Jets to hire Rex Hogan & Brian Heimerdinger to Front Office (merged)

DaBallhawk

Also I don't think Rod Graves has been let go, so maybe he's going to stay and

continue to hold the Football Administration (cap, contracts) position

Hmmm.... Interesting. Mehta reported(!) over a week ago that Graves was also going to be let go, but I can't find any stories that say it's actually happened. Looks like, as it stands, you may be right about that.

ya major strange,, most teams hould on to scouts until draft over,, they have the knowledge of hidden gems they think maybe they alone have uncovered..

Would this be similar in terms of coaches and F.O. Staff being allowed to leave if it's for a vertical hire in another organization? Maybe Scouts have that same luxury.

Both guys Mac hired will be in Senior Level Management... promoted from lesser positions in their old organizations. I guess Bears/Rams could have offered them equal promotions but there are others in those positions who the teams are happy with.

Hope they nail this draft and especially the #6 pick. Would love a trade down to pick up a few extra picks in this draft and next!

Surprised you'd say that CPA< as the best scout in the world is likely utterly ignorant on the contract-language and fiscal impacts of the salary cap and how to massage it.

I absolutely want a few GREAT accountants and Lawyers in MY Front Office.

Just not picking players.  

Let em write the contracts and do the cap.......   absolutely.  Thats what I said.  

I agree with Albert Breer, this is a credit to Maccagnan. I fully expected him to roll this draft with Bradway and Graves, and then start with the firing and hiring. For all the concern that he was some meek anti-alpha male, he's sure jumping into the job with confidence. I look forward to hearing his connection to these guys, or if they have connections to Wolf and Casserly.

Wasn't Bradway sh*tcanned along with Bauer a week ago or so?

Wasn't Bradway sh*tcanned along with Bauer a week ago or so?

Bradway and Bauer were canned. I believe Slats was saying he fully expected Maccagnan to keep those two through this draft THEN fire them.

Bold and Impressive move by Maccagnan! That saying about insanity and expecting different results comes to mind here.

Nicely done, Maccagnan

Bradway and Bauer were canned. I believe Slats was saying he fully expected Maccagnan to keep those two through this draft THEN fire them.

Bold and Impressive move by Maccagnan! That saying about insanity and expecting different results comes to mind here.

Nicely done, Maccagnan

Yep, Slats actually made it pretty clear, I just definitely read it too quickly. I too was expecting that, but cautiously quite optimistic about the moves.

This is the hard part as a fan. Most of us have no idea who these newcomers are and how they will play an integral role in reorganizing the scouting department. It can go either way and there is no way of realizing their positive/negative effect but we have to "knock it out of the park" because we can no longer afford to be as bad as we have been at evaluating & drafting college talent.

Rams have had a good run of picking talent since Fisher took over.

I have no idea on the reputation of the Bears' scouting dept.

Don't misunderstand my desire to win the Super Bowl as a sign that I am not grateful  for the memories giving me by Rex and Tanny.  I usually don't take part in the "let's fire this HC or this GM type debates, but after what happened in Miami 3 yrs ago, I wanted Rex Ryan Fired then.  When you as leader, openly admits to not knowing what is going on with those put in your charge, that is the height of incompetence.  

Combine that with the fact that the unit you're so focus on consistently fails in key moments of games, and I saw all I needed to see. 

Do Jet fans realized that the defense Donnie Henderson led under Herman Edwards was more effective in the key moments of games than the Defense the great Rex Ryan told us was all that ?

I do realize that my friend... :winking0001:

I'm guessing cap, or rather I'm hoping cap since that deer in the headlights photo doesn't inspire a people person kind of feel.

I just checked the website.  the jets make you earn the org chart, LOL

it looks like dinger replaces bradway, and hogan replaces bauer

no word on the cap/contract/agent/bad cop guy

rod graves is still technically listed, but macc may be trying to replace him

Surprising that CHI & STL would allow scouts to leave their front offices at this

time of the year. Everybody is gearing up for the Combine, pro days and the

draft teams usually don't let scouts leave until after that's completed

I think these are both viewed as promotions so their former teams wouldn't look good standing in their way. Now if it was a scout to scout lateral move I'd guess they would have to wait post-draft.

I just checked the website. the jets make you earn the org chart, LOL

it looks like dinger replaces bradway, and hogan replaces bauer

no word on the cap/contract/agent/bad cop guy

rod graves is still technically listed, but macc may be trying to replace him

Ex-Jags GM Gene Smith seems to be the guy for that role.

Marcel Shipp, Running Backs

Shipp coached alongside Bowles as an intern on the Cardinals staff in 2013, then last year was named running backs coach at his alma mater, Massachusetts.

He was a Cardinals RB for seven seasons from 2001-07, was on the Texans' offseason roster in '08, and spent four seasons with the United Football League's Las Vegas Locomotives, three as a player and 2012 as a coach.

Shipp was born in Paterson, NJ, played his high school ball at Passaic Tech in nearby Wayne, and had an outstanding playing career at  UMass.

Archived