First mock of the year...

Beerfish

1 - Shane Ray - DE/OLB - Missouri

Pace is old, Babineau was stop gap.  The Jets front 7 is one great olb pass rusher away from being truly dominant

2 - Cam Erving - Oline - Florida State

Erving played Center last year but has played all oline positions, nimble a great run blocker and versatile.

3 - Quinten Rollins - CB - Miami (Ohio)

Jets need to add a CB, Rollins by a number of reports was very good at senior bowl week.  6'1" 203.  Guy has ball skills.

4 - Jamison Crowder - WR - Duke

Another player who impressed at the senior bowl, not big but has speed and also a kick returner.  There will be a spot open if the Jets get rid of Harvin.

5 - Stephone Anthony - LB - Clemson

Good tackler, good run stopper.  Harris is getting older and the Jets need some kind of legit prospect at ILB.

7 - Brandon Bridge - QB - South Alabama

A raw but physically gifted prospect, would be a long term project.

Like everything but Ray.

That is certainly going to be the toughest pick for the Jets.  The draft is not super stacked in jets need positions at the top unless people love the QB's  (both of whom were gone in my mock projection)

That leaves us some Dlineman, olbs and olineman, perhaps Cooper at WR.  I say this every year it seems but I would not mind a trade down scenario for us.

That is certainly going to be the toughest pick for the Jets.  The draft is not super stacked in jets need positions at the top unless people love the QB's  (both of whom were gone in my mock projection)

That leaves us some Dlineman, olbs and olineman, perhaps Cooper at WR.  I say this every year it seems but I would not mind a trade down scenario for us.

I'm just not sure that Ray is that can't-miss OLB, though. The draftnik dudes all sh*t on him for being a tweener.

IMO, (and I say this as a dude who hasn't been following college football as hard this year), I'd use this #6 on 1. Cooper, 2. Kevin White, 3. The best OT available.

1st cooper if we cant get him trade down and go after Beckham or Strong. 2nd,OT Flowers or Sambrailo.3rd CB C.Rollins or OLB kikaha.4th CB S. Nelson or ILB,R.Wilson 5th WR A. Hill or OG A.Marpet and 7th DE.S. Riddick or WR, T. McBride. what you guys think.

1st cooper if we cant get him trade down and go after Beckham or Strong. 2nd,OT Flowers or Sambrailo.3rd CB C.Rollins or OLB kikaha.4th CB S. Nelson or ILB,R.Wilson 5th WR A. Hill or OG A.Marpet and 7th DE.S. Riddick or WR, T. McBride. what you guys think.

Any draft that starts with a WR  while Shane Ray or Vic Beasley are still on the board is something I want no part of.

Any draft that starts with a WR  while Shane Ray or Vic Beasley are still on the board is something I want no part of.

i see your point but we need a true #1 WR as much if not more then a pass rusher but I would not be mad if we took Ray I don't think Beasley is worth the 6th pick, and pray that Sammie Coats falls to us in the 2nd.

i see your point but we need a true #1 WR as much if not more then a pass rusher but I would not be mad if we took Ray I don't think Beasley is worth the 6th pick, and pray that Sammie Coats falls to us in the 2nd.

Coates is just like Stephen Hill. He can't catch a cold in a driving rain storm.  I would rather wait and take Tony Lippett

Coates is just like Stephen Hill. He can't catch a cold in a driving rain storm.  I would rather wait and take Tony Lippett

I would not say coats is as bad as hill but I do like lippett but not with our 2nd and about taking a WR with your 1st ask the Gmen how that worked out I think they are happy with it

I've been saying that about Coples for two years now. A big waste trying to make him into Bryan Thomas.

Coples isn't a bad 3-4 outside linebacker because he's really a 4-3 defensive end. He's a bad 3-4 outside linebacker because he's not a 4-3 defensive end. He's a tackle. The difference between playing inside and outside is real. The difference between 3-4 OLB and 4-3 DE is words.

Coples isn't a bad 3-4 outside linebacker because he's really a 4-3 defensive end. He's a bad 3-4 outside linebacker because he's not a 4-3 defensive end. He's a tackle. The difference between playing inside and outside is real. The difference between 3-4 OLB and 4-3 DE is words.

Will have to totally disagree with you on that last comment. 

Coples has Mario Williams's body. He's a 4-3 DE. The fact that he managed to be effective playing out of position first 3 years of his career is a testament to his athleticism

I don't know but it makes too much sense. 4 man fronts give Brady the most trouble and Coples' natural position is 4-3 dE

. No its not. What position did he play junior year at UNC? 43 DT. Go read up on him. Heck, watch his rookie year film when he excelled at DT.

1 - Shane Ray - DE/OLB - Missouri

Pace is old, Babineau was stop gap.  The Jets front 7 is one great olb pass rusher away from being truly dominant

2 - Cam Erving - Oline - Florida State

Erving played Center last year but has played all oline positions, nimble a great run blocker and versatile.

3 - Quinten Rollins - CB - Miami (Ohio)

Jets need to add a CB, Rollins by a number of reports was very good at senior bowl week.  6'1" 203.  Guy has ball skills.

4 - Jamison Crowder - WR - Duke

Another player who impressed at the senior bowl, not big but has speed and also a kick returner.  There will be a spot open if the Jets get rid of Harvin.

5 - Stephone Anthony - LB - Clemson

Good tackler, good run stopper.  Harris is getting older and the Jets need some kind of legit prospect at ILB.

7 - Brandon Bridge - QB - South Alabama

A raw but physically gifted prospect, would be a long term project.

Solid draft, Rollins offers long term gain, but i don't see him being effective even in a BU role his first year. Athletically he can do it, but NFL WR will tie him up in knots. One year in the Mac does not get you ready For Brady

Shane Ray will give an outside pass rush they have not head since Pace was first brought aboard.

I like Ewing a lot, perfect fit for the jets.

I don't see what everyone else seem to see in Crowder

I see Bridge as a PS guy for a couple of years, (never seen him play, just going on write ups)

. No its not. What position did he play junior year at UNC? 43 DT. Go read up on him. Heck, watch his rookie year film when he excelled at DT.

This is 100% true. He made a name for himself under the Butch Davis led tarheels as DT. In 2010 he had huge year - then Davis was ran out of town he got moved to DE where was less effective. That's when all the "hot/cold motor" talk took off.

I saw this Kid Rannell Hall in the senior Bowl  and I liked what I saw. I did  some research and here's what I like:

The kid catches the ball if it's near him

The kid runs all kinds of routes

The kid has excellent body control

The kid has decent speed

The kid has nice size. i think .

I have an interest as a late round pick.

Those measurements indicate body type? Interesting.

Williams 34" arm length, hands 10"

Coples 33" arm length, hands 10"

What more do you want, the guy stated they had a similar body type, they do.  Similar height and weight, similar arm length.

Williams is obviously the much better player but we are not talking about that are we?

Archived