Bellicheat Speaks 1/24/15~~

Charlie Brown

What I don't understand about this whole thing is are we really supposed to just let the whole thing go now because BB said it is fine and they did nothing wrong.  Is this the ultimate attempt at the Jedi mind trick, or what?

Yea, Bill says they're good guys and they didn't do anything wrong so let's get on to the Super Bowl...Thanks Bill

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can only hope and pray. Otherwise, your head might explode if the Pats win a fourth SB in your lifetime when you may never see the Jets even play in one.

+1, how many Jets fans on this board were alive in 1969?

If they were, other than Savage and 13, they where all in diapers.

Probably the same amount as Pats fans that were actually Pats fans before Brady came along .

You can tell Belicheat's latest excuse is still a lie. These balls are prepped way before the game itself and their QBs test them out a week or two at practice to see whether it's a ball they like. Teams have it down to a science.

Look at what Eli does:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/24/sports/football/eli-mannings-footballs-are-months-in-making.html?_r=0

My point is these guys would know if these deflate.

These were either underinflated before the game or he's trying to get us to believe they miraculously deflate during the game itself.

The fact that you just used "+1" in your response indicates that you were probably not alive in '69 either.  That or your a middle aged doucher...

It wasn't 51 at the half, which is tonlu one of he points. And the air temp difference is just one variable, not the whole story. The guages themselves are only acurate to .5 to 1 lb psi. Inserting the pin can lose .5 pd. psi alone. As BB explained, the handling of the balls in pregame prep artificially adds a full 1 pound psi which gets lost when the ball's equilibrium returns about an hour later with no temp drop. And lastly, the teams ask the refs to inflate the balls to a certain level when they relinquish them before the game starts. The Pats request 12.5 psi. No one can say if the refs accurate did that or no. As to the Colts ball, we don'y know where they start the game. If they start at 13.5 and use a different routine in preparing them pregame, that could realistically cause the difference.

Either way. It's freaken air pressure. Many QBs say they can't tell the diff. Many have said the can. I'd love to see the ones who claim they can prove it. I'm guessing that most are just jealous haters and making this trivial issue a blown up issue. Thios thing is such a blown up joke it's hilarious. The presser was genius and it'll shut up the stupid media going forward. I hope the Pats put up a 100 in Arizon and the Pats leave the field yelling a big FU to all the haters.

Even Vinny thinks he's now a ******* scientist...

LOLOLOLOL

And Rah RAh...without a shred of evidence, facts or knowledge, KNOWS they're guilty!

SHOCKING!!!!!

LOL

Bill's a genius, that press conference was pure genius, this is all going away now, there will be no more media attention, right Vinny?

ROFLMAO!!!!!

If you have the ability to have an open mind, even haters would have little difficulty understanding his explanation. It was a very interesting presser explaining what BB has done to simulate game time prep of the football. Of course, as a Pats fan, I foud his explaination very credible and forthright. He laid out the variables in the process and by their measurements, the balls could have easily lost 2 pounds psi along the way.(And I wish the mental midgets crying FOUL! undrestood it's 2 pounds PRESUURE not WEIGHT. Big difference.) He welcomed anyone to duplicate the process he laid out and come to their own conclusion. He even answered a Spygate question, which in my recollection was the first time ever since 2007 he's done so.

Does he want this issue to go away so he can prepare his team for the biggest game of the year without distractio?  Sure. Might be better to actually watch or listen to the PC before you start whining CONSPIRACY!

They can talk all they want. This is going to be the week from hell for them. The media is going to push this story to no end.

Media week is going to better than the game itself.

And Rah RAh...without a shred of evidence, facts or knowledge, KNOWS they're guilty!

SHOCKING!!!!!

LOL

The facts are indisputable:

- 12.5 psi when officials checked before the game

-  2.0 psi less in 11 of 12 balls at halftime. 

-  footballs in control of Patriots the whole time

-  Indy balls didn't lose pressure during the same time period and under same conditions.

Without being accusatory I would just like an explanation from the people who were in control of the balls.  Especially if I was the All Pro QB who personally handpicked the footballs and wanted them just so.  Shouldn't he be pissed that the footballs were not in fact the way he wanted them?  Someone should be fired over that.  That is one incompetent dude who delivered Brady with game balls 2.0 psi less than he specifically asked for...  Is that acceptable in the Patriots organization?  Does the ancillary personnel often fail to deliver on player specifications without questioning or consequence?  That is what we are being led to believe.

-  Indy balls didn't lose pressure during the same time period and under same conditions.

Without being accusatory I would just like an explanation from the people who were in control of the balls.  Especially if I was the All Pro QB who personally handpicked the footballs and wanted them just so.  Shouldn't he be pissed that the footballs were not in fact the way he wanted them?  Someone should be fired over that.  That is one incompetent dude who delivered Brady with game balls 2.0 psi less than he specifically asked for...  Is that acceptable in the Patriots organization?  Does the ancillary personnel often fail to deliver on player specifications without questioning or consequence?  That is what we are being led to believe.

What was it 48 degrees in New England on Sunday ?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/21/cold-weather-does-indeed-reduce-ball-pressure/

Cold weather does indeed reduce ball pressure
Posted by Mike Florio on January 21, 2015, 11:11 AM EST
94982368.jpg?w=250Getty Images

I’ve dusted off today a long-lost engineering degree from what seems like five lifetimes ago to explain how air pressure drops when the temperature does.

The concept is known as the ideal gas law.  PV equals nRT.  The “P” is pressure.  The “T” is temperature.  If the “V” (volume) the “n” (amount of gas, in “moles”) and the “R” (the “ideal gas constant,” which is sort of like pi) remain the same, a drop in temperature necessarily results in a drop in pressure.

The folks at SportsScience addressed this issue in 2010.  A ball exposed to 10-degree temperatures for an hour, the pressure drops from 13.5 PSI to 11 PSI.

Of course, that doesn’t fully account for a drop from 12.5 PSI to 10.5 PSI in 51-degree weather for 90 minutes or so.  But it proves that, when it’s cold, the pressure inside a football drops.

In this specific situation, it could be that some pressure was removed from the balls, and that the 51-degree temperature did the rest.  Regardless, when the mercury drops, footballs naturally deflate, at least a little.

What was it 48 degrees in New England on Sunday ?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/21/cold-weather-does-indeed-reduce-ball-pressure/

Cold weather does indeed reduce ball pressure
Posted by Mike Florio on January 21, 2015, 11:11 AM EST
94982368.jpg?w=250Getty Images

I’ve dusted off today a long-lost engineering degree from what seems like five lifetimes ago to explain how air pressure drops when the temperature does.

The concept is known as the ideal gas law.  PV equals nRT.  The “P” is pressure.  The “T” is temperature.  If the “V” (volume) the “n” (amount of gas, in “moles”) and the “R” (the “ideal gas constant,” which is sort of like pi) remain the same, a drop in temperature necessarily results in a drop in pressure.

The folks at SportsScience addressed this issue in 2010.  A ball exposed to 10-degree temperatures for an hour, the pressure drops from 13.5 PSI to 11 PSI.

Of course, that doesn’t fully account for a drop from 12.5 PSI to 10.5 PSI in 51-degree weather for 90 minutes or so.  But it proves that, when it’s cold, the pressure inside a football drops.

In this specific situation, it could be that some pressure was removed from the balls, and that the 51-degree temperature did the rest.  Regardless, when the mercury drops, footballs naturally deflate, at least a little.

Cold changes pressure, yes.  It doesn't change volume.  Therefore the pressure returns to baseline when temperature normalizes. 

Two questions to yet another conspiricy:

1) who let the air out of the balls?

2) how did they do it?

Ok, now with Bellichecks explanation today, I know exactly what they are doing to circumvent the rules while passing the certification on the balls. This is what he is doing,

I'll start with explaining it this way, a race cars tire is set at a desired pressure when it's cold (ambient temp), say 19 psi. When the car goes out on track and races, the tire heats up, as the tire heats up the pressure grows (we call this climb) so we get 11 psi climb in pressure, we end up with a hot pressure of 30 psi (which was our target hot pressure for optimum grip).. So all 4 tires will now be at 30 psi while racing.

Now if we apply this to the Patriots and there football prep, this is what he's doing. Whom ever is prepping the balls has figured out how much climb in pressure he is getting while scuffing the balls. So he inflates them to the correct cold pressure he needs then scuffs the balls, probably enough to ensure the pressure is at 13.5 psi (max spec). Then he has them certified by the ref, it passes inspection, it's at 12.5 a 13.5 psi, but when the ball returns to ambient temp, presto you have the ball at the desired under inflated pressure Brady likes.

He is following the rules.... Loosely. But taken advantage of it not being clarified in the rule book stating the pressure must be in this specified range at ambient temp.

Well that's my take.

Semper Fi

Two questions to yet another conspiricy:

1) who let the air out of the balls?

2) how did they do it?

I deal in facts, not theory.

I don't know that anyone let the air out.  I am just stating the facts and know that the science does not support it occurring through environmental variations in temperature, regardless of what Professor Belichick tries to tell me.  The balls were ok when checked by the officials, 90 minutes later they weren't.  As I said, Brady wants the balls a certain way and expects them to be that way on the field.  He handed them off to his equipment staff, then they became not what he wants.  Why?  I would think he would want to know and hold someone accountable to insure it doesn't happen again. 

Come on Vinny, RamRod has knowledge?

He's the dumbest poster on the board.

Even Jets fans think he is a complete moron.

That's the second post here I've seen you personally attacking ray. I'd say you should shut your mouth now. Newsflash, you aren't more knowledable or superior just because the football team you root for is better than most.

Now do you truly believe some bullsh*t about the Patriots rubbing their balls do much that they gain psi? They'd really have to be rubbing the crap out of them to get them to heat up enough for this. I realize brady likely an accomplished ball rubber but I doubt he's heating them up enough for this. It's bs and we all know it. You can be happy that ur team of cheaters is in the superbowl again. But they are still cheaters and everyone but pats fans thinks so. 20 years from now, when you try to bring up your teams dynasty years they will still inevitably be discounted as cheaters because that will be their legacy.

That's the second post here I've seen you personally attacking ray. I'd say you should shut your mouth now. Newsflash, you aren't more knowledable or superior just because the football team you root for is better than most.

Now do you truly believe some bullsh*t about the Patriots rubbing their balls do much that they gain psi? They'd really have to be rubbing the crap out of them to get them to heat up enough for this. I realize brady likely an accomplished ball rubber but I doubt he's heating them up enough for this. It's bs and we all know it. You can be happy that ur team of cheaters is in the superbowl again. But they are still cheaters and everyone but pats fans thinks so. 20 years from now, when you try to bring up your teams dynasty years they will still inevitably be discounted as cheaters because that will be their legacy.

film-applause-clapping-total-film-orson-

I deal in facts, not theory.

I don't know that anyone let the air out.  I am just stating the facts and know that the science does not support it occurring through environmental variations in temperature, regardless of what Professor Belichick tries to tell me.  The balls were ok when checked by the officials, 90 minutes later they weren't.  As I said, Brady wants the balls a certain way and expects them to be that way on the field.  He handed them off to his equipment staff, then they became not what he wants.  Why?  I would think he would want to know and hold someone accountable to insure it doesn't happen again. 

Brady warms up with them before the game when there's no game pressure. Simply amazing he hasn't noticed it the past 7 years. 

Archived