Who the hell does Kraft think he is?!?

indygirl4jets

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is how I think the Pats operate. For the most part they play 'by the rules' but they don't adhere to the 'spirit' or the intent of the rule. They look at a rule and they say how can we exploit the rule or take it as close to the edge as possible. It gets into the unethical area. This includes the substitution of eligible receivers but rushing up to the line of scrimmage thus putting the onus on the refs to make the call when the true sportsmanship of the rule is to allow sufficient time for the D to readjust. In this case - the Patriots presented footballs at 12.5 psi to the refs. They may have prepped the ball/ air to be "overinflated" with the hope of deflation as the ball assumed ambient temperature or they prepped the ball post refs evaluation that led to a deflation or softer feel.either way it's unethical but they did adhere to the rule. The intent spirit of the rule was to play with ball between 12.5 and 13.5.

Best post of the week by a Jets fan.

As you missed the point, not surprising, if the protocol is the Patriots can deliver the balls and request the refs to pump up to 12.5 PSI.  Then the onus is on the refs to proove they did as much.  Just saying they did will not hold up.

Now, if the protocol is the balls need to be deliverdd at 12.5, then the Patriots are wrong.

Only reason NFL is taking all this time without even interviewing the principal's of this allegation is because it can have all the answers to such beautiful questions. I hear there is half an hour game show planned during the off season.

Common sense would dictate that the team playing by the rules would inflate the balls to proper psi before handing the ball to the refs. You know stuff that Colts seem to have done. Their balls were all proper psi. Heck even the Pats managed to get one right. Or was it a careless ballboy.

Only reason NFL is taking all this time without even interviewing the principal's of this allegation is because it can have all the answers to such beautiful questions. I hear there is half an hour game show planned during the off season.

Common sense would dictate that the team playing by the rules would inflate the balls to proper psi before handing the ball to the refs. You know stuff that Colts seem to have done. Their balls were all proper psi. Heck even the Pats managed to get one right. Or was it a careless ballboy.

They had to use the colts balls to find one that was inflated properly. It wasnt a careless ballboy. He DID NOT take it upon himself to deflate the balls! He was instructed to do it.

I think the cheating helps to get them to the big game but the intense scrutiny of the big game may prevent the cheating once there hence the big game failures.

Also, I doubt we see the bogus eligible receiver substitutions they have been using that doesnt give the defense time for their own adjustment / substitutions.

It may or may not not technically be a cheat but an anology would be crooks making bank withdrawals or deposits of a little less than 10K so the IRS doesnt get notified. Not against the rules maybe but Its another way of skirting the law and thats how the Pats** do things to win.

Seattle doesn't really do that much substitution on defense anway, if I'm not mistaken

It was a careless ballboy.

Then why does A-a-ron over inflate?  To get it the way he wants. 

If A-a-ron said he does it hoping they do not put a gauge on it and he sometimes all they do is a squeeze, then the Patriots can submit them low and request the ref to do his job.

It might be a sh*tty excuse, but it is a plausible.

If A-a-ron said he does it hoping they do not put a gauge on it and he sometimes all they do is a squeeze, then the Patriots can submit them low and request the ref to do his job.

It's is the mother of a all sh*tty excuses. It's getting pathetic really.

In a way its a very sad sight that fan's and by extension client's have to stoop to such levels just to defend a football team because i think a lot of people in Boston personally have a lot of integrity. They just get swept away in their emotions for some team and you get this.

Big difference, packers are at a disadvantage playing with overinflated balls, specially in poor conditions, I cant imagine Rodgers playing with a 14.0 psi, I think we they say over-inflated we are talking 13.7 more rounding than anything

Archived