems like he speaks with his actions too.

I also feel like they didn't swing the pendulum all the way with this hire, either, like they have since Al Groh mercifully walked away. Of course, I also never thought Rex was as bad as the angry mob makes him out to be. None of Groh, Mangini, or Herm were qualified even on the coordinator level. Rex was a step up in that regard, and I'm very confident in Bowles' abilities at that level, too.

Bowles appears to be putting his staff together in an intelligent way. He's got seasoned coordinators on offense and special teams, and "his guys" on the defense - his area of expertise. Seems calculated in a good way.

Not gonna lie, I was hoping for a more seasoned coach. Maybe someone who's had success as the head coach in the college ranks. But, much like the team's dilemma at QB, no one fitting those qualifications was there. So we're breaking in another rookie head coach from the defensive side of the ball, hoping for the best. Can't say I'm excited, but I am cautiously optimistic.

I am, however, pretty excited about the GM. Far too many years having the personnel department run by accountants. It's taken its toll. Tannenbaum left a roster lacking depth everywhere, and Idzik did nothing to correct the problem. In this case, the pendulum has swung all the way in the other direction - and in a good way. Rather than going from an accountant willing mortgage his grandmother's house to an accountant who still has his first dollar stuffed in his mattress, we have an actual evaluator of talent at the top spot. It's very refreshing.

I'm more concerned about a rookie GM than a rookie coach. I'm glad that we went with a GM with a scouting background, but I wish he was more experienced. Seems like more of a stretch to run an organization than to go from DC to head coach.  I think Bowles will be fine. Plus he had that test run with Miami. 

Archived