Jets hire Pepper Johnson

talontsi194

Wasn't he an offensive coordinator for Romeo in Cleveland?

Carthon is currently an assistant head coach for the Kansas City Chiefs. Prior to his current assignment, he served two seasons as the running backs coach for the Arizona Cardinals, as well as the offensive coordinator for the NFL's Cleveland Browns (2005–06), an offensive coordinator for the Dallas Cowboys and running backs coach for several teams.

Maurice Carthon resigned as Cleveland Browns offensive coordinator on October 24, 2006 after Cleveland managed only seven points against the Denver Broncos. Under Carthon, the Browns had managed a league-low 232 points in 2005 and had only scored 88 points through six games in 2006. Carthon was the third NFL offensive coordinator to be fired during the 2006 season.

SAR I

Great hire.

I may be reading into things too much, but the talk by MacCag and Bowles around learning the strengths of the players you have, and building to capitalize on it, is reverberated in the hirings they are making. This Jets roster's talent core is that DL, and we've hired Pepper Johnson and Kacy Rodgers who have been as impressive working with DL as that splotchy looking guy we lost to Rex's staff.

The Giants won the 2007 SB with a great DL and horrendous secondary. The new coaching staff looks to be recognizing the Jets strength

Excellent news.

What happened to Maurice Carthon? Back in the 90's Parcells was talking him up like a sure thing head coach.

SAR I

Team(s) as a coach/administrator

New England Patriots

(Running backs) 1994-1996

New York Jets

(Running backs) 1997–2000

Detroit Lions

(Offensive Coordinator) 2001–2002

Dallas Cowboys

(Offensive Coordinator) 2003–2004

Cleveland Browns

(Offensive Coordinator) 2005–2006

Arizona Cardinals

(Running backs) 2007–2008

Kansas City Chiefs

(Assistant Head Coach) 2009–2012

I am on board here. Great guy and great coach.

And what a Leader! With Taylor taking zero responsibility on himself(although an absolute stud player) Peppers was the Defensive Captain in the huddle.

Boy, am I excited about what we're building here.

Now if we can get the RIGHT players(Maccagnan).... things will be looking up for 2015.

I don't remember Handley going to any NFCCG's??? :animal0029:

But we all do remember Mangini making the playoff with Favre at QB, oh NOOOO? The fascination with Mangini in this forum is out of this world.  The guy was a defensive coach and yet he fielded mediocre defense while coaching the Jets. 

And what a Leader! With Taylor taking zero responsibility on himself(although an absolute stud player) Peppers was the Defensive Captain in the huddle.

Boy, am I excited about what we're building here.

Now if we can get the RIGHT players(Maccagnan).... things will be looking up for 2015.

I think you mean Harry Carson Pepper Johnson was a rookie in 1986??

But we all do remember Mangini making the playoff with Favre at QB, oh NOOOO? The fascination with Mangini in this forum is out of this world.  The guy was a defensive coach and yet he fielded mediocre defense while coaching the Jets. 

There's literally zero people here that advocate for Mangini. When you talk about this, you're pretty much debating with make-believe people, and even then you're losing.

I absolutely love our staff so far. Kacy & Pepper coaching up the front 7, they'll get the most out of those guys. And then you have Bowles of course being a former safety to have his eye on the DB situation as well as the front 7 of course. Love it, he's really putting together an elite staff. It's not just bringing in big names, it's more like putting together a jigsaw. Behind every hire there's an idea of how he'll fit into the staff, what his contribution is going to be, how he'd get along with the rest of the staff, how his style is going to fit into what we plan to do and so on.

One more thing Fatso out there in Buffalo hasn't figured out yet. Surrounds himself with the same losers that helped him get fired. The same losers that weren't able to coach up our players.

Best. Offseason. Ever.

I absolutely love our staff so far. Kacy & Pepper coaching up the front 7, they'll get the most out of those guys. And then you have Bowles of course being a former safety to have his eye on the DB situation as well as the front 7 of course. Love it, he's really putting together an elite staff. It's not just bringing in big names, it's more like putting together a jigsaw. Behind every hire there's an idea of how he'll fit into the staff, what his contribution is going to be, how he'd get along with the rest of the staff, how his style is going to fit into what we plan to do and so on.

One more thing Fatso out there in Buffalo hasn't figured out yet. Surrounds himself with the same losers that helped him get fired. The same losers that weren't able to coach up our players.

Best. Offseason. Ever.

+1,000

Archived