Goodell Should be Fired

Dennis Byrd 90

2014 has been an awful year in the NFL.  It has shed alot of light at how the NFL has covered things up and manipulated the system.  There are so many things that have happened and we as paying customers don't get a reasonable explanation or the NFL drags it feet so the issue at hand will be out of the news and is forgotten about.  I don't know everything but things that have happened under his watch and we are still scratching out heads about what happened, how did the NFL botch the investigation and deal with this incorrectly.

1.  Spygate?  Why were the tapes destroyed?  What else was happening?  Why did Bruschi get audibles of the other team before games?  Why were other teams headsets jammed?  Why did Brady get info into his helmet after the communication was supposed to shut off (see Doug Flutie)?  Huge indictments of integrity of the game etc.  No answers.  Everything destroyed days after the quick NFL investigation.  He wouldn't let congress (Specter see anything etc).  So many unanswered questions.  New media goes to next cycle no one cares we all move on.  Belichek and Patrios fined and lose 1st round pick.

2.  Bounty Gate:  We all know this.  Payton suspended for a year.  Though found not to know he is the head coach and should know all.  Team loses two 2nd round picks in back to back years.  Maybe a little harsh but understandable.  Key to know here the head coach should know all.

3.  Domestic violence, DUI, etc:  This is always an issue in all sports leagues.  Since 2000 it has gotten worse and has become a real issue in the NFL.  All the leagues glossed over this and should've implemented a way to deal with these issues (not just dumping on the NFL here).  Also we have to take into consideration innocent until proven guilty when it comes to these issues.  For that the Commisioner's exempt list might not be a bad way to deal with these issues when they arise.  That being said the personal conduct policy is a good way to deal with these issue but it is way too late.  

Now onto the Ray Rice debacle.  The NFL hires former FBI agents and other retired law enforcement for security.  How they don't create a special investigative team who gets access to all the information the prosecution has and then they present all the facts to the commisioner who then makes a decision I don't know.  It makes sense to do that but not the case.  We all know the rest of the story with Rice and how foolish Goodell looks.

4.  Goodell has all the power.  Nice play by him.  I don't get how D Smith and the NFLPA let that happen.  I get something goes wrong he makes a decision, but if there is an appeal it goes back to him.  That's crazy.  there should be a system created for that.  That one falls on the NFLPA.

5.  Goodell's buddies.  The Saturday night before the AFC Championship game he is having dinner at Bob Kraft's house.  Fine their friends.  Their social I get it.  Your the commisioner.  You need to be neutral.  Offseason hang with all the owners.  Do what you do.  Don't do it the night before a championship game.  It's wrong and makes me feel that he does have favorites and helps them.

The Rice investigation.  Mueller himself is independant.  He works for a law firm that has a relationship with the Ravens in some way shape or form.  Again lets get a person who is not connected to the NFL so we don't get these conspiracy theories.  

6.  Deflate gate:  How is it possible that it is four days past when we first found out and the NFL has not spoken to Brady and Belicheck.  This isn't the first time they've deflated the balls.  Look at things that are being reported about stats at home for the Patriots with fumbles and other things.  Anyway it's four days and no one from the NFL has been to Foxborough to talk to the Patriots.  Goodell is pushing this investigation off until after the Super Bowl.  He's going to announce something in March or April when the news story isn't around and just gloss over it.  If it was the Titans or Jaguars we'd be like that's ok lets move on.  The issue it is a team that has been found of cheating before and it can't be glossed over.  This is something that needs to be dealt with and dealt with quickly.  To me it shows he is trying to protect friends from embarrassment and try to hide the story.  It's happened too many times with Goodell and it has worked.  I'm not the fool anymore and nor should we.  It's time for answers and that time is now.

I love the game of football and I love the NFL.  This has not been a good year for them and they really need to clean up many things.  Goodell has helped create this mess and I think that a new perspective is needed in that office to help clean this mess up and the NFL.  It's time for them to stop reacting and start looking at all the issues that could happen and have things in place.  We pay a ton of money to go to games, buy gear and other things.  If you are running a billion dollar business we as consumers should be treated fairly, given transparancy on issues (not have them say things were destroyed) and be treated with respect.  Goodell has shown and proven he is not the man to do this.  There are plenty of men and women who could do this job bring respect to the office right away and help make this league better.

Sorry for the long post.

I've been calling for this since well before this 2014 season.  The man is a joke of a commissioner and has done more harm to the NFL than perhaps anyone in its history.  

Granted, there was a lot of BS that went on during the tenures of his predecessors, but you generally never (seriously, anyway) questioned the integrity of the outcome of the games.  That has changed under Goodell, and it's not just about the Patriots and their cheating.  

What people really need to start doing is contacting the companies that heavily sponsor the NFL and go about getting Goodell fired from that angle, or by going to the major sponsors of the individual teams as a way to try to get the owners' attention.  But, it is absolutely CLEAR that if the NFL wants to restore its integrity, Goodell and his minions in the NFL front office MUST BE FIRED.

The NFL’s front office is a depraved, incompetent clown show

By Brad Reed on Jan 23, 2015 at 11:15 AM

If there’s one good thing to come from the New England Patriots’ deflated footballs scandal, it’s that it might just be enough to bring NFL commissioner Roger Goodell’s disastrous reign to an end.

Let’s assume for the sake of argument that the Patriots are indeed guilty of illegally tampering with footballs during the AFC Championship Game against the Indianapolis Colts. If we concede this, then let’s review what we know based on previous reports:

• Adam Schefter — who is the most reliable NFL reporter on the planet — has said that the Colts first told the NFL that the Patriots were possibly using underinflated balls in a game in mid-November.
  • Despite this, the NFL decided to wait until the AFC Title Game — two months after the first alleged offense — to actually try to bust them for it.
  • Given the league’s suspicions, it would have made sense for it to test the Patriots’ footballs just before the game started. Instead, they only tested them all at halftime, at which point the game was already halfway over. The refs then just let the game go on like nothing happened.
  • Then this week, the NFL said it would take two to three days to complete its investigation. We’re now on Day 5 and still nowhere near knowing what the NFL’s findings were.
  • Added to this, as of yesterday afternoon — again, more than three days after the investigation began — the NFL still hadn’t bothered to question Brady, who is one of the most likely culprits in the scandal.

Taken all together, Goodell and the NFL look completely inept again, just as they did during the Ray Rice scandal earlier this year. They had plenty of warning that the Patriots may have been doing something like this but didn’t bother until the AFC Championship Game — the game before the Super Bowl! — to actually look into it.

The league could have instructed the refs to check up on the inflation of the Patriots’ footballs at halftime during the Lions, Packers or any other subsequent game in the regular season after they first played the Colts in November. Instead, they let the entire thing slide until it became a crisis that is now blowing up into a massive public relations disaster.

Meanwhile, the league has plenty of time to harass Marshawn Lynch about the color of his cleats. I really can’t believe the league is this much of an incompetent clown show but if it results in Roger Goodell losing his job, it will at least have a silver lining.

The NFL’s front office is a depraved, incompetent clown show

By Brad Reed on Jan 23, 2015 at 11:15 AM

If there’s one good thing to come from the New England Patriots’ deflated footballs scandal, it’s that it might just be enough to bring NFL commissioner Roger Goodell’s disastrous reign to an end.

Let’s assume for the sake of argument that the Patriots are indeed guilty of illegally tampering with footballs during the AFC Championship Game against the Indianapolis Colts. If we concede this, then let’s review what we know based on previous reports:

• Adam Schefter — who is the most reliable NFL reporter on the planet — has said that the Colts first told the NFL that the Patriots were possibly using underinflated balls in a game in mid-November.
  • Despite this, the NFL decided to wait until the AFC Title Game — two months after the first alleged offense — to actually try to bust them for it.
  • Given the league’s suspicions, it would have made sense for it to test the Patriots’ footballs just before the game started. Instead, they only tested them all at halftime, at which point the game was already halfway over. The refs then just let the game go on like nothing happened.
  • Then this week, the NFL said it would take two to three days to complete its investigation. We’re now on Day 5 and still nowhere near knowing what the NFL’s findings were.
  • Added to this, as of yesterday afternoon — again, more than three days after the investigation began — the NFL still hadn’t bothered to question Brady, who is one of the most likely culprits in the scandal.

Taken all together, Goodell and the NFL look completely inept again, just as they did during the Ray Rice scandal earlier this year. They had plenty of warning that the Patriots may have been doing something like this but didn’t bother until the AFC Championship Game — the game before the Super Bowl! — to actually look into it.

The league could have instructed the refs to check up on the inflation of the Patriots’ footballs at halftime during the Lions, Packers or any other subsequent game in the regular season after they first played the Colts in November. Instead, they let the entire thing slide until it became a crisis that is now blowing up into a massive public relations disaster.

Meanwhile, the league has plenty of time to harass Marshawn Lynch about the color of his cleats. I really can’t believe the league is this much of an incompetent clown show but if it results in Roger Goodell losing his job, it will at least have a silver lining.

If Schefter reported that the Colts complained in November than why does he go on national radio and argue it is all an innocent mistake!!

These are clowns and they act like we are all imbeciles as well!!!

Him and his relationship with Kraft have turned the NFL into the WWE.

The NFL sucks. Saturdays are soooo much better and the Gators suck and I still feel that way.

It's amazing really. I have no interest in the Super Bowl if the Pats are allowed to play.

Him and his relationship with Kraft have turned the NFL into the WWE.

The NFL sucks. Saturdays are soooo much better and the Gators suck and I still feel that way.

Agree 100%.  Besides the Jets I really don't watch much NFL football, but I have all the college networks on my computers.  Really enjoy football on Saturday

In case anyone is interested,  here is a statement issue by the NFL

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203698925456078&set=gm.826220824086541&type=1&theater

This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

Has anyone noticed that this guy goes into hiding whenever there is some sort of scandal/controversy?

Goodell is horrible and the media keeps defending saying "he makes all this money for the owners"

Yeah because pro football was such an ice cold commodity when Goodell became commisioner

The truth behind all the scandals this year is that the NFL has revealed it is not fixed per se but rather weighted towards certain teams and players and that Goodell has revealed the ugly underbelly of the fraud.

Agree CB...even Francessa said yesterday the American public is starting to doubt the fact that Goodells NFL is on the up and up...was surprised he said that he usually laughs people off the air that complain about things like that .

Archived