Jets to hire Rex Hogan & Brian Heimerdinger to Front Office (merged)

DaBallhawk

A former Scout hiring Scouts  to his cabinet as he reshapes the Jets front office and scouting department . 

Somebody's got a plan .  Let's give him the time to implement it and see where the seeds lead us.

Agreed. As a CPA, I am here to tell you I want NO MORE lawyers and accountants in the GM department. We can hire a cap guy BUT he has NO SAY in drafting.    Perhaps we would not have busted on Hill, Vlad, Wilson etc..

Im a CPA and could tell you they were not NFL Ready for where they were chosen.

Surprised you'd say that CPA< as the best scout in the world is likely utterly ignorant on the contract-language and fiscal impacts of the salary cap and how to massage it.

I absolutely want a few GREAT accountants and Lawyers in MY Front Office.

Just not picking players.  

Surprised you'd say that CPA< as the best scout in the world is likely utterly ignorant on the contract-language and fiscal impacts of the salary cap and how to massage it.

oh yeah that would always sound solid. Just a few guys who can congregate amongst themselves and make the best decisions for the organization.... just not the player picking process.

Agreed. As a CPA, I am here to tell you I want NO MORE lawyers and accountants in the GM department. We can hire a cap guy BUT he has NO SAY in drafting. Perhaps we would not have busted on Hill, Vlad, Wilson etc..

You wouldn't happen to be a CPA would you??

MacCagnan has been a gm in waiting (And Bowles a coach in waiting) for a while it seems to me.  Both have clearly had people in mind who they woiuld like to work with ahead of time and are wasting no time in trying to get people they like from other orgs.  I like what has happened so far this off season.

Agreed. As a CPA, I am here to tell you I want NO MORE lawyers and accountants in the GM department. We can hire a cap guy BUT he has NO SAY in drafting.    Perhaps we would not have busted on Hill, Vlad, Wilson etc..

Before the Jets made the mistake of giving  Tanny  the GM job, all he did was design contracts . 

" A man has got to know his Limitations".

Brian Heimerdinger

Hires are happening fast and furious for the New York Jets on the coaching front and now GM Mike Maccagnan has made two key hires for the front office.

One name, Brian Heimerdinger should be a familiar one to Jets fans.  Brian’s father, the late Mike Heimerdinger was the Jets’ offensive coordinator in 2005.  Brian however, will be coming to the Jets not to roam the sidelines or call plays, but to fill what Albert Breer is calling “a prominent front office role”.

Breer is also reporting the addition of Rex Hogan of the Chicago Bears.  Hogan got his start as an administrator in 2000 when he spent almost three years in recruiting and operations with The Unitversity of Notre Dame.  From there it was on to Director of Football Operations at the University of Utah.

He broke in to the NFL as a college scout for the Bears in 2003, and worked his way up to the national scout position in 2012 and that is the role he’ll be walking away from to join the Jets front office.  Hogan is expected to be released from  his contract to join Maccagnan’s staff.

When he was initially hired, it was reported that Maccagnan requested enough funding to beef up the Jets scouting department and owner Woody Johnson agreed.  The Jets’ draft record over the past several seasons has more swings than misses, and Johnson is clearly hoping that the addition of a personnel man in the GM chair and additional resources will help turn things around.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
BSPKQscJzQg

View the full article

Great news, guys he wanted and closed the deals before the draft so Jets will have some additional information from Texans, Bears, Rams...

Now...if we can get the secret from the Rams guy as how to make a deal like they had with the Redskins a few years back, we're in business.

MacCagnan has been a gm in waiting (And Bowles a coach in waiting) for a while it seems to me.  Both have clearly had people in mind who they woiuld like to work with ahead of time and are wasting no time in trying to get people they like from other orgs.  I like what has happened so far this off season.

Of all the appointments Todd Bowles made, the one I love the most is Chan Gailey.  An offensive Coordinator has got to understand the importance of the running game as it relates to winning football games.

" You play to win the Game"

Not excite the fan base.

And build a team that got to two AFCCGs. 

While he was going to those AFC Championship games, The Patriots was perfecting how to cheat their way into a World Championship dynasty.

It's about winning the Super Bowl, not making it to the Conference championship game. While the mook was giving away Woody's money, our team was getting weaker and weaker at the premium positions of a football team.

Surprising that CHI & STL would allow scouts to leave their front offices at this

time of the year.  Everybody is gearing up for the Combine, pro days and the

draft teams usually don't let scouts leave until after that's completed

While he was going to those AFC Championship games, The Patriots was perfecting how to cheat their way into a World Championship dynasty.

It's about winning the Super Bowl, not making it to the Conference championship game. While the mook was giving away Woody's money, our team was getting weaker and weaker at the premium positions of a football team.

You can't win the Superbowl without at least getting to the conference championship game.  It's not easy to do and, while I'm happy we've moved on from Rex, I am grateful to him for getting us to those 2 AFC title games.  I'm also still grateful to Revis for his contributions here too btw (though I'm rooting against the Pats in the Superbowl).

I'm all for letting Bowles pick his guys.  If we trust him as HC of the NYJ, we should also trust him to bring in good people.  Let him either succeed or fail with the guys he believes in.  I feel more optimistic about this GM/HC combo than I have about any since Parcells.  We finally have a GM who is a personnel guy and a HC who was a well respected coordinator and who (it sounds like) can coach both sides of the ball.  Plus it seems like he's going to act a lot more professional than Rex but have a lot more knowledge and ability than Herm.  I did like Mangini btw (who I felt had the same qualities) but maybe he was too young when we hired him.  I still think he'll have success at some point down the road.

You can't win the Superbowl without at least getting to the conference championship game.  It's not easy to do and, while I'm happy we've moved on from Rex, I am grateful to him for getting us to those 2 AFC title games.  I'm also still grateful to Revis for his contributions here too btw (though I'm rooting against the Pats in the Superbowl).

Don't misunderstand my desire to win the Super Bowl as a sign that I am not grateful  for the memories giving me by Rex and Tanny.  I usually don't take part in the "let's fire this HC or this GM type debates, but after what happened in Miami 3 yrs ago, I wanted Rex Ryan Fired then.  When you as leader, openly admits to not knowing what is going on with those put in your charge, that is the height of incompetence.  

Combine that with the fact that the unit you're so focus on consistently fails in key moments of games, and I saw all I needed to see. 

Do Jet fans realized that the defense Donnie Henderson led under Herman Edwards was more effective in the key moments of games than the Defense the great Rex Ryan told us was all that ?

Don't know too much about those two but if Mac feels like they're good additions I'm all in.

I agree with Albert Breer, this is a credit to Maccagnan. I fully expected him to roll this draft with Bradway and Graves, and then start with the firing and hiring. For all the concern that he was some meek anti-alpha male, he's sure jumping into the job with confidence. I look forward to hearing his connection to these guys, or if they have connections to Wolf and Casserly.

I think he said that "We can hire a cap guy BUT he has NO SAY in drafting. "

I agree with Albert Breer, this is a credit to Maccagnan. I fully expected him to roll this draft with Bradway and Graves, and then start with the firing and hiring. For all the concern that he was some meek anti-alpha male, he's sure jumping into the job with confidence. I look forward to hearing his connection to these guys, or if they have connections to Wolf and Casserly.

ya major strange,, most teams hould on to scouts until draft over,, they have the knowledge of hidden gems they think maybe they alone have uncovered..

ya major strange,, most teams hould on to scouts until draft over,, they have the knowledge of hidden gems they think maybe they alone have uncovered..

This is actually one of my concerns. Whenever the Jets think they're smarter than everyone else, it's usually the opposite that's true.

Archived