Question for the Board

Tinstar

What are your credentials other than a fan nice to see gum chewing wanna be professional football coaches and talent evaluators have joined this board. Why dont we let the Offensive Coordinator and Line Coach decide Nick Mangolds fate who i might add has been the best Center in the NFL for years and the most durable. 

What are your credentials other than a fan nice to see gum chewing wanna be professional football coaches and talent evaluators have joined this board. Why dont we let the Offensive Coordinator and Line Coach decide Nick Mangolds fate who i might add has been the best Center in the NFL for years and the most durable. 

I don't think anything decided here will have much effect on what the coaching staff ultimately decides. As for my creds, i'll leave that up to you guys. I agree that Mangold has been one of the best if not the best offensive centers since he came into the NFL. I further acknowledge that the Man is 31 years old and isn't getting any younger and Injuries are becoming more common to him .

If moving Mangold takes the pressure off him and extends his career, then I am all for it. If it also strengthens the OL then I am all for it. 

What I must consider is this simple proposition.

Is replacing Mangold with Freeman and replacing Willie Colon with Mangold an improvement along the offensive Line or weakens it ?

I don't think anything decided here will have much effect on what the coaching staff ultimately decides. As for my creds, i'll leave that up to you guys. I agree that Mangold has been one of the best if not the best offensive centers since he came into the NFL. I further acknowledge that the Man is 31 years old and isn't getting any younger and Injuries are becoming more common to him .

If moving Mangold takes the pressure off him and extends his career, then I am all for it. If it also strengthens the OL then I am all for it. 

What I must consider is this simple proposition.

Is replacing Mangold with Freeman and replacing Willie Colon with Mangold an improvement along the offensive Line or weakens it ?

That all depends on how Mangold handles the change and adapts to the change its not a bad idea but fans like you and me aren't knowledgeable enough and can only play the "what if" game here. 

The reason I put him at RG instead of LG is because he would just be using his strength and not his athletic ability anymore.  I figure without having the worry of snapping the ball , he would be a far better option than Colon at RG.  It's not as much of a difference for a Center  to move to OG as it is for an OG to move to Center.

I just think it's  something worth considering.

Archived