Glad Jets didn't listen to me & trade for Gordon. (merged)

32EBoozer

It doesn't matter whether you believe smoking weed should be legal or not. If you're lucky enough to have the god given talent to play in the NFL you do NOT **** it up REPEATEDLY. Disgusting.

I understand that argument, and it holds some water. But the fact that a plant, one more time: a plant, is illegal speaks to the absurdity of this country and our legal system. People get locked in cages for owning a plant.

BTW, as much as I hate the NBA, they've got it (somewhat) right re: weed.

Many are still wrong about Harvin. No way that guy should be a Jet in '15. Once a piece of crap... always a piece of crap.

I'd hate to let that talent go out the door, but you're spot on.

As a sports fan I've seen this a million times.

If we suspend Josh Gordon, aren't we suspending our institutions in general? And if we're suspending our institutions in general, aren't we suspending our entire society? Do what you want to do to Josh Gordon, but I'm not going to sit here and listen to you some of you badmouth the United States of America.

As we all leave the building whistling. Thank you Otter.

I understand that argument, and it holds some water. But the fact that a plant, one more time: a plant, is illegal speaks to the absurdity of this country and our legal system. People get locked in cages for owning a plant.

The NFL also got rid of punishment for first time weed smoking. But that's not what this is.

He was on probation and a condition of that probation was to not drink. He violated his probation.

Josh Gordon Faces 1-Year Ban for Failed Drug Test: Latest Details and Reaction Scott Cunningham/Getty Images

Matt

Fitzgerald

Jan 25, 2015

Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon may not get another chance in the NFL after failing another drug test.

ESPN insider Adam Schefter reported news of Gordon's latest off-field misstep on Sunday:

ProFootballTalk.com added further details:

Bleacher Report's Matt Miller weighed in on the situation:

Former Cleveland tight end Benjamin Watson reached out on Twitter to express concern for the troubled All-Pro receiver:

Gordon led the NFL in receiving in 2013, but a string of bad decisions saw him suspended for two games that year and 11 games this past season.

Those suspensions, save for being held out of this year's season finale for a violation of team rules, were a result of substance abuse. The 23-year-old Gordon's failure to abide by league rules might cost him a promising career.

This is just the latest unfortunate development for a Browns franchise that needs any positive momentum it can muster.

The offense is in relative disarray with a sixth different offensive coordinator in as many years in John DeFilippo and a quarterback situation that’s yet to be solved, in part due to Johnny Manziel’s own questionable decisions away from the gridiron.

a colossal ass.

Lol, I was thinking what they would do with him, and how he could possibly be a cheap option for us if he was cut.  

What an idiot.  He's throwing away millions of money with this behavior, and he can blame himself in the future when he's all but broke wondering what happened.  

You're right, 100%. Drinking and driving is a very stupid thing to do. And I definitely jumped the gun in assuming it was weed again.

Still, the league had its on him/he's on probation or whatever because of weed. I find that to ve insane.

You know who should be able to have a gripe about weed? The team that pays him, because let's be honest, its the opposite of a performance enhancer.

In 10 years (hopefully) we're going to look back on the past 40 years or so with disgust. Prohibition didn't work the first time and its not working bow.

First, I agree with others that weed should be legal.

But it says something damning about Gordon that he knew since college (when he was busted multiple times for weed) that both the college and pros prohibit weed use but he still saw fit to get lit.

If someone told you that they'd pay you millions of dollars a year for the next 10 to 15 years so long as you stopped eating ice cream, would you do it?

Or would you say, "Nah, screw that, I should be able to eat all the ice cream I want!"  Or, would you say, "Yeah, I'll do without ice cream," then run to Ben & Jerry's every chance you got on the down low hoping your employer doesn't catch you?

You can't go the plant route, because opium is natural too.  And that's some trippy ass sh*t!

First, I agree with others that weed should be legal.

But it says something damning about Gordon that he knew since college (when he was busted multiple times for weed) that both the college and pros prohibit weed use but he still saw fit to get lit.

If someone told you that they'd pay you millions of dollars a year for the next 10 to 15 years so long as you stopped eating ice cream, would you do it?

Or would you say, "Nah, screw that, I should be able to eat all the ice cream I want!"  Or, would you say, "Yeah, I'll do without ice cream," then run to Ben & Jerry's every chance you got on the down low hoping your employer doesn't catch you?

This is a bit simplistic. Although you couldn't eat Ice Cream, you could still get sugared up with other candies and cakes.

The thing about being a pothead is that you like the "High" and unfortunately all the things that get you high (save alcohol) are illegal.

Gordon needs to get High... that's what addiction is all about(I speak from experience). Unfortunately, alcohol for him is ALSO illegal because of his probation deal.

He's an idiot.... but then again, so was I. I thank God that the drugs are no longer apart of my life(Clean & Serene 21 years)

You can't go the plant route, because opium is natural too. And that's some trippy ass sh*t!

That's should be legal too.

We lock way too many people in cages here. #1 in the world, but not even close to #1 overall population. Its sickening. "Land of the free" and some other such bullsh*t...

so if the NFL wanted to pay you millions and millions of dollars to play a game, but 1 of their rules was to stay away from this plant, you wouldn't do it because it's absurd?

Except for the fact that they were actually bad people.

The guy smokes weed, BFD.

This in a league where Mike Vick and Donte Stallworth can still find work. And never mind guys like Ray Rice or AP who will surely be working again next year.

Was Ricky Williams a bad guy too?

The outrage over weed is insane.

This! 

That's should be legal too.

We lock way too many people in cages here. #1 in the world, but not even close to #1 overall population. Its sickening. "Land of the free" and some other such bullsh*t...

Well, our society is based on a balance of personal freedoms and rule of law.

Countries like China are tilted more towards Zero personal freedoms and India with a modicum of freedoms.

In the US the Gov. recognizes that drugs can destroy the fabric of a society(see Mexico) and try to prevent that from happening,

The real crime is the failure to educate young inner city kids so they have options, dreams and goals and the quality jobs needed to bring hope.

IMHO!

I don't get it. Alcohol is a legal substance. So what did he do wrong.

Meanwhile certain teams and their HC's get away with twisting every rule possible.

His rehab protocol requires him to be alcohol-free.  He violated the terms of that. When you are a frequent offender, the alcohol rules for you can become different from those of non offenders.

Can't feel sorry for stupid.

Not so sure he is stupid. He is actually quite well spoken. He might have a substance abuse problem. He might be mentally ill which leads to substance issues. Gordon needs a psych eval... rehab... counseling... and possibly the right medications to help.

And of course, he has to want to get better.

Not so sure he is stupid. He is actually quite well spoken. He might have a substance abuse problem. He might be mentally ill which leads to substance issues. Gordon needs a psych eval... rehab... counseling... and possibly the right medications to help.

He was quite well spoken in the top 100 show. again.. I think the whole mental illness thing is off the way.. there is such thing as being irresponsible or not wanting your career more then weed. I mean there areally other words for that.. like mixed priorities or undisciplined.

this

Archived