"Parcells guys"

JOJOTOWNSELL

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a rough list, but you have to take the good with the bad

True, but as some other have said, the coaching tree tihng is a little overrated in most cases.  Walsh is different IMO because he did revolutionize the game and his staff spread it throughout the league.  Hell, BB is considered a top two or three of all time and his tree is more like a withering shrub.

Groh did a good job. Vinny sucked and had no receivers in 2000.

IIRC his team was in position to make the post-season and lost three of the last four or something like that.  I'd say he's an incomplete in all reality.  Bailed after one season because apparently Va made him an offer he couldn't turn down.

Ill look at the History ...every single team he went too was in SB contention in a few short years ....Parcells was not perfect but he took our Jets from laughing stock of the NFL with Kotite to SB contender in 2 short years. Did the same with the Pats and he won 2 SB's with the Giants previously....yeah he's a Piece of crap... use your freakin brains. FWIW his "guys" have accounted for 6 SB wins and 10 appearances but somehow Idiot Jets fans find this to be crap ?

Very nicely said.

IIRC his team was in position to make the post-season and lost three of the last four or something like that. I'd say he's an incomplete in all reality. Bailed after one season because apparently Va made him an offer he couldn't turn down.

He left because of Woody. Same reason mumbles left.

ya even those 2 AFC Champ years we snuck in and got hot, but werent what I would call a legit SB team,,then it was every year (except 2014) where we were hangin by thread until last few weeks..

2011 the team quit on rex after the Giants game. Embarrassing but rex is still hailed as a hero lol

Really?  Never heard him say that.  Cascadden said a while back that it was because the offer he got was so good Parcells probably even told him to take it.

Really? Never heard him say that. Cascadden said a while back that it was because the offer he got was so good Parcells probably even told him to take it.

Mumbles never said it either. But that's why everybody jumped ship

Yes, very true. Had mumbles stayed maybe we draft Brady and win 3 Super Bowls. Could you imagine that?

I always said Hess hiring BB as his HC in that scam to really get the Tuna in 1997 would have pissed me off as well.. BB never forgot that slight or forgave the Jets in general..

Groh left because he recognized he was in way over his head as a head coach. The team hated him and quit on him, effectively staging a successful mutiny. Groh saw a lifeboat and jumped in. Mangini was another guy completely unable to relate to football players. I get wanting a guy who's gonna be there with the discipline, but guys who bring nothing but discipline are doomed to failure. Groh and Mangini are two of the worst coaches this team ever had.

Things I like about Bowles include him having something of a personality. I like that he made it in the NFL as an undrafted free agent. Here's a guy who knows first hand what it takes to be successful in this league, and was smart enough to overcome not being seen as draftable to have a career in this league. That kind of pedigree makes for a nice coaching background. Players like him and respect him. In that regard, he's not unlike Parcells. The players loved his rants on their teammates - as long as they weren't the ones on the receiving end of it. But coming from Parcells' tree or having his stamp of approval? I couldn't give a crap.

when you hire parcells, you know what you are getting.  a quick turnaround and a quick exit.  if you win enough, it's worth it.  I find it ineteresting the rewards diminished with each job

giants - rings

past* - SB appearance, no ring

jets - AFCCG appearance, no SB

cowboys - playoffs, no PO win

stealing the dolphins money doesn't count, he didn't coach

I always said Hess hiring BB as his HC in that scam to really get the Tuna in 1997 would have pissed me off as well.. BB never forgot that slight or forgave the Jets in general..

Mumbles has said a million times that it was an agreement with Hess, not johnson. And Leon was brilliant outsmarting Kraft. Who's been outsmarting Kraft lately? Um nobody. Kraft outsmarts Woody 24/7

Mumbles never said it either. But that's why everybody jumped ship

We're all free to take our best guess at what transpired, but I don't see how mumbles didn't leave because of Parcells.  Felt he was the reason Giants won rings and Parcells got the credit.  Had it in his contract to take over when Parcells stepped down.  Decided to bail when he found out Parcells was going upstairs and would be over his shoulder continuing to get credit for anything BB did right.

Mumbles has said a million times that it was an agreement with Hess, not johnson. And Leon was brilliant outsmarting Kraft. Who's been outsmarting Kraft lately? Um nobody. Kraft outsmarts Woody 24/7

Mumbles has never said anything a million times..Hell your lucky if you understand what he said 10 times out of 100.. :winking0001:

Abraham Pennington Becht (lol) and Ellis. Not a bad first round class in 2000. But he sucked eleventy billion!!!!

That draft came after Beli walked. Why not show us how great Parcells' drafts were in the three previous years when Belichick was on the payroll?

And in 2000, the same year Parcells took Pennington in the 1st, Belichick took Brady in the 6th.

That draft came after Beli walked. Why not show us how great Parcells' drafts were in the three previous years when Belichick was on the payroll?

And in 2000, the same year Parcells took Pennington in the 1st, Belichick took Brady in the 6th.

He didn't draft well in 2000? Is that what you're saying? Coles was in that draft too.

What did Parcells do wrong in 1997? Maybe you can critique an option pass by Leon Johnson too? :rl:

He didn't draft well in 2000? Is that what you're saying? Coles was in that draft too.

What did Parcells do wrong in 1997? Maybe you can critique an option pass by Leon Johnson too? :rl:

No, what I was saying was that he drafted very poorly previous to 2000 - which is all the information Belichick would've had to go on when he bolted rather than continue to be your hero's underling.

Holy crap, talk about whooshing sounds...

I have a sneaking suspicion slats doesn't like me for bashing his hero rex

I don't have any heroes. I've found that the guys that do often take their screen names from them, though.

No, what I was saying was that he drafted very poorly previous to 2000 - which is all the information Belichick would've had to go on when he bolted rather than continue to be your hero's underling.

Holy crap, talk about whooshing sounds...

I don't have any heroes. I've found that the guys that do often take their screen names from them, though.

He brought Curtis martin and Vinny testaverde here ( of course he never gets credit for that).. It's about talent and coaching. The talent level on that defense (Otis smith Anthony pleaseant lol and so on ) was atrocious and he turned the franchise around in two years. Yeah swooshing sound. Look in the mirror

He brought Curtis martin and Vinny testaverde here ( of course he never gets credit for that).. It's about talent and coaching. The talent level on that defense (Otis smith Anthony pleaseant lol and so on ) was atrocious and he turned the franchise around in two years. Yeah swooshing sound. Look in the mirror

He also wouldn't guarantee he would take Manning with his first pick in 97 so he stayed in school..  I agree Vinny was great in 98 however the other guy with his 3.5 ypc and 14 yds rushing in the AFCCG didn't exactly thrill me.. Of course his fumble in the first game of 1999 that cost us Vinny was notable.. :animal0029:

He also wouldn't guarantee he would take Manning with his first pick in 97 so he stayed in school.. I agree Vinny was great in 98 however the other guy with his 3.5 ypc and 14 yds rushing in the AFCCG didn't exactly thrill me.. Of course his fumble in the first game of 1999 that cost us Vinny was notable.. :animal0029:

So you're dissapointed with the Jets turn around from 96-2000 over that? :rl:

So you're dissapointed with the Jets turn around from 96-2000 over that? :rl:

When he took the job he said it would only be for 3 years as HC in the long run was that really best for the team?? Had Hess hired a good HC(maybe stuck with BB) that took Manning in the 1997 draft and drafted Cory Dillon in the 2nd rd I think we would have been better off.. We still would have had 4 1st rd picks in 2000 if we traded KJ..

Archived