Richard Sherman "Pats wont be punished because Goodell and Kraft are best friends"

Matt39

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never understood the hate that goes towards Sherman or the Seahawks in general. Sherman is one honest person!

I once asked a series of Jets fans who started a thread once why they hated the Seahawks and Carroll and they turned on me :fighting0093:

I still am asking why the Seahawks hate?

They have until last year been a losing franchise so what's the deal....

I once asked a series of Jets fans who started a thread once why they hated the Seahawks and Carroll and they turned on me :fighting0093:

I have no hate for the Seahawks. Their fans are classy and treat visiting fans with respect. Our old owner was stupid enough to fire Carroll. 

Personally I'm glad to see the Seahawks play well...my step-father's favorite team from the Chuck Knox years.

Hate Sherman cause he's an arrogant self promoter - like his diatribe against Crabtree last year, which was so out of place, but put him in the spotlight. I hope he gets burned next week by the cheaters.

Honest question is Sherman a bigger self promoter then say Rex was? 

And did Sherman just come out and say bad things about Crabtree?  The answer is NO...

Crabtree said Sherman wasn't all that good and then got shut out in the game's biggest moments.  And then Sherman talked about it after the game. 

Honest question is Sherman a bigger self promoter then say Rex was? 

And did Sherman just come out and say bad things about Crabtree?  The answer is NO...

Crabtree said Sherman wasn't all that good and then got shut out in the game's biggest moments.  And then Sherman talked about it after the game. 

I guess there is a certain type of self promoter that bothers me more. Chad Johnson was funny, he didn't insult anybody, he was even self deprecating, like when he threw himself onto the Cleveland fans after a TD and got drenched with beer. Rex doesn't put anyone down or show that he is more important than the team. But guys like Sherman are self promoters with a me first attitude in a team game. That's why I hate to see guys celebrating TD's, while ignoring their teammates who come to congratulate them.  Why didn't Al Toon or Wesley Walker do that?  I guess I'm just an old fogey with values from the 70's and 80's, when players were humble and when Billy White Shoes Johnson or Gastineau danced, it was a novelty. Now it's a novelty when the guy hands the ball to the ref. It's funny, because in that NFL commercial they always show during games, they show various highlights, and at the end, they show the Green Bay receiver cooly tossing the ball to the ref after a TD - because that is much cooler than some stupid dance.

Hate Sherman cause he's an arrogant self promoter - like his diatribe against Crabtree last year, which was so out of place, but put him in the spotlight. I hope he gets burned next week by the cheaters.

He really isn't.

Crabtree was the person in the wrong there. 

Sherman is a bad ass, He's an outstanding player and he's smarter than 99.5% of the players in the league, 

I wish this guy was a Jet. 

This should be directed towards the Pats, they are just as much to blame.

But even though they are the entity that benefits the most with Roger (Bob Kraft's yes man) Goodell, the "blame" Ray Ray s squarely right there atop the commissioner's shoulders.

I never understood the hate that goes towards Sherman or the Seahawks in general. Sherman is one honest person!

I've never understood it either.  He went to Stanford, and even before the Crabtree incident they were getting on Sherman because they claimed he really wasn't a Stanford grad, or something.  The guy has just had a certain percentage of people against him since Day One, and all he's ever done is back up everything he's ever said with his play on the field.

the biggest group of Seahawks fans (who don't happen to follow the team) happen to reside right here on Jets Nation

Guy is brilliant  he is turning big Mouth and truth into his own brand.  

and what I like the MOST about him is the way that he is now perceived as the BEST CB in the game and even makes more $$$ than Revis. You KNOW that Revis probably hates all the attention that he's been getting, and his biggest reason for signing with the Cheaters is because he wants what Sherman has; all of the commercials and the corporate goodies that have come his way since the last Super Bowl. Them beating the Cheats and DENYING Revis of all the glory he seeks will make it that much sweeter-that is IF they can overcome the league and the refs pre-written script of the Cheatriots hoisting a Lombardi despite all of the distractions leading up to it. Goodell hopes to be able to show the world that "his" team can win regardless.

Anybody else convinced that more New England/Kraft/Goodell/Belichick/Bradyand refs underhandedness is about to happen and is already in the works? This isn't a case of paranoia when it's always been a probability.

and what I like the MOST about him is the way that he is now perceived as the BEST CB in the game and even makes more $$$ than Revis. You KNOW that Revis probably hates all the attention that he's been getting, and his biggest reason for signing with the Cheaters is because he wants what Sherman has; all of the commercials and the corporate goodies that have come his way since the last Super Bowl. Them beating the Cheats and DENYING Revis of all the glory he seeks will make it that much sweeter-that is IF they can overcome the league and the refs pre-written script of the Cheatriots hoisting a Lombardi despite all of the distractions leading up to it. Goodell hopes to be able to show the world that "his" team can win regardless.

Anybody else convinced that more New England/Kraft/Goodell/Belichick/Bradyand refs underhandedness is about to happen and is already in the works? This isn't a case of paranoia when it's always been a probability.

The NFL need the Pats to lose.  Regardless of what Goodell wants.  Rest of the owners know damn well the Patriots cheated. If they win the Superbowl then last year was the last time a Superbowl meant anything.   

The NFL need the Pats to lose.  Regardless of what Goodell wants.  Rest of the owners know damn well the Patriots cheated. If they win the Superbowl then last year was the last time a Superbowl meant anything.   

The problem is the NFL will control the story, they don't need anybody to lose...They are already controlling the story.

This Bellichick science thing is just there so the shills can make an argument that the Pats didn't cheat.  Any reasonable person knows that science explanation is absolutely absurd - but the Pats can throw it out there so ESPN, NFL Network and other shills like Boomer Esiason can explain it away.

Hearing Sherman say what he said is very refreshing - hopefully more will come out and do that same.

The problem is the NFL will control the story, they don't need anybody to lose...They are already controlling the story.

This Bellichick science thing is just there so the shills can make an argument that the Pats didn't cheat.  Any reasonable person knows that science explanation is absolutely absurd - but the Pats can throw it out there so ESPN, NFL Network and other shills like Boomer Esiason can explain it away.

Hearing Sherman say what he said is very refreshing - hopefully more will come out and do that same.

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/bill-nye-the-science-guy-says-bill-belichick-is-full-of-1681658679/+bubbaprog

Based on his "scientific" explanation, one can probably extrapolate that Bill Belichick thinks the Earth is flat. 

I'm just about finished with pro football...unless we the people can do what we all did with the Fire Idzik movement and shift our focus over to impeaching Roger Goodell. The guy has GOT to go. One team can get away with murder-literally and any other team will have coaches suspended for full years and players fined for complete BS reasons because they aren't wearing Pats uniforms

IMPEACHGoodell 

This is the way I feel too...Just about done - the league really has become a joke and no longer enjoyable to watch.  What begins to happen for me is when you know cheating is going on and nothing is done about it - in fact the league supports the cheaters...Everything then begins to feel like cheating..

I've never been one to buy into the "Pats get all the calls" argument...But right now I believe I was wrong and going forward everything I, unfortunately, will be looking at it from a much more cynical point of view.  If clear and obvious cheating (that by most accounts has been going on for years) is given a slap on the wrist then what else is going on?

The league at this point is a joke ...I am more or less done until something changes.

The person, who spoke to USA TODAY Sports on condition of anonymity because neither Sherman nor his agent have discussed the details of the case publicly, said Sherman says he accidentally drank from a bottle into which a teammate poured a crushed Adderall pill. The person said the teammate is permitted to take the drug under NFL rules because he has a prescription.

Why are you changing the subject?

That Adderall thing was 2012, old news, and what  does it have to do with him having the guts to point out Kraft and Goodell are cronies?

This is the other question....How much power does Kraft really wield.  In reality he's only one of 32 votes.  There has to be a group of owners that despise him - are there enough to force out Goodell?

Who's still in Kraft's corner?

If the majority of owners want a heavy fine on the Pats there will be a heavy fine on the Pats....If the majority of owners want Goodell fired, Goodell will be fired.  There is no way Goodell is making this decision without hearing from every owner...

It feels more like the owners need to stand up for themselves...

Goodell changes the inflation rule to whatever pressure Brady thinks feels good..

This is the problem with one commissioner. Baseball has had the same issue. Really there should be a board of directors in charge of the league to avoid direct conflicts of interest like this one. 

Archived