"Parcells guys"

JOJOTOWNSELL

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It comforts me to know that we have 2 "Parcells guys" on our coaching staff (Bowles and Rogers). Do you think they will be as ornery with the media as and as secretive as Bill was? I don't think there is any chance in hell we will wind up on Hard Knocks again lol

Lol at "Parcells guys". Parcells was the worst thing that happened to the Jets. Highly overrated piece of crap that ruined salary caps.

Outside of Belly..."Parcells guys" have been a disaster, haven't they? Here's to hoping our guys don't have the same fate.

LMAO!

Disaster at what? Belichick, Sean Payton, Coughlin, all champion HC's. And the list of great assistans is crazy.... To name Just a few... Wisenhunt, Nolan, Crenel, Hailey, and the great Todd Bowles.

Legendary coaching tree.

Coaching trees are irrelevant nonsense, every man should be judged and evaluated on their own merits. The kind of job their boss did good or poor shouldn't reflect on them one way or the other. Doesn't work like that in other businesses, shouldn't in the NFL. Ask any owner who hired someone from Bill Belicheat's tree. 

See his history. Backloaded contracts always left franchises when he saw terrible times ahead.

Parcells did make "win now" moves, wanted veteran QBs, vets on his D, etc.....he wasn't going to stay with the Jets (or Dallas, Miami, etc) for more than 3-4 years.....we kind of all knew that the day he became the Jets HC.

With that being said, we were TERRIBLE before Parcells. 1-15 to be exact and going no where fast. He was without question the main reason for the Jets having a complete turnaround, and (IMO) he would of won us a SB if Vinny didn't tear his ACL, MCL, any and all CL opening day of the 99 season.

Regardless, since Parcells time with the Jets we have had much more success than before him. Groh had a winning record in his 1 year as HC, Herm made the playoffs in what? 3 out of 5 years? Mangini had success when his QB was healthy (Pennington hurt in 07, then Favre's shoulder injury ruined a potential postseason run the last 4-6 weeks of 09), then Rex's tenure started off about as good as one could of hoped for his first 2 and 3/4ths seasons.

No question Parcells changed the culture in NY from a bottom 5 franchise in the NFL to relevant and being in the hunt for a playoff spot almost every year (when the QB was healthy) for more than a decade after his departure. Yes, he didn't alway make the best personal decisions, specifically long term, but I will always be grateful for Parcells saving the Jets from being a cellar dweller to a competent, competitive franchise.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

See his history. Backloaded contracts always left franchises when he saw terrible times ahead.

Ill look at the History ...every single team he went too was in SB contention in a few short years ....Parcells was not perfect but he took our Jets from laughing stock of the NFL with Kotite to SB contender in 2 short years. Did the same with the Pats and he won 2 SB's with the Giants previously....yeah he's a Piece of crap... use your freakin brains. FWIW his "guys" have accounted for 6 SB wins and 10 appearances but somehow Idiot Jets fans find this to be crap ?

Coaching trees are irrelevant nonsense, every man should be judged and evaluated on their own merits. The kind of job their boss did good or poor shouldn't reflect on them one way or the other. Doesn't work like that in other businesses, shouldn't in the NFL. Ask any owner who hired someone from Bill Belicheat's tree. 

Wrong ... They all learned from the guy who gave them their shot obviously some adopted their own philosophy but I guarantee you everyone of them would tell you that Parcells had a huge impact on their coaching careers early on.

Belicheats tree is sh*t because the guy is a complete control freak and pulls every string on every part of that team. All these young assistants like Mangini and McDaniels are/were there because they do exactly what game plan Bill Lays out for them to follow. So when they go elsewhere they fail miserably. Parcells was a true leader who let his coaches coach only restriction he had was keeping them away from the media and out of the spotlight. Huge difference between Belicheat and Parcells.

When talking about coaching trees you also have to Look at Bill Walsh because his "guys" had very nice careers in the NFL as well and Im sure they learned a hell of a lot form Bill a man who was an innovator that changed the NFL

LMAO!

Disaster at what? Belichick, Sean Payton, Coughlin, all champion HC's. And the list of great assistans is crazy.... To name Just a few... Wisenhunt, Nolan, Crenel, Hailey, and the great Todd Bowles.

Legendary coaching tree.

I was thinking more of the guys he hired/recommended to owners. Groh, Handley, Sparano? Ugh

Ill look at the History ...every single team he went too was in SB contention in a few short years ....Parcells was not perfect but he took our Jets from laughing stock of the NFL with Kotite to SB contender in 2 short years. Did the same with the Pats and he won 2 SB's with the Giants previously....yeah he's a Piece of crap... use your freakin brains. FWIW his "guys" have accounted for 6 SB wins and 10 appearances but somehow Idiot Jets fans find this to be crap ?

Jets sucked for many years before him, but we had decent talent even before he came on. And I guess we shouldn't credit Brady for all the SBs since he's being coached by a Parcells guy, even though this Parcells guy took a dump on him the moment he had a chance.

Rex also made us a SB contender but I guess he's not a "Parcells guy"

Parcells did make "win now" moves, wanted veteran QBs, vets on his D, etc.....he wasn't going to stay with the Jets (or Dallas, Miami, etc) for more than 3-4 years.....we kind of all knew that the day he became the Jets HC.

With that being said, we were TERRIBLE before Parcells. 1-15 to be exact and going no where fast. He was without question the main reason for the Jets having a complete turnaround, and (IMO) he would of won us a SB if Vinny didn't tear his ACL, MCL, any and all CL opening day of the 99 season.

Regardless, since Parcells time with the Jets we have had much more success than before him. Groh had a winning record in his 1 year as HC, Herm made the playoffs in what? 3 out of 5 years? Mangini had success when his QB was healthy (Pennington hurt in 07, then Favre's shoulder injury ruined a potential postseason run the last 4-6 weeks of 09), then Rex's tenure started off about as good as one could of hoped for his first 2 and 3/4ths seasons.

No question Parcells changed the culture in NY from a bottom 5 franchise in the NFL to relevant and being in the hunt for a playoff spot almost every year (when the QB was healthy) for more than a decade after his departure. Yes, he didn't alway make the best personal decisions, specifically long term, but I will always be grateful for Parcells saving the Jets from being a cellar dweller to a competent, competitive franchise.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

This is obvious!!!!

Why are we as Jets fans so quick to eat our own!!

Rex also made us a SB contender but I guess he's not a "Parcells guy"

There is so much fail in this post. The Jets were 9-7 in 2008. And 9-7 in 2009. Rex actually quit on the season in 2009 until reminded by the press that the jets weren't eliminated from the playoffs.

And comparing Mangini 2008 jets to kotite jets of 96 just gave me a huge belly laugh, thank you!

There is so much fail in this post. The Jets were 9-7 in 2008. And 9-7 in 2009. Rex actually quit on the season in 2009 until reminded by the press that the jets weren't eliminated from the playoffs.

And comparing Mangini 2008 jets to kotite jets of 96 just gave me a huge belly laugh, thank you!

ya even those 2 AFC Champ years we snuck in and got hot, but werent what I would call a legit SB team,,then it was every year (except 2014) where we were hangin by thread until last few weeks..

Archived