Super Bowl Menu

JoeC36

Well was gonna hit up a sports bar but a snow storm to hit here tomorrow so instead will keep it simple.

Will chill on my lazyboy munch on some Burgers in front of the fireplace and a few cold ones and watch the game on my nice big HDTV .

LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW.

We got wings, we got mozzarella sticks, we got 7 layer dip we got Stromboli, we got egg rolls we got bean dip we got roast beef sliders, we got chip and regular dip we got vegetables and dip we got a combo mozzarella stick/egg roll mash up

2013 Founders KBS

2012 Goose Island BCBS Coffee Stout

Three Floyds Cimmerian Sabertooth Berzerker

Given the alcohol content of these ill be surprised if I'm still conscious by the 4th quarter.

When I stopped in Chicago on the way to GB we were drink Goose Island something and after two I was buzzing bad. Those were some good beers

When I stopped in Chicago on the way to GB we were drink Goose Island something and after two I was buzzing bad. Those were some good beers

Yeah, you have to be careful with the craft stuff. I watch people who don't know much about them and they think they can crush triple IPAs or stouts like Miller Lites. Aged stouts can get up to 16% on the alcohol content sometimes, if you're not careful your night can take a turn to the dark side very quickly. That's why a lot of places only do 6 oz pours with some of them. I've seen people bitch about it but it's responsible bartending.

Yeah, you have to be careful with the craft stuff. I watch people who don't know much about them and they think they can crush triple IPAs or stouts like Miller Lites. Aged stouts can get up to 16% on the alcohol content sometimes, if you're not careful your night can take a turn to the dark side very quickly. That's why a lot of places only do 6 oz pours with some of them. I've seen people bitch about it but it's responsible bartending.

I agree with this. We've got a couple of high-end bars here in Boston that serve a surplus of craft and rare beer. Every thing they serve has a specific pour. It's nice, because it's off-putting to the people that don't know how to handle that type of beer. They go find a dive bar, or a hotel bar, drink the way they want... and we get to enjoy quality. 

I tried doing home made wings and it was only so-so succcessful so this year it's store bought :-(

the wings were made and seasoned at the store, the "ready to eat" style, not frozen TGIF wings so I at least did that, lol

other than that it's home made stuffed potato skins, frozen mozz sticks, pizza bagels, and really nice veggie platter and fruit platter (btw since when is fruit a luxury item ?  $30 for a big platter ? wtf)

and enough salty snacks to kill an elephant

2013 Founders KBS

2012 Goose Island BCBS Coffee Stout

Three Floyds Cimmerian Sabertooth Berzerker

Given the alcohol content of these ill be surprised if I'm still conscious by the 4th quarter.

should make for some memorable gifs later today, lol

I tried doing home made wings and it was only so-so succcessful so this year it's store bought :-(

the wings were made and seasoned at the store, the "ready to eat" style, not frozen TGIF wings so I at least did that, lol

other than that it's home made stuffed potato skins, frozen mozz sticks, pizza bagels, and really nice veggie platter and fruit platter (btw since when is fruit a luxury item ?  $30 for a big platter ? wtf)

and enough salty snacks to kill an elephant

Home made wings are tough, unless you have a deep fryer. I refuse to use a fryer in my house. The best way to do wings at home (that I've embraced) is to forget what bar wings taste like altogether... thaw your wings, dry rub them, and either smoke them or grill them on low heat. Let moisture that makes a lot of home made wings "slimey" cook out of them. Then when they are done, or close to done, toss them in some sort of sauce. 

Home made wings are tough, unless you have a deep fryer. I refuse to use a fryer in my house. The best way to do wings at home (that I've embraced) is to forget what bar wings taste like altogether... thaw your wings, dry rub them, and either smoke them or grill them on low heat. Let moisture that makes a lot of home made wings "slimey" cook out of them. Then when they are done, or close to done, toss them in some sort of sauce. 

Agree no fryer in the house the place smells like ass for days afterwards hate that smell

OK, so after eating chicken three days in a row, my wing plan is out.

Now:

1. Chips and Velveeta Salsa/Queso Dip.

2. Appatizer-a-thon with Mini-Pizza, Pickle-Chips, Mushroom Profitaroles, Feta-Artichoke Pockets and more.

And beer. Microbrew beer from Lost Rhino Brewery.

Archived