Brandon Browner and the Deflatriot Way

Integrity28

Why is he a turd?

All Browner is doing is trying to exploit a situation to gain a competitive advantage.

This is the NFL, not some ballet symposium.

You're right, this is the NFL, but we'll have to wait and see if Browner crosses the line somewhere, which based on Patriot history, that seems plausible, the Pats don't know any better.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is suggesting this different than what the Saints were penalized for? Everybody knows teams try to behead QBs.  The 'saints offered extra compensation for it. Dumb, and cost them a coach for a year.  Everybody knows teams go after injured players.  Trumpeting it pre game should get you a fat fine.  It is all about the image.  For that matter, I would expect Browner to get a large dose of Lynch and friends early.  That is how things are done.  But why he did warrants a fine.

The repercussions for saying things like this are much worse for a player than a fan. It's worse, way worse, when a fan says it because their only purpose is to give up some money and act entertained. At least Browner actually gains something from winning this game.

Serious question - what does a fan face for saying things like that? Browner is on the field.

Fans risk being shamed by other fans that lecture them from a moral high ground.

Players risk bountygate-like repercussions, in an NFL that administers rules and punishment evenly, not in this NFL.

Fans risk being shamed by other fans that lecture them from a moral high ground.

Players risk bountygate-like repercussions, in an NFL that administers rules and punishment evenly, not in this NFL.

Yes, if he was a Saint he would be hammered with a heavy fine and suspension - but being that he's a Pat he'll get a slap on the wrist.

He shouldn't be able to play in this game Sunday.

Yes, if he was a Saint he would be hammered with a heavy fine and suspension - but being that he's a Pat he'll get a slap on the wrist.

He shouldn't be able to play in this game Sunday.

Slap on the wrist? I don't think anything whatsoever will be done. It'll be ignored.

Lies, most fans have no shame. They are over entitled and perpetually indignant, like soap opera viewers.

This is nowhere near the Saints situation either. This is traditional Super Bowl week smack and nonsense.

OTOH further proof that the proles WANT to be policed. I just re watched CA2 last night. Stupid sh*t like this is willfully and deceitfully taken out of context to what end?

Why is he a turd?

All Browner is doing is trying to exploit a situation to gain a competitive advantage.

This is7 the NFL, not some ballet symposium.

Didn't the NFL just suspend a head coach, coaches and players for this type of intent. Where is the NFL on this - this is intent to maim a player.

Didn't the NFL just suspend a head coach, coaches and players for this type of intent. Where is the NFL on this - this is intent to maim a player.

They actually got those players and coaches for actually doing it...over years...You guys are really over sensitive. I get it and all, Jets vs. Patriots ahhh the big rivalry, but with such a one sided rivalry it just comes off as petty and bitchy to whine about this.

Lies, most fans have no shame. They are over entitled and perpetually indignant, like soap opera viewers.

This is nowhere near the Saints situation either. This is traditional Super Bowl week smack and nonsense.

OTOH further proof that the proles WANT to be policed. I just re watched CA2 last night. Stupid sh*t like this is willfully and deceitfully taken out of context to what end?

What do you mean lies? We see it here every time one fan says "I hope ____ breaks his ******* ____", then the horde piles on that guy for saying something so "unclassy". 

For players, I do think one could argue that the risk - read: risk - is something Saints-like in punishment. I'm not saying they are the same, and as I said, it won't happen, but depending upon the politics in the league and media, one could imagine a scenario where a player is made an example of to that effect. I don't think that's a stretch, the NFL likes to pick and choose who to make their examples of. 

Anyway.

They actually got those players and coaches for actually doing it...over years...You guys are really over sensitive. I get it and all, Jets vs. Patriots ahhh the big rivalry, but with such a one sided rivalry it just comes off as petty and bitchy to whine about this.

This isn't totally the truth. Players were suspended who were in positions of leadership that were not knowingly involved in going after players to hurt or maime - this included the HC who was suspended because he was the HC. What is the difference - that there wasn't $ involved or there isn't a pattern. Again when a player states to go after an injured player to hurt him more with potential consequences to ruin a career - this exactly the message the NFL was sending. Classy organization by the way.

What do you mean lies? We see it here every time one fan says "I hope ____ breaks his ******* ____", then the horde piles on that guy for saying something so "unclassy". 

For players, I do think one could argue that the risk - read: risk - is something Saints-like in punishment. I'm not saying they are the same, and as I said, it won't happen, but depending upon the politics in the league and media, one could imagine a scenario where a player is made an example of to that effect. I don't think that's a stretch, the NFL likes to pick and choose who to make their examples of. 

Anyway.

Much like holding and PI - punishments are very arbitrary.  This allows the league to attempt to control the outcome of things off and on the field. 

You do have to love the fact that after '5 martini' Kraft gives his heartfelt speech about the class of the Patriot organization their starting CB tells his teammates to go out and maime players. Have another martini Bob. With all the loose lips and Ryan giving free reign to his players to talk to the press never heard a Jet player imply this. Browner quote is priceless and at the very least gives great bulletin board material for the Seahawks which you know BB loves.

Unless he actually breaks someone's arm, this isn't something to be made an example of. Stop being offended by dumb things.

Not true at all

How many saints players broke arms and legs on purpose!  Williams was fined over words and paying players for big hits

For crying out loud, it's Brandon Browner.

Before he gets to maim a player, he'd be flagged for holding, illegal contact or pass interference.

Whatevs.

How many times has a member of JN said, "the Jets should break Brady in half regardless of the penalty"?

Too many.

Save your moral indignation when many if not all of you have called for the Jets' D to kill Brady.

You do realize there's a difference between a fan saying it and a player advocating it...

You do have to love the fact that after '5 martini' Kraft gives his heartfelt speech about the class of the Patriot organization their starting CB tells his teammates to go out and maime players. Have another martini Bob. With all the loose lips and Ryan giving free reign to his players to talk to the press never heard a Jet player imply this. Browner quote is priceless and at the very least gives great bulletin board material for the Seahawks which you know BB loves.

He has already been sent to bed without his PED's

Dirtbag owner, dirtbag coach, and dirtbag players.

The Pats are an organization of dirtbags.

One thing I think we can be confident about going forward - the term "The Patriot Way" is done!   (always made me nauseous)

at least when it's used to describe something positive...

Whatevs.

How many times has a member of JN said, "the Jets should break Brady in half regardless of the penalty"?

Too many.

Save your moral indignation when many if not all of you have called for the Jets' D to kill Brady.

A member of JN saying it is one thing. 

A player on the team that they are playing is something else entirely. 

How come Goodell isn't threatening a fine for Browner. Player safety is involved. 

If were Tom Benson or Sean Payton I'd be screaming bloody murder over this. 

No, Greg Williams got suspended for paying a bounty it injure players.

Browner did not pay anyone.

Completely different situations.

Your boy Browner also did steroids too. 

Who will you be rooting for in 3 years after Brady's stats fall off from not being able to cheat anymore and he retires "to spend more time with Giselle?"

A member of JN saying it is one thing. 

A player on the team that they are playing is something else entirely. 

How come Goodell isn't threatening a fine for Browner. Player safety is involved. 

If were Tom Benson or Sean Payton I'd be screaming bloody murder over this. 

Goodell come down on the Patriots for two things?  Really dude?  You can see this?  :)

My only point is ehe BS moral outrage a player from a fandom that has over a billon posts wishing Brady would die...painfully.

Goodell come down on the Patriots for two things?  Really dude?  You can see this?  :)

My only point is ehe BS moral outrage a player from a fandom that has over a billon posts wishing Brady would die...painfully.

It not moral outrage. Its about basic fairness. The Saints were punished severely for paying bounties to knock players out of games because it was a player safety issue. Browner should be punished for advocating his teammates injuring an opponent. 

It not moral outrage. Its about basic fairness. The Saints were punished severely for paying bounties to knock players out of games because it was a player safety issue. Browner should be punished for advocating his teammates injuring an opponent.

How much did Browner pay his teammates?

The Saints coaching staff paid top dollar for devastating injuries.

Archived